Pasqualoni's Latest Victim: This Board | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni's Latest Victim: This Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The football program isn't the only thing Hathaway-Pasqualoni have murdered. What used to be a lively discussion forum has become a crickets' chorus because few now see us as worthy an addition as before Paul's Thursday pooch screwing. Laughing stocks rarely get brought up in serious discussions. Our ACC and B1G cheerleaders seem to have deserted us. Can anyone blame them?

About half an hour ago I started counting number of posts today. Men's BB: 9. Women's BB:38. Football: 39. Conference Realignment: 7. And most of the posts on football and quite a few on BB had to do with the rash of program deaths in Storrs. Manner of death: suicide. Cause of death: Paul Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
. Our ACC and B1G cheerleaders seem to have deserted us. Can anyone blame them?

My opinion about UConn to the B1G has not changed because of one football game. I am well aware that the B1G has its faults but I do think our conference is doing well at making decisions about conference realignment with a long term perspective. Yes. I think that Rutgers and Maryland will prove to be valuable additions in time. The fundamentals that make UConn, in my opinion, an attractive candidate for the B1G still exist. Among the most important of these are academic and not football. Your university is on an upward trajectory and I believe this will serve you well as conference realignment continues to move forward.

UConn’s Incoming Freshmen Bring a Wealth of Academic Talent, High Aspirations
"They’re high school valedictorians, community volunteers, varsity athletes, artists, peer mentors, aspiring scientists, accomplished writers – and they’re all part of UConn’s incoming freshman class, the most academically accomplished group to enter the University in its history."
http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2013/08...a-wealth-of-academic-talent-high-aspirations/

UConn Welcoming 165 New Faculty Members at Start of Fall Semester
"The large contingent of new faculty members is tangible evidence of the success of the University’s four-year hiring initiative, which has been described as one of the most ambitious plans of its type in U.S. higher education – especially in such tight economic times.
It’s about quality, not just quantity: UConn has recruited professors from several of the nation’s top institutions, including some who gave up tenure at their previous universities because they wanted to be part of UConn’s momentum."
http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2013/08...ew-faculty-members-at-start-of-fall-semester/

Next Generation Connecticut
"This proposal represents one of the most ambitious state investments in economic development, higher education and research in the nation. With Next Generation Connecticut, key, targeted strategic investments in facilities, faculty, and students will establish UConn as a vital STEM institution, fueling Connecticut’s economy with new technologies, highly skilled graduates, new companies, patents, licenses, and high-wage STEM jobs."
http://uconn.edu/nextgenct/

UConn Foundation
"Academic excellence, groundbreaking discoveries and athletic accomplishments have earned the University of Connecticut prestige as a national top public research university. UConn’s success is attracting a growing number of outstanding students, scholars and researchers. We have even greater aspirations for tomorrow.
Our University is poised to become a national, even global, leader for the 21st century. Together, through Our University. Our Moment. we will shape the University of Connecticut’s future."
http://www.foundation.uconn.edu/about-the-campaign.html

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have to admit that, until today, I have not come over to the CR board since losing to Towson. We are falling further and further away from getting out of this mid-major hell. Granted, Pasqualoni won't be our coach forever (hopefully!). But he's our coach now and it's tough for anyone (UCONN fans or fans of other schools across the country) to see any growth potential in our football program, while he's our coach, when we are blown out by FCS opponents in our home opener.

We still offer the academics, the markets, the powerhouse basketball programs, and competitive Olympic sports. Unfortunately, the program that is driving the bus in CR is in free fall and sunk at the bottom of the Connecticut River saddled with Paul Pasqualoni concrete blocks tied to our ankles.

Reaction Score
My opinion about UConn to the B1G has not changed because of one football game.

I tend to agree with what you wrote and appreciate your "back away from the ledge" post. Still, given Pasqualoni's tendency to underwhelm and Manuel's preference for monitoring over acting, we likely have 11 more disasters to change your mind.

Reaction Score
PP was brought on board to maintain the level of football that Edsall had taken UConn to. Instead, he greatly regressed the program. Conclusion is utter failure and time to move on, preferably today.

Reaction Score
I support UConn's inclusion in the P5. One game means nothing. As far as I'm concerned you can go 1-11 this year and it wouldn't change the fact that you are a great academic school, a state flagship, and an institution that has produced high quality athletics and multiple national championships. I want to see you in the ACC or B1G ASAP.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Every board I've belonged to has dropped in the last 7 years. Its the mobile and facebook effect. Really noticeable drop between the blogosphere heyday of 2006 and the Facebook, twitter, instagram generation of today. Elections 2012 were dead compared to 2008. I see the same thing on trade show coverage for musical instruments and software. Stock trading boards don't come close to their heyday. Temery needs to switch to Facebook and Twitter. Seriously. When those ad models are perfected bulletin boards and forums are dead.

Reaction Score
I support UConn's inclusion in the P5. One game means nothing. As far as I'm concerned you can go 1-11 this year and it wouldn't change the fact that you are a great academic school, a state flagship, and an institution that has produced high quality athletics and multiple national championships. I want to see you in the ACC or B1G ASAP.
Appreciate the support. Need a job? There's an opening (or should be anyway) for a head coach at UConn. Don't worry that you might not be proficient. That, apparently, isn't a job requirement.

Reaction Score
Every board I've belonged to has dropped in the last 7 years. Its the mobile and facebook effect. Really noticeable drop between the blogosphere heyday of 2006 and the Facebook, twitter, instagram generation of today. Elections 2012 were dead compared to 2008. I see the same thing on trade show coverage for musical instruments and software. Stock trading boards don't come close to their heyday. Temery needs to switch to Facebook and Twitter. Seriously. When those ad models are perfected bulletin boards and forums are dead.

Yeah but should the entire model have changed since Friday?

Reaction Score
ONE GAME DOES NOT DEFINE U CONN ATHLETICS! BUT HOW ITS PEOPLE RESPOND JUST MIGHT! Pick your a@#$* up and move on.

Reaction Score
I fully agree with the alumni/fans of other schools posting here that one game or season won't define UConn athletics. Besides, we have more NCAA championships than at least several Power 5 schools. Our football program can bounce back. We need to be patient and make the right hire. My guess is that Warde is salivating at his chance to make a hire in football.

In New England, all that's left (unless UMass succeeds) is UConn and BC.

Reaction Score
If we were to get any invite from a P5 it would be like getting a charge to the chest...."CLEAR".....and with a new coaching staff, we would no doubt come back to life.

With that said...we are flat lining right now ----------------------------

Reaction Score
The football program isn't the only thing Hathaway-Pasqualoni have murdered. What used to be a lively discussion forum has become a crickets' chorus because few now see us as worthy an addition as before Paul's Thursday pooch screwing. Laughing stocks rarely get brought up in serious discussions. Our ACC and B1G cheerleaders seem to have deserted us. Can anyone blame them?

About half an hour ago I started counting number of posts today. Men's BB: 9. Women's BB:38. Football: 39. Conference Realignment: 7. And most of the posts on football and quite a few on BB had to do with the rash of program deaths in Storrs. Manner of death: suicide. Cause of death: Paul Pasqualoni.

You come to a message board filled with anonymous posters/trolls for validation? Good luck with that :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

With all due respect, we deserted you because this board, and each and every thread here, became filled with overwhelmingly negative UConn "fans". Who needs the hassle?

Go to any other team's board, post something negative about their team, and see what happens. Here, we have our own "fans" calling other people crazy for daring to believe that UConn will eventually wind up in a better conference.

If I want to read how much UConn sucks and how much we're screwed, I can go to a BC board.

Or the WVU Board.

Or the CSN realignment board, where they have an over/under thread devoted to how many wins our football team will have this year.

Or I could save myself even more time, and just hit myself repeatedly in the nuts every time my mind drifts to the topic of conference realignment.

Certainly, PP is doing a horrible job and needs to be fired. That's a fair topic and it deserves an entire website of its own. But the constant drumbeat of our shortcomings (as a University) became (for me anyways) too much to take on a daily basis.

Don't blame Pasqualoni for people not posting here anymore. By your own count, the football board is the most active of the four boards.

For the record, I still think that the University of Connecticut has lots to offer a P5 conference, and yes, I do still believe that we will be in the B1G.

Look at the bright side: you no longer have to sift through many different active threads trying to keep up with the discussions. All you have to do now is read a few "realistic" posts from the same few "rational" posters saying basically the same thing. I'm sure many here would tell you that's a good thing.

Of course, you could also accomplish the same thing by reading the local newspaper...

Anyway, I happened to be browsing this site for the first time in quite a while when I stumbled upon your thread so I thought I'd post one last time. Good luck and GO HUSKIES!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
With all due respect, we deserted you because this board, and each and every thread here, became filled with overwhelmingly negative UConn "fans". Who needs the hassle?

Go to any other team's board, post something negative about their team, and see what happens. Here, we have our own "fans" calling other people crazy for daring to believe that UConn will eventually wind up in a better conference.

If I want to read how much UConn sucks and how much we're screwed, I can go to a BC board.

Or the WVU Board.

Or the CSN realignment board, where they have an over/under thread devoted to how many wins our football team will have this year.

Or I could save myself even more time, and just hit myself repeatedly in the nuts every time my mind drifts to the topic of conference realignment.

Certainly, PP is doing a horrible job and needs to be fired. That's a fair topic and it deserves an entire website of its own. But the constant drumbeat of our shortcomings (as a University) became (for me anyways) too much to take on a daily basis.

Don't blame Pasqualoni for people not posting here anymore. By your own count, the football board is the most active of the four boards.

For the record, I still think that the University of Connecticut has lots to offer a P5 conference, and yes, I do still believe that we will be in the B1G.

Look at the bright side: you no longer have to sift through many different active threads trying to keep up with the discussions. All you have to do now is read a few "realistic" posts from the same few "rational" posters saying basically the same thing. I'm sure many here would tell you that's a good thing.

Of course, you could also accomplish the same thing by reading the local newspaper...

Anyway, I happened to be browsing this site for the first time in quite a while when I stumbled upon your thread so I thought I'd post one last time. Good luck and GO HUSKIES!!
I'm positive that running away from negativity is a negative thing! :) Hope you change your mind. I no longer have to wear a cup. I've toughened my nuts coming to these sites over the years. I'm still thinking B!G with you!

Reaction Score

Or the WVU Board.

I happen to be in full vent mode at the moment. Not because I've lost long term faith in UConn but because we're now either currently squandering or faced with the prospect of squandering whatever premium has been associated with the Husky brand. The old adage says that when you find yourself in a hole the first thing you do is stop digging. We're not doing that. PP is now using a backhoe. It's like we're in the middle of a high colonic for a three year bout of constipation and the toilet backed up. Ward needs to create a plunger beanie for Pasqualoni's head.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's the thing and the outsiders will never, ever truly understand it...

We've taken every body blow imaginable in realignment. Nothing, but nothing, but nothing has gone in our favor and we're so clearly the school that fared the worst in realignment. We've seen schools worse than us in football promoted for football reasons, we've seen schools with resumes that do not even approach ours' in basketball promoted for basketball reasons. We've seen schools that weren't even in the Big East leave the Big East for greener pastures. Utah and Rutgers are in power conferences and we're not - it is truly approaching the absurd.

Even the visitors - if you're not from Florida or Ohio State or Michigan or USC or a handful of other football biggies....your school is no better than ours and yet your prospects are so much brighter just because your school had the good fortune to have been dropped down into Big Ten, ACC or SEC country. You won the first-world lottery at birth.

When the ACC signed the grant of rights, whatever air we had left basically came entirely out of our balloon. We've reinflated it a bit with some wishcasting about the Big Ten and the hope that UConn could win its way out of purgatory.

And then P delivers the worst game at the worst time in the school's athletic history. My immediate circle of UConn fans is more deflated than at any time in my memory - there doesn't really seem to be a roadmap out of the current misery.

That may change with a few wins or a few solid rumors, but right now, it looks like we have to climb Everest in bare feet. And it has made us a might prickly.

Reaction Score
I would venture to say our loss to New Haven was the worst loss ever. At least over the past 30 years. Towson was ranked #11 in the FCS when they played us. Ranked FCS teams have proven to do well against FBS teams.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would venture to say our loss to New Haven was the worst loss ever. At least over the past 30 years. Towson was ranked #11 in the FCS when they played us. Ranked FCS teams have proven to do well against FBS teams.

In the context of our current situation, this loss is far worse than New Haven.

Reaction Score
In the context of our current situation, this loss is far worse than New Haven.
When it comes to perception, sure. But at least the ACC posters still want us. As well as B1GALUM.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
When UConn finally gets an invite to a p5 conference someone in the next 5-10 years (possibly later, hopefully sooner), Pasqualoni well be a distant memory, like a faded childhood nightmare. And nobody will remember or care about the Towson game then, the same way nobody besides Butch and a handful of old timers remembers the U. New Haven game.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Or it was a long Labor Day weekend and people have beer things to do then to post negative venting rants on The Boneyard. Many a person even made it a 4 day weekend by taking Friday off from work, where most are already in front of the computer.

Reaction Score
ONE GAME DOES NOT DEFINE U CONN ATHLETICS! BUT HOW ITS PEOPLE RESPOND JUST MIGHT! Pick your a@#$ up and move on.

Agree - But the issue is more critical for UConn now. I think bold steps are needed to show folks that we will right the ship. I do not expect Pasquloni to be fired this week. If WM was to do anything it would have happened by now. However, if we the bed vs Maryland and don't show up vs Big Blue then his goose should be cooked. We'll see. I believe showing the world that we won't accept overpaying for ineptitude is important. BC has been in a P-5 conference for a while so they could be complacent with Spags. That can't happen with PP. Something dynamic must happen if he puts the same product on the field as he did vs Towson.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If the team can come back and beat Maryland, then this will be seen as an abberation. KState lost as well, in a bigger upset. Oregon State, #25, lost to a FCS school in an even bigger upset. Nova gave BC trouble. WVU struggled with William & Mary. Towson gave LSU problems last year. No excuses for the horrible performance, but we picked a good week to have a terrible game, as we were far from alone. A win this week will go far.

Reaction Score
Our position in CR is not dictated by one loss to an FCS opponent. We are here because of the complacency that developed during Hathaway's tenure, and because our brand in Football is weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom