Paige is a Finalist | The Boneyard

Paige is a Finalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The other finalists are Quinerly (WV), Watson (FSU), Osborne (UCLA) & Watkins (USC).

I’m biased towards Paige. But I think both Osborne & Watkins could also win it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
964D38FD-895E-442E-9D61-A333536F860C.jpeg

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen much of JuJu, but I can’t imagine her all around game is as good as Paige’s. That being said, I’d expect JuJu to win it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So the all-time scoring leader is not a shooting guard. Hmmmm :rolleyes:
She's won the NLC Award the last two years. So I imagine that' what she's up for again.

Reaction Score
Paige has the most beautiful game among all of them, when she is on, she's a delight to watch, poetry in motion. Her short range jumpers remind me of another uconn great, Ray Allen.

If she didn’t pass the ball around instead of taking more shots, she'd easily average 30+ ppg, and be in conversation for poy.

Reaction Score
Paige should certainly be on the list. I would guess that Watkins is her main competition for the award.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't she be on the list for the Katrina Mclain award for Poser Forwards?

Reaction Score
Paige has the most beautiful game among all of them, when she is on, she's a delight to watch, poetry in motion. Her short range jumpers remind me of another uconn great, Ray Allen.

If she didn’t pass the ball around instead of taking more shots, she'd easily average 30+ ppg, and be in conversation for poy.
Intertesting comparison to Allen. I would like to see a shooting chart for her within 15 feet. I bet it is a 70% clip. You aren't going to change her personality. She is a giver, you can see it with the way she is with kids, and makes everyone around her better. Her skills are so multi-faceted, passing, defense, rebounding, and scoring but it is the smarts that separates her. I don't think she is appreciated enough because it is so second nature.

Reaction Score
Paige is great and I would put her up there with CC as the class of WCBB but this award most likely will go to JuJu because of her offensive numbers. On a WNBA roster I would take Paige over all comers because she is the consummate team player. CC is incredible on offense both as a scorer and passer but I don't think her effort on defense is close to where you see Paige. JuJu has had a good freshmen year but right now she isn't in the same class as either of the other two. Maybe in a couple years it will be a different conversation all together.

Reaction Score
I love Paige, but I'd be surprised if Juju doesn't win. She's had an amazing year.
She did, but not good enough to be POY in her own conference.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Osborne is good, but I don't see her winning.

It's largely a choice of the most versatile and efficient player vs. a volume shooter. I like efficiency.

Reaction Score
She did, but not good enough to be POY in her own conference.
Fortunately for JuJu, win or lose this award, she won't need to compete with Cameron Brink on this one.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I understand that, but c'mon lets get real, she's known more for her scoring and shooting prowess
She's also their primary ball handler, which to me is what defines a point guard, regardless of scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom