Paige and Lebron | The Boneyard

Paige and Lebron

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Over the past 25 years in the NBA, WNBA, D1 MBB & D1 WBB, only two players have put up the following numbers over a 7 game span:

• 25+ ppg
  • 8+ rebounds per game
  • 4+ assists per game
  • 2+ steals per game
  • 2+ blocks per game
  • 7-0 record

Yes, only Paige and LeBron have put up those numbers in the past 25 years of college and professional basketball in this country. That’s pretty amazing stuff!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s also worth considering all the great players who have never achieved the 25,8,4,2,2 & 7-0 line. MJ, Bird, Magic, DT, etc., etc. have never done what Paige & LeBron have done.

Amazing!

Reaction Score
She reminds me of Larry Bird. Not particularly athletic. But just has a magic touch. The assists get put in, the ball goes in, and we're left trying to figure out how he/she did it!!!!
I agree with you except for one thing. Paige is much more athletic than given credit for. While she still has a step or two to regain her quickness after injuries, she has some hops, elevation on her jump shot, and pretty good body control (maybe not as much as JuJu Watkins) in close to the basket. She can contort her body to get her shot off - seldom is her shot blocked.

Bird was not a great one-on-one defender, but he played great positional court defense. Paige has a little more jump in her reads (at least one or two steal a game, leading to an easy basket at the other end).

They both share amazing court awareness and the ability to see plays develop a second or two ahead of others.

Reaction Score
Over the past 25 years in the NBA, WNBA, D1 MBB & D1 WBB, only two players have put up the following numbers over a 7 game span:

• 25+ ppg
  • 8+ rebounds per game
  • 4+ assists per game
  • 2+ steals per game
  • 2+ blocks per game
  • 7-0 record

Yes, only Paige and LeBron have put up those numbers in the past 25 years of college and professional basketball in this country. That’s pretty amazing stuff!
This may be controversial, heck, even blasphemous, but IMO PB is a better player than Stewie. Before anyone gets outraged, hear me out! PB is more skilled than Stewie in ball handling, shooting, passing, and overall defense (sans blocks and rebounds), she's just not 6'4" with a 7'1" wingspan! Now, my all-time favorite player and MOST skilled player is MM, but second is Paige. If Paige was JuJu Watkins height or Stewie's, she would almost be able to beat SC herself. IMO, what held back MM from winning a 3rd Natty in her senior year, was that she was only 6'0 rather than 6'3". We know all the accolades Stewie received, and she deserved everything she won, this is strictly about basketball skills, not individual or team success.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This may be controversial, heck, even blasphemous, but IMO PB is a better player than Stewie. Before anyone gets outraged, hear me out! PB is more skilled than Stewie in ball handling, shooting, passing, and overall defense (sans blocks and rebounds), she's just not 6'4" with a 7'1" wingspan! Now, my all-time favorite player and MOST skilled player is MM, but second is Paige. If Paige was JuJu Watkins height or Stewie's, she would almost be able to beat SC herself. IMO, what held back MM from winning a 3rd Natty in her senior year, was that she was only 6'0 rather than 6'3". We know all the accolades Stewie received, and she deserved everything she won, this is strictly about basketball skills, not individual or team success.
You’re comparing apples to oranges. There are many guards who are more skilled basketball players than Stewie. What makes Stewie great, is that she’s a 6’4” player with “guard skills.”

Reaction Score
You’re comparing apples to oranges. There are many guards who are more skilled basketball players than Stewie. What makes Stewie great, is that she’s a 6’4” player with “guard skills.”
I am only comparing UConn greats, hence the comparison to MM! We can agree to disagree. I am okay with a difference of opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom