Pasqualoni not planning any immediate changes | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni not planning any immediate changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
@peatonrobb: Pasqualoni not planning any immediate changes after Towson loss. http://post original url/qCF5PFUsap

For goodness sake please fire GDL at least. You're clueless PP

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Does he know there's no draft and the first pick in the HS recruiting sweepstakes will be bought for $300,000 to $600,000?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
"Pasqualoni, speaking to reporters on a conference call Friday, said he felt quarterback Chandler Whitmer showed some first-game jitters Thursday night, but is confident he'll improve."

Opportunity to needlessly throw your QB under the bus even if its completely unwarranted, sure why not? I especially loved that time Whitmer's defense gave up 33 points to a FCS team.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/30/5695084/coach-not-planning-major-changes.html#storylink=cpy

Reaction Score
"Pasqualoni, speaking to reporters on a conference call Friday, said he felt quarterback Chandler Whitmer showed some first-game jitters Thursday night, but is confident he'll improve."

Opportunity to needlessly throw your QB under the bus even if its completely unwarranted, sure why not? I especially loved that time Whitmer's defense gave up 33 points to a FCS team.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/30/5695084/coach-not-planning-major-changes.html#storylink=cpy

He called out Hemingway, Mack and Jones as well. First time I've heard a UConn HC use actual names. At least with Randy it was we need to execute better.

Reaction Score

It's unacceptable to say your QB had jitters in game 1 facing an FCS team at home... It makes you wonder if he was ever confident with our ability to execute during camp when u hear that. These players should be held accountable for mistakes then. U throw INTs in simulated games u get replaced by a kid that doesn't make the same mistake, you fumble a punt or a KO.. or you can't find a whole in a KOR and run straight to a mess at the 20 yd line everytime... you put in the kid that once it the most that has proven that they want the opportunity to give their all when the lights come on... We just didn't look that way fellas.. Looks like the mistakes we make in practice never got cleaned up...

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
He called out Hemingway, Mack and Jones as well. First time I've heard a UConn HC use actual names. At least with Randy it was we need to execute better.

It's an absolute disgrace, and frankly, more embarrassing to me that he's a representative of this university than last night's effort.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I haven't listened to him since he went to Sirius, but Does Howard Stern still have the, "WHA-WHA-WHAAAAT?" production drop? Because that's all I hear when I read this article. How does Whitmer have 1st game jitters in his 13th game? It is nonsensical.

My favorite part was:
"Pasqualoni, says he understands why fans were booing, but expressed encouragement that UConn was down by just eight points, before fumbling a punt with just over 3 minutes left in the game.

Um..."Coach?" You weren't playing Alabama. You weren't even playing UAB. You were encouraged that you were only down by 8 to a Div. 1AA team that ate your lunch all night...

To make matters worse. UConn's Freshman punt returner whose most important job is to catch and secure the change of possession, burned his redshirt. If that's not the rotted cherry to top this sundae, I haven't the first clue what is.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He is clearly out of touch with his team and what happened last night. Nobody should be F ing encouraged to be down 8 points at home against a D-II school.

Reaction Score
I'm tired of the refrain, well Pasqualoni can't coach but he's a really nice guy. As far as I'm concerned he's a huge POS, the guy makes 1.6 million per season, he's completely destroyed UConn football and he takes zero ownership. He's constantly placing blame on the players instead of owning up to his own futility.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I haven't listened to him since he went to Sirius, but Does Howard Stern still have the, "WHA-WHA-WHAAAAT?" production drop? Because that's all I hear when I read this article. How does Whitmer have 1st game jitters in his 13th game? It is nonsensical.

Haven't heard that one in a while, but I'm prescribing you a dose of sirius radio so you can listen to Stern again. When he's actually on, he'll make you feel so much happier...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Haven't heard that one in a while, but I'm prescribing you a dose of sirius radio so you can listen to Stern again. When he's actually on, he'll make you feel so much happier...

Anything to put out the dumpster fire I just witnessed last night. I woke up this morning half-believing it was a bad dream. After all I tailgated like a champ. I checked my phone this morning. Alas, it was not.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm tired of the refrain, well Pasqualoni can't coach but he's a really nice guy. As far as I'm concerned he's a huge POS, the guy makes 1.6 million per season, he's completely destroyed UConn football and he takes zero ownership. He's constantly placing blame on the players instead of owning up to his own futility.
This is as close as you can get to him taking responsibility:

On whether or not he put the team, players in the best position to win: “I think defensively there were a few…we adjusted as the game went on but we could have done a little bit better job with some of those runs early in the game. We lost leverage on a couple of those plays that came out of there. It was not something we had worked a great deal on and we had to adjust as the game went on. I think we could have done a better job there, certainly and the one thing I would have liked to had done was to help with the protection on No.56 (defensive end Ryan Delaire) because he was an effective pass rusher especially setting up the outside and then coming inside. Those are two things we could have done a better job at, I could have done a better job with and the staff could have done better with but overall I think were some things we did very well – on both sides of the ball.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
"overall I think were some things we did very well – on both sides of the ball."

Like what exactly Paul?! Kept the ball clean from grass stains? Actually passed the ball in the air? Made an open-field tackle? There was nothing done "well" on either side of the ball last night. The kids weren't prepared or excited to be playing in the game. The entire atmosphere was boring and with ZERO energy. And I blame our leader and head man, PP for that. Not the players. This coach and the staff did not have them ready to play and it showed the entire contest. Yes, fans staying in their seats the entire game would have helped, but you can only ask so much after the beating they were taking I guess.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
EVEN IF you'd don't plan on making sweeping changes after a loss to a FBS school... YOU DON'T SAY THAT. You say: "That was completely unacceptable. We'll do everything and anything you we can to make sure we fix the situation." I never thought we would find a guy less media savvy than Edsall... but I think we have.

Reaction Score
EVEN IF you'd don't plan on making sweeping changes after a loss to a FBS school... YOU DON'T SAY THAT. You say: "That was completely unacceptable. We'll do everything and anything you we can to make sure we fix the situation." I never thought we would find a guy less media savvy than Edsall... but I think we have.

Notice how there are no actual quotes in that specific article though?

Here it implies differently:

"When pressed if he'd consider a change, possibly 6-foot-4 freshman Tim Boyle, Pasqualoni responded, "We're going to watch the film, grade it, see what the factors are and move on from there." <<

Reaction Score
He is clearly out of touch with his team and what happened last night. Nobody should be F ing encouraged to be down 8 points at home against a D-II school.

Total disconnect. Can anyone (Ward, Susan) come out of that believing things are going to turn around and the team will rally behind their coach? No one is buying it, least of all the team.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Total disconnect. Can anyone (Ward, Susan) come out of that believing things are going to turn around and the team will rally behind their coach? No one is buying it, least of all the team.

I don't really think any of those kids play for this guy... Don't think they ever have. They play for themselves and the school, but IMO anyway I've never felt like they've played for their HC because he's so disconnected. I went to the last open practice in Storrs on the 17th. PP barley says anything. It just seems like he walks around aimlessly and occasionally interjects on a specific drill. Idk... I'm so over this guy, and I feel like this team is too. If the energy level on the sidelines last night didn't speak for itself.

Reaction Score
What in the hell does GDL have on PP? It must be pretty bad, because PP loves to keep this guy around.

Reaction Score
I don't really think any of those kids play for this guy... Don't think they ever have. They play for themselves and the school, but IMO anyway I've never felt like they've played for their HC because he's so disconnected. I went to the last open practice in Storrs on the 17th. PP barley says anything. It just seems like he walks around aimlessly and occasionally interjects on a specific drill. Idk... I'm so over this guy, and I feel like this team is too. If the energy level on the sidelines last night didn't speak for itself.

Playing for yourself is what you do on the playground, at stick time at the rink. Beyond that you should be playing for your team and love of the sport. But I don't think that's enough to be successful. You have to have some level of confidence, trust at least in your coach. That he/they know what they're doing. Otherwise why put out 100% for the long hours of practice only to get tossed under the bus?

Reaction Score

Que the Animal House scene with Kevin Bacon about everything being under control.

Reaction Score
I agree. I'm not seeing any type of connection between players and coach. Nothing. Like when Butch Jones was here last year, always standing in the middle of a bunch of guys, everyone animated, moving, they looked like an army coming after you. P is just so dissociated from the human aspect of "team," the emotional aspect. The kids are playing for their parents, each other, themselves, but this guy is no leader and they're not playing for him.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni, says he understands why fans were booing, but expressed encouragement that UConn was down by just eight points, before fumbling a punt with just over 3 minutes left in the game

Oh wow this guy can't be serious.....He's completely lost touch with reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom