Parking $$$ up again... | The Boneyard

Parking $$$ up again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When will the powers that be at our beloved university learn the cash cow only has so much blood / money? Yes they wisely lowered ticket prices while going up slightly on parking last year. This year the seats remain the same but parking jumps again.
We will pay $110.00 dollars this year. Just under $16.00 a game compared to $65.00 in 2011 just under $11.00 and yes the number of games are factored in.
They just raised the price last year! Who in this economy has wages going up at this rate? I realize they have to pay the freight but we are in a building mode. Could we sacrifice some profit margin for fannies in the seats? We absolutely have to start filling the house to get the state to add the 10,000 seats it was designed for. This to help draw OOC teams to come here, this to add to our strength of schedule with the new conference alignment not doing anything to help in that area.
Do we need five parking attendants at every corner? Do we need enough state police to conquer a third world nation? I know this sounds petty but it is not like our season ticket sales have been going up.
The only way to build a program is to get people in the house. This is done by keeping the cost reasonable and then winning games. Is it wise to kick a consumer when he is down?
OK rant over for now.........

cc: Warde Manuel
cc: Susan Herbst

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Parking is a scam everywhere, but the number of people they are paying in the lots is embarrassing silly.

Reaction Score
We can retaliate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360296046.230849.jpg

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Beer? Parking?,beers? parking? Decisions

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
theres a ton of things that need to change but one of them is the parking setup. i'm not even sure what the exact answer is, but they need to reconfigure things. what they need to do is slowly over the years up ticket prices and once u make it to a certain level parking lot, parking is free. im not sure what level or seat or years been season tix holder is the answer as i dont have the info/stats in front of me and never will but there needs to be a goal for fans to reach, name it some club or something. a high status of fanhood where the parking pass becomes free with the season tix for years of being the loyal season tix holder who pays x amount blha blah. like i said i'm not sure the #'s or where to draw lines, but they need to get creative with this stuff and redo a lot of things. maybe have rules to it like must always renew season tickets within x amount of days and others so that they become your goto lock $ wise every year and in return u give them a nice parking spot and free thanking them type deal....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
theres a ton of things that need to change but one of them is the parking setup. i'm not even sure what the exact answer is, but they need to reconfigure things. what they need to do is slowly over the years up ticket prices and once u make it to a certain level parking lot, parking is free. im not sure what level or seat or years been season tix holder is the answer as i dont have the info/stats in front of me and never will but there needs to be a goal for fans to reach, name it some club or something. a high status of fanhood where the parking pass becomes free with the season tix for years of being the loyal season tix holder who pays x amount blha blah. like i said i'm not sure the #'s or where to draw lines, but they need to get creative with this stuff and redo a lot of things. maybe have rules to it like must always renew season tickets within x amount of days and others so that they become your goto lock $ wise every year and in return u give them a nice parking spot and free thanking them type deal....

Since those fans already come regardless of the price of parking it seems that you need to price parking lower for the people who don't give a damn about the team now who you hope to turn into fans.

They know the 10k or so die hards who are there for the game will note 16 vs 11 - groan at the stupidity, pay it and forget.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As for slowly marking up the tickets over the years - get in a conference and then you can dream of it. In 2014 they need to start at about half of where they are now.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Did the invoice come in the mail today? Price up for Blue parking?
- this is year 2 of the 3 yr Agt. I don't know that they would lower prices for '14 as that is the last Agt. Yr. if there is no news and sh@tty schedule, they best consider it though. A lot will bail in '15.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Could not agree more with Wolf. Pricing and squeezing out long term fans in favor of the suits are a big part of what killed BB turnout (although I'm sure HD tv played a role as well.) Tough economy + higher cost + mediocre product = lower turnout = lower profits. I'm guessing that our consultants have looked at next season and plan on reducing prices via promotions in order to fill the seats and they re using the parking increase to help offset the cost.

The answer is obvious. We need a subway stop at the Rent. Of course, a subway would be nice too.

Alum86

Reaction Score
The magic busway does not cross the CT River to EH

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did the invoice come in the mail today? Price up for Blue parking?
- this is year 2 of the 3 yr Agt. I don't know that they would lower prices for '14 as that is the last Agt. Yr. if there is no news and sh@tty schedule, they best consider it though. A lot will bail in '15.

If they have any sense they will adjust year three of the agreement because if they don't have a new home by 15 the backlash will be unbelievable.

I am sure they will wait until they have 25,000 for a game and then drop the prices mid season further infuriating season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
Yup the admin. screws the BB ST holders every year by offering the Husky Value tickes for $15 for MBB a DAY AFTER the season ticket money is due.
Now they charge $12 to park at Gampel(up from $8 last year).

I've had basketball seasons for 35 years and football for 14. Really starting to rethink that. May just come a time when I cherry pick the games I want and watch the rest on HDTV.

Reaction Score
They did the same thing last year with season parking. Day of game parking was still $15 as it has been but the price for season parking was slightly above $15/game. I'm assuming they'll probably keep game day parking at $15 again and at 7 games that'll be $105 for the season vs $110 for season ticket holders. In the big scheme of things i guess you're getting 'superior parking' for $5 bucks extra per season.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Since those fans already come regardless of the price of parking it seems that you need to price parking lower for the people who don't give a damn about the team now who you hope to turn into fans.

They know the 10k or so die hards who are there for the game will note 16 vs 11 - groan at the stupidity, pay it and forget.

actually thats the freshmen class ticket sales plan. your diehards that will always pay for parking are going to have a high % of them that have better then bottom barrell tickets seat wise. and u can over time upsell them on better seats and other things. the lower ppl dont factor in parking for the most part. they aren't season tix ppl so they go for 1 or 2 games a year(mich) and then watch tv. so they are willing to buy 2 mich tix from a buddy for 50 bucks, get 50 in food and drink and pay 15 for parking for 1 game. those are the people u target. u put michigan then tennessee types on the schedule and explain to them they can do a lot better bang wise for the $ with season tix and once they hit certain levels the parking pass is free, free tshirt this time, drink voucher etc etc...

Reaction Score
The answer is obvious. We need a subway stop at the Rent. Of course, a subway would be nice too.
This.
I'd love to be able to take light rail/monorail to games. System from Farmington (med school/hospital) to Storrs, stops at UConn Hartford, XL center, and the Rent. Add a north-south line to connect in Hartford (or East Hartford). Maybe before I die, although I expected flying cars at this point already.

Reaction Score
When will the powers that be at our beloved university learn the cash cow only has so much blood / money? Yes they wisely lowered ticket prices while going up slightly on parking last year. This year the seats remain the same but parking jumps again.
We will pay $110.00 dollars this year. Just under $16.00 a game compared to $65.00 in 2011 just under $11.00 and yes the number of games are factored in.
They just raised the price last year! Who in this economy has wages going up at this rate? I realize they have to pay the freight but we are in a building mode. Could we sacrifice some profit margin for fannies in the seats? We absolutely have to start filling the house to get the state to add the 10,000 seats it was designed for. This to help draw OOC teams to come here, this to add to our strength of schedule with the new conference alignment not doing anything to help in that area.
Do we need five parking attendants at every corner? Do we need enough state police to conquer a third world nation? I know this sounds petty but it is not like our season ticket sales have been going up.
The only way to build a program is to get people in the house. This is done by keeping the cost reasonable and then winning games. Is it wise to kick a consumer when he is down?
OK rant over for now.........

cc: Warde Manuel
cc: Susan Herbst
You do realize that UConn doesn't control the price of parking at the Rent and that they don't get any of the parking revenue.

Reaction Score
You do realize that UConn doesn't control the price of parking at the Rent and that they don't get any of the parking revenue.
Do you think the state lets LAZ make money tax free? UConn does eventually get something from the parking fees.

Reaction Score
Do you think the state lets LAZ make money tax free? UConn does eventually get something from the parking fees.

Point - But by the time the tax revenue cycles through general fund and back out to the University it's probably a quarter a car. But hey - they gotta cover that proposed $2b investment somehow... :)

FWIW - Rutgers gets $20-30 a game for parking depending on which lot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Point - But by the time the tax revenue cycles through general fund and back out to the University it's probably a quarter a car. But hey - they gotta cover that proposed $2b investment somehow... :)

By the time they get the credit for the derelicts they hire the State probably pays them a quarter a car.

I first became aware of the counterfeit blue passes 4 years ago. It's a tight ship they run.

Reaction Score

My parking bill for Cuse games arrived: $175 for 6 games plus a donation of at least $125 to get the right to park there. My lot is pretty close to the Dome but not the highest level.

OP needs to bitch about something else...What is the Aero Club? $10-15 with heated, indoor toilets and grassy fields. Personally I'd go there to tailgate...best setup in the league the last 7-8 years running.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Have to agree with Whaler. Parking is a joke. Blue especially. You can pretty much park with a blue crayon colored phony parking pass. They whisk you in an and jack your cars ever so close. Then you get out of your car like a jail break to set up your tailgate. Nobody gives a f@ck, nobody checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom