Pasqualoni era over. | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni era over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's over. It died on the field in upstate new york, a fitting location. There was a heroic last gasp last Saturday, but it died today, in a half hearted, going through motions 30 point loss to Buffalo.

It's not the fans that have spoken, it's not the fans that anyone in the administration need listen to and observe. It's the players. This was not a team today, that will win. That they have the talent, the structure on offense and defense and game plans, to win.....is there to see on film. But this team had the opportunity to speak very loudly about who they are today, and they did. I wrote a lot last week - hoped it would be a different result. It wasn't.

The players have spoken with their actions. Intentionally? Unintentionally? Makes for interesting discussion, but ultimately the only thing that matters, is that the players have spoken.

This is how it works folks. If Pasqualoni and Deleone aren't gone by tomorrow, we can all turn our venom on the administration, because it will show that the administrators don't understand, didn't watch, and don't care.

Reaction Score
Carl, Carl, Carl. You're a nice fellow and all, but what we saw today was a continuation of what we saw against Towson. We all hoped for better after that, but nothing I saw today changed my mind from week one. It was over then, now it's just a question of if we go winless.

Reaction Score
Don't let your feelings about my antics on a website get in the way.

If Manuel hasn't fired Pasqualoni AND Deleone by tomorrow morning, and demonstrates that he's got a good plan of action on what to do from here - we are in more trouble than any damage that going 0-4 to start the season and 10-18 in since the Fiesta Bowl can ever cause. Because Manuel should have had a plan to move on with different coaches, as of last December, and it should have been getting really solid after losing to Towson by multiple scores, and now - it should be ready to go by morning.

If the administration cares at all, it's over. The players spoke with how they played. Not me.

Frankly, I"m really worried. I don't get worried about things easy, but I'm really concerned about what kind of Athletic Director we've got, adn what our goals really are as an athletic department and university.

Reaction Score
I hope Warde realizes GDL needs to go tomorrow too. Firing P and keeping GDL would be beyond stupid.

Reaction Score
The raging dumpster fire can't be ignored any longer. Remember when the students laughed at the UConn women's celebration last year on campus when the speaker gave props to Coach P? They knew.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I hope Warde realizes GDL needs to go tomorrow too. Firing P and keeping GDL would be beyond stupid.

In my mind, it's actually much much more likely that GDL is fired and PP stays than if PP goes and GDL stays. Remember that Warde essentially orchestrated GDL's demotion for this year and Weist's hire...

Reaction Score
Carl, Carl, Carl. You're a nice fellow and all, but what we saw today was a continuation of what we saw against Towson. We all hoped for better after that, but nothing I saw today changed my mind from week one. It was over then, now it's just a question of if we go winless.

It was a dumb idea when you had it...

Reaction Score
If one goes, they both go. THat's goign to be Pasqualoni's legacy at UCONN - running the program into the ground because of his loyalty to George Deleone.

Reaction Score
The raging dumpster fire can't be ignored any longer. Remember when the students laughed at the UConn women's celebration last year on campus when the speaker gave props to Coach P? They knew.

Haha! I remember feeling bad for P then. Now I just feel bad for us.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This season is already written off. It was written off when GDL couldn't get an NFL job so he was demoted to OL and Weist was brought in to be OC with an OL scheme that didn't work in 2 years of the PP/GDL era and wasn't going to work in the third year. Fire PP this week, fire him in December, makes zero difference. No interim HC is going to get us more than maybe 3 wins. So I don't care what WM does this week, I care who he brings in for 2014.

Reaction Score
Feel free to dish out the crap guys. I can take it, and it's deserved for sure. But don't let your personal feelings about the things I write, and what you may think of me, because of how I write them, and the attitude protrayed - don't let that dilute the message.

Because it's real, if the administration cares, these two coaches are done, and the plan, whatever it is from here, better be good. The players, with their performances, in the past 2 weeks, have said all there is to say. It's over.

Reaction Score
If one goes, they both go. THat's goign to be Pasqualoni's legacy at UCONN - running the program into the ground because of his loyalty to George Deleone.
It's funny to think they are both from CT with Deleone being a UConn grad and they run the program into the ground together. That's true loyalty to your school and/or state. Thanks PP and GDL. Lots of love.

Reaction Score
Feel free to dish out the crap guys. I can take it, and it's deserved for sure. But don't let your personal feelings about the things I write, and what you may think of me, because of how I write them, and the attitude protrayed - don't let that dilute the message.

Because it's real, if the administration cares, these two coaches are done, and the plan, whatever it is from here, better be good. The players, with their performances, in the past 2 weeks, have said all there is to say. It's over.

I think Junglehusky has the right approach. What he does today, isn't as imperative as who he hires. The kids want to "jog" on the field and get concussed that's on them sadly we just have to hire the right guy.

Reaction Score
I think Junglehusky has the right approach. What he does today, isn't as imperative as who he hires. The kids want to "jog" on the field and get concussed that's on them sadly we just have to hire the right guy.

Of course who he ultimately puts in place as the head coach, is the most important thing. That's why I keep talking about whatever his plan is. He's got to have on that's going to arrive a good hire for the head coach.

But at this point, the current head coach has to go, and in this situation, it's a package deal - it's two coaches. It's the only way to correct what happened in the past 2 weeks on the field IMNSHO.

The players have spoken.

Reaction Score
Don't let your feelings about my antics on a website get in the way.

If Manuel hasn't fired Pasqualoni AND Deleone by tomorrow morning, and demonstrates that he's got a good plan of action on what to do from here - we are in more trouble than any damage that going 0-4 to start the season and 10-18 in since the Fiesta Bowl can ever cause. Because Manuel should have had a plan to move on with different coaches, as of last December, and it should have been getting really solid after losing to Towson by multiple scores, and now - it should be ready to go by morning.

If the administration cares at all, it's over. The players spoke with how they played. Not me.

Frankly, I"m really worried. I don't get worried about things easy, but I'm really concerned about what kind of Athletic Director we've got, adn what our goals really are as an athletic department and university.

I don't know where fans expect new coaches to come from in mid-season to take over. You almost never see that happen. What do they do - keep the same playbook? How do you change terminology and teach a whole new system when you have a game the next week?

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I don't know where fans expect new coaches to come from in mid-season to take over. You almost never see that happen.
Well for the fans it's not about who's going to take over, it's about throwing the captain overboard ASAP. Which will feel good for a few minutes. Then the ship runs into a coral reef. Or maybe it already has.

Reaction Score
I don't see Warde firing Paul P til the end of the season,... It's not the right call not to but I also don't think it helps the team any except maybe make them feel even worse. it's obvious no one on the entire staff can reach them. I think they have to totally clean house.

Reaction Score
Well for the fans it's not about who's going to take over, it's about throwing the captain overboard ASAP. Which will feel good for a few minutes. Then the ship runs into a coral reef. Or maybe it already has.

I think your problem is Manuel as much as it is Pasqualoni. Do you guys really expect this guy to get the next hire right?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think your problem is Manuel as much as it is Pasqualoni. Do you guys really expect this guy to get the next hire right?
I don't, but did you have any confidence in "Dr." Gross after he hired GROB?

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Many here don't, or are too impatient to wait till December. I would like to see who he gets. I think hiring Pasqualoni was clearly an awful decision that was made by our previous AD, one of several on his part.

Reaction Score
First We Need To Know Who In Current AdMinistration Had Anything To Do With His Hiring And Root Them Out Also. If McHugh Was Involved He Should Go Too. Right Now PP And Gdl Have To.Go SO God Damn Fast That They Should.Have Taken A Cab Home From.BuffaloyOu

Reaction Score

My God, what a fool.
Carl, you drive me knuts sometimes, but this is spot on. This will be the second time PP has ruined a team and ran himself out of a good job. That is unbelievably pathetic. Categorically absurd. Whoever suggested GDL is blackmailing PP is clearly onto something.

Reaction Score
First We Need To Know Who In Current AdMinistration Had Anything To Do With His Hiring And Root Them Out Also. If McHugh Was Involved He Should Go Too. Right Now PP And Gdl Have To.Go SO God Damn Fast That They Should.Have Taken A Cab Home From.BuffaloyOu

I Am Trying To Type Each Word Beginning With A Capital Letter For This Whole Post And It Is As Hard As I Expected It Would Be. Why The Hell Do You Do It? It Is Dumber And More Difficult Than Writing In All Capital Letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom