Parker to miss part of WNBA season | The Boneyard

Parker to miss part of WNBA season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Makes sense. Folks in the US are unwilling to pay to watch'em, so the bottom line for the W will stay low. As long as Europe business and Russian oligarchs are willing to have wbball follies, this will happen.

It's too bad for the Sparks - they looked like there were setting themselves up for a nice run.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Don't blame her one bit either. Unfortunately I think this is the start of a trend. It would not surprise me to see more and more stars do this in the WNBA which would, IMHO, make the league much less marketable.

Maybe ESPN can work out a deal with the Russian leagues to send over a pair of announcers to do the color commentary during the season and use their camera feeds for TV in the US. There might come a time where we see very few former college stars in the WNBA since they are all making way more $$ overseas. I wonder if there will ever be an overseas league that actually competes with the WNBA (meaning they play at the same time of year) which would pay the players a lot more than they are currently making here...

Reaction Score
Don't blame her one bit either. Unfortunately I think this is the start of a trend. It would not surprise me to see more and more stars do this in the WNBA which would, IMHO, make the league much less marketable.

Maybe ESPN can work out a deal with the Russian leagues to send over a pair of announcers to do the color commentary during the season and use their camera feeds for TV in the US. There might come a time where we see very few former college stars in the WNBA since they are all making way more $$ overseas. I wonder if there will ever be an overseas league that actually competes with the WNBA (meaning they play at the same time of year) which would pay the players a lot more than they are currently making here...
Maybe Spike Lee should start up a European League expansion team in New York, Magic Johnson start up another one in LA, and Oprah buy the Chicago Franchise (Mark Cuban in San Fran, Madonna in Miami?). Attract the best USA players and pay them, instead of them going overseas to play during the regular basketball season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Playing year around does take a toll. I am not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom