Pat: I was not Forced Out | The Boneyard

Pat: I was not Forced Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What does "forced out" mean? If my employer tells me I have a choice of resigning and still having a role in the program and the ability to name my successor ...... OR remaining and face an embarrassing termination with it's inevitable damage to the program ..... am I being "forced"? We have no idea whether Pat has agreed in writing that she will not divulge the details of her new employment agreement or whether she agreed to state that she was "not forced". That would explain the use of the word "felt" in her affidavit which I am sure was reviewed and approved by her attorney.

U

UCONNfan1

Boy what a mess. I hope we don't have to go thru anything like that when Geno retires.

Reaction Score
Doggydaddy is waaaaaaayyy more powerful than we thought!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I assume in the court case her statement about 'feeling' she was forced out was under oath....is that true?
I assume also that would tend to help the woman suing the university for discrimination? Now this statement....presumably not under oath
....would tend to help the university's defense....and hurt the woman's case...true? Granted I am more Hamilton Burger than Perry Mason.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Her court document is under oath, but it did not say she felt forced out. It said she had a conversation in which she thought the AD was forcing her out and then had a second conversation in which it was not the case.
The women filing the case says she was given the ultimatum: resign, retire, or be fired, and people seem to be confusing the two situations.
This is a messy situation for TN, but every large company/institution has a number of these come up on a fairly regular basis.
Pat's document is really more a PR move by the defense than a supporting document to the case, and Pat called as a witness would probably not be a positive if this got to trial. But as fodder for media circus and for the perhaps less than rational Vol WCBB fan base it is definitely ratcheting up the pressure.

Reaction Score
"I was forced out" ... "I wasn't forced out" <yawn>Who really cares?

JS

Reaction Score
Her court document is under oath, but it did not say she felt forced out. It said she had a conversation in which she thought the AD was forcing her out and then had a second conversation in which it was not the case.
The women filing the case says she was given the ultimatum: resign, retire, or be fired, and people seem to be confusing the two situations.
This is a messy situation for TN, but every large company/institution has a number of these come up on a fairly regular basis.
Pat's document is really more a PR move by the defense than a supporting document to the case, and Pat called as a witness would probably not be a positive if this got to trial. But as fodder for media circus and for the perhaps less than rational Vol WCBB fan base it is definitely ratcheting up the pressure.
That's about it, IMO.

For those sticklers who see some faint contradiction between "I felt forced out" and "I wasn't forced out," here it is in conversational form:

Hart to Pat: "Your days as head coach are numbered. The fat lady is singing. To everything there is a season. You have to know when to hold 'em and fold 'em. We have to talk about a transition."

Pat to Debbie Jennings (plaintiff/confidante): "I can't believe it. Looks like they're forcing me out."

Jennings to Hart (and to others; raising a ruckus): "You can't do this to her. After all she's done for the University etc. etc."

Hart to Jennings: "I'm not forcing her out. We're having a negotiation. You wanta see forcing out? I'LL show you forcing out. Start packing."

Hart to Pat: "Now Pat, you misunderstood me. It's not my way or the highway. We can have a constructive conversation, find a win-win path, a mutually beneficial arrangement, blah blah etc."

Jennings to Pat: "I'm suing the SOBs. You told me you felt forced out. Now they're firing me for defending you. Are you willing to sign an affidavit about how you felt?"

Pat to Jennings: "Uh ... OK."

Hart to Pat: "You know very well that, in the end, when all was said and done, at the end of the day, in the final analysis, when push came to shove and it came down to brass tacks, you WEREN"T in fact forced out. You had all that input and stuff. Are you willing to sign a statement on that?

Pat to Hart: "Uh ... OK."

Hart to Pat: "Good, 'cause now maybe the freakin' fans will be even more confused than usual, tryin' to choose between delusions, and they'll shut up."

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Everything sounded spot on, except the fans will now shut up part.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Some thoughts best unexpressed. (Talking about my own)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
[edited quote deleted]

Fixed it for you.
(cue sanctimony in 3...2...1)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Fixed it for you.

This fixed for you meme is the stupidest development within any of the Boneyard boards. Just rude.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
CL82, that was a pathetic meme. The woman is ill with a disease that no one would wish on anyone. Funny you are NOT.

JS

Reaction Score
Fixed it for you.

We have all kinds of taste in humor here.

It's just that certain types of "humor," in this case involving the effects on an individual of a very serious illness, are out of bounds for this board. -- JS

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...every large company/institution has a number of these come up on a fairly regular basis....

-Her media career... never made me cheer for UTenn.
-Her media image... now has me favoring the school.
-Seems ironic.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01