Paige Bueckers expected to miss rest of regular season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers expected to miss rest of regular season

Reaction Score
Looks a lot better then I thought she would. If anything, seeing her out the will be a huge emotional lift for the rest of the team.

Reaction Score
PB will know when she's ready but I'm marking March 5th or March 6th on my calendar........I don't think she'll truly be 100% physically and mentally until next season but PB at 80% is still better than just about anybody else out there.........

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score

No. 5 is alive... and looking pretty darn good!!
This is really bad news for future opponents!

The music?
Yeah, got ya covered. This will be my game day anthem, henceforth!!

Go Huskies!!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm sorry to be a killjoy
She looks altogether not bad
But that is not her normal gait.

Reaction Score
I think Paige should play in the Big East tournament. She needs playing time not just practice time to be her best. Now if she isnt ready then absolutely not but a few minutes in each half to see how she feels then add more per game I think is the way to go. Her biggest problem is trusting the knee so she needs court time to really prove to herself its ready.

Reaction Score
It was just two weeks ago they said she had trouble tracking down a loose ball, and now she's jogging without any kind of brace and starting to participate in some drills. The NCAA tournament is 4 weeks away which gives her almost another full month of additional rehab and practice time. 5 weeks if you don't need her until S16/E8 weekend which is 50% more time than she's already missed.

Reaction Score
I actually think it would be really good to get her in either the first or second game of the tournament. Let her warm up, before the huskies face stronger opponents.

I don't know that BE tournament is the best idea though, three days in a row..unless they went to give her a few spot minutes.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
All I know is I am at the game and she’s been warming up just like everyone else, passing, cutting and shooting so something seems very odd as to why she’s out here in uniform doing all this if she’s not going to play at all. Plus, by doing this, she’s gong to be hounding Geno to put her in!

Again, just my observations from 6:10 pm until 6:48 pm at XL…

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
All I know is I am at the game and she’s been warming up just like everyone else, passing, cutting and shooting so something seems very odd as to why she’s out here in uniform doing all this if she’s not going to play at all. Plus, by doing this, she’s gong to be hounding Geno to put her in!

Again, just my observations from 6:10 pm until 6:48 pm at XL…

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Shes not playing because we dont need her now so why take a chance on her getting hurt again. We dont need her now we need her later. Maybe in the BE tourney. Definintely in the NCAAs. I expect Paige Azzi Caroline Liv to be part of an 8-10 team rotation to keep everybody healthy and everybody fresh and up to speed. We now have a great bench. DEFENSE BB I wish I was at the game

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I can here the crowd later screaming that they want Paige. Maybe she does get to play in the regular season, just not tonight.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Bob Joyce said a moment ago on his radio pregame show that Paige has a Doctor's appointment tomorrow, then we'll see after that. If the Doctor signs off on her, it may be up to her when she plays. This IS NOT my interpretation. I'm quoting Bob Joyce. So don't shoot the messenger. We can assume that if she is still seeing a Doctor, she hasn't been cleared to play.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She’s still in the Uniform minutes before the game so I will still hold out hope however slight…:rolleyes:

Pssst-Geno can I go in? Psst Geno can I go in please? Pssst Geno? Geno? GENO???

Reaction Score
Bob Joyce said a moment ago on his radio pregame show that Paige has a Doctor's appointment tomorrow, then we'll see after that. If the Doctor signs off on her, it may be up to her when she plays. This IS NOT my interpretation. I'm quoting Bob Joyce. So don't shoot the messenger. We can assume that if she is still seeing a Doctor, she hasn't been cleared to play.

I hope the doctor restricts her for a bit. We know as soon as she is cleared, she'll play. Hopefully she'll have some hard rules that she can't badger Geno about.

Reaction Score
Geno was not definitive in his post game comments one way or the other. But just so we don’t overreact here on the BY, we are only talking about one more week remaining in the regular season.
Being out the rest of the regular season is basically a no call. She won't be needed, possibly even in the BET. The longer the rest the more practice before must win games, one would think, is best.

Reaction Score

Geno confirmed it. And it WILL be her decision alone if she's cleared, which Geno said is expected to happen.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hope the doctor restricts her for a bit. We know as soon as she is cleared, she'll play. Hopefully she'll have some hard rules that she can't badger Geno about.
As I said in another thread, put her on a pitch count (limited minutes) at first and ease her back in the lineup. We’re going to need her later than sooner.

You’d like to get her some minutes Sunday if at all possible. Perhaps no more than 12. I’m assuming she’ll play in the conference tournament. How many minutes remain to be seen. Geno won’t need her until the 2nd or 3rd game of the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Minutes of playing time for Paige is like eating peanuts. Just try to stop after 2 or 3...

Reaction Score
You know the first question at practice today is gonna be about Paige's doctor's appointment. If she's cleared to play by her doctors, I wouldn't be surprised to see her get some minutes tomorrow night despite Geno saying she wouldn't play this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom