PAC dysfunction | Page 4 | The Boneyard

PAC dysfunction

Reaction Score
Kliavkoff was an absolute disaster.
But he may have been an improvement over Larry Scott.

This didn’t happen overnight. This organization has been choking itself to death for a decade.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But he may have been an improvement over Larry Scott.

This didn’t happen overnight. This organization has been choking itself to death for a decade. but a good leader would have convince them that the 30 million dollar offer from ESPN was a good offer and warned them of what could happen
100 percent, but a good leader would have convinced them that the 30 million dollar a year offer from ESPN was a good offer if they wanted to stay together and that most likely they would get picked apart if they didn't take it. Instead he went out to get more and came back with a lower, although still decent, deal from apple.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I only saw one reference to an argument by the departing schools that the withdrawal notice provisions are unclear. Is this the basis for the departing schools' justification of their actions? They didn't pull out another agreement or Board Resolutions to justify their insane plan to continue to serve as Directors of an organization they are leaving?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Well, this restraining order is at least one (temporary) middle finger from OSU & WSU to the backstabbers.

Reaction Score
I don't feel bad for any other team other than UConn in CR. I did at one point, cincy, Memphis, temple and cincy landed on their feet they're fine. Stopped feeling bad for Memphis or temple after that.

Does it suck what happened to wsu and osu? Sure, but I don't feel bad for them. I'm sure they'll find a way to land on their feet. Just gotta focus on UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't feel bad for any other team other than UConn in CR. I did at one point, cincy, Memphis, temple and cincy landed on their feet they're fine. Stopped feeling bad for Memphis or temple after that.

Does it suck what happened to wsu and osu? Sure, but I don't feel bad for them. I'm sure they'll find a way to land on their feet. Just gotta focus on UConn.
It looks like they're going to have a pretty decent stack of cash to be able to supplement their operations at least in the near term.

Reaction Score
I think Washington State and Oregon State should have the rights to the PAC-12 assets, but I don't think the name PAC-12 should live on. Because it's not the PAC-12, even if they call it that. But those two schools definitely deserve whatever the final assets are to the conference.

Reaction Score
I think Washington State and Oregon State should have the rights to the PAC-12 assets, but I don't think the name PAC-12 should live on. Because it's not the PAC-12, even if they call it that. But those two schools definitely deserve whatever the final assets are to the conference.
By that logic no conference should retain their name. Rutgers, Maryland, Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA, Nebraska, don't exactly make people think Big10.

Reaction Score

They have the Mountain West Conference but they feel they are worth more than to stoop to the level of the MWC.

Reaction Score
By that logic no conference should retain their name. Rutgers, Maryland, Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA, Nebraska, don't exactly make people think Big10.

But every school that ever was a member is still there (minus U. of Chicago), so it's logical to call it the B1G. Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc. are all the legacy schools you think of when you think B1G. Oregon State and Washington State would be the only legacy schools left in the PAC, and they certainly aren't the first names you think of when you think of the PAC.

Reaction Score
PAC name (might) live on, but apparently none of the employees of the conference plan to stick around........

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t give up the PAC name even if you had to pay off departing members. It will pay dividends in the future . If you have the name you have claim to the history and it’s has triple the brand value of the MW .
OSU/WSU have a right to as original and only continued members
You would have thought UConn‘s fans would understand that as the AAC struggled to maintain its real history when an entirely new Conference assumed it .

Reaction Score
I think they want the tourney credits and the PAC network infrastructure.
Isn’t there also a huge payment owed as well? I recall an article that SMU was being considered for PAC only because they could pay that bill. I believe it was comcast. Significant $’s too. Maybe $50-60M

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom