Parade All Americans??? | The Boneyard

Parade All Americans???

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Courant article headline is about Kiah Gillespie from Hartford. She is going to Maryland to play. Was she recruited by Geno?
Not really, at least to my recollection. I don't recall why - it's not like Bria Holmes who came to campus several times and was very visible to us fans as a kid who wanted to come to UCONN.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
De'Janae Boykin may have been robbed by being left off of this team. I realize she was hurt and missed a bunch of games but so was Jessica Shepard. Shepard got hurt on December 10th done for the season. Boykin got hurt over Christmas break tournament and made it back to play in both the major all-star games.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...parade-all-americans-0530-20150529-story.html

The Courant article headline is about Kiah Gillespie from Hartford. She is going to Maryland to play. Was she recruited by Geno?
You have asked the $64 dollar question! :D I read somewhere that they looked at her a couple of times. This has to be one of the Geno intangibles that gets left a mystery. Something must have not been a fit because her numbers were staggering and this staff has taken local players with less talent in the past.
I wish her luck and I am glad she took the Turtles over The Red R, The Poppycock's and Good Ole Rocky Bottom. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
UConn backed off... maybe because parents were too involved or she had too many personal demands :rolleyes:

(sarcasm) ;)

Reaction Score
Geno is not always right, but I would nevertheless, trust to his experience & judgment.

Reaction Score
I don't know why Geno didn't recruit Kiah, but in hindsight I think it will work out well for both parties. Working out playing time at the wing next year will already be a challenge; with Kiah on the team as well it would have been a heck of a lot harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom