Reaction Score
Brink is playing for Stanford tonight.

edit--and making up for lost time

double double midway thru Q2, not bad

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA shook up their starting lineup, w/ Jacquez and Sontag. No Betts at all according to the box score. Was there anything about an injury that slipped under the radar?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No Vanslooten for Oregon tonight. What is going on? No Noble for Washington. 3 different teams with a starter out and I didn't hear a peep about anything all week.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
USC had a big lead early and held off Washington St. by 8. 29 for Watkins.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pili has gone cold all of a sudden. 7-18 tonight, did lead them w/ 16 points. Ducks were up 8 at halftime but huge swing in Q3 (22-7), Utah wins by 10.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Let's hear it for consistency. Washington scored 21 points in the first half and 23 in the second half. Their offense is BUSTED. UCLA pulled away down the stretch 62-44.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OMG that was a rock fight. Both teams barely over 30% shooting (and both around 20% from 3). But UCLA up to their old tricks, 18 O boards, 14 more shot attempts. Also some nasty free throw defense, holding the Dawgs to 3-8 from the charity stripe. I had some reason for optimism the way last year ended, but Year 3 of Langley is looking very Jody Wynn-esque. Can I please have a decent team? It's been seven years. I've suffered enough.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
OMG that was a rock fight. Both teams barely over 30% shooting (and both around 20% from 3). But UCLA up to their old tricks, 18 O boards, 14 more shot attempts. Also some nasty free throw defense, holding the Dawgs to 3-8 from the charity stripe. I had some reason for optimism the way last year ended, but Year 3 of Langley is looking very Jody Wynn-esque. Can I please have a decent team? It's been seven years. I've suffered enough.
Has it been that long since Kelsey left the Huskies?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Has it been that long since Kelsey left the Huskies?
This is year 7, but it's feeling like another lost season at this point. 4 under Wynn, third season for Langley, and maybe next year will be her last if this persists and we can try it all over again.

Reaction Score
No Vanslooten for Oregon tonight. What is going on? No Noble for Washington. 3 different teams with a starter out and I didn't hear a peep about anything all week.
I was shocked Oregon played Utah as close as it did

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Um, 4. No Gilbert for Arizona. She was dressed on the bench "in case" but had a wrap around her mid-section. One of the fans in our row was told she has a back injury.

You want to see a tired 7 players, yikes. Only Pueyo played the whole game, minus a ceremonial removal at the end.

Reaction Score
This is year 7, but it's feeling like another lost season at this point. 4 under Wynn, third season for Langley, and maybe next year will be her last if this persists and we can try it all over again.

And Oregon following suit.
Those multi starred athletes are just miserably coached and not getting the most out of themselves. Graves has to bank those international players he brought in are heavy game changers. I except another exodus of players after this year. Probably GVC, Chance Gray, maybe Bell will transfer to OSU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And Oregon following suit.
Those multi starred athletes are just miserably coached and not getting the most out of themselves. Graves has to bank those international players he brought in are heavy game changers. I except another exodus of players after this year. Probably GVC, Chance Gray, maybe Bell will transfer to OSU.
I'll trade you one of Washington's guards for one of Oregon's posts. Anybody with size, don't care who. Daniels is literally all by herself, and it isn't working.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
UCLA shook up their starting lineup, w/ Jacquez and Sontag. No Betts at all according to the box score. Was there anything about an injury that slipped under the radar?
Per ESPN recap - "Lauren Betts, UCLA’s leading scorer at 15.4 points per game and one of the top players in the country, did not play due to undisclosed medical reasons. Washington’s Jayda Noble, a starter, did not make the trip to Los Angeles for undisclosed reasons."

Reaction Score
I think it will be hard keeping Rueck at OSU according to some Washington Huskies who would like him. Could they pay him in Seattle is the big question. Need to make it a priority at all costs in keeping him.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Things starting to spread out a bit in conf standings after yesterday's games, and could do it again after tomorrow's games:
1706369708569.png

Reaction Score
I'll trade you one of Washington's guards for one of Oregon's posts. Anybody with size, don't care who. Daniels is literally all by herself, and it isn't working.
I will trade you one Kelly Graves for one of your Washington student managers. Probably get more coaching effort out of the student manager.;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I enjoy the PAC12 as much or more than most and make it a point to watch as many of these games as possible but the lack of an offensive scheme by so many of these schools has me banging my head. Washington-UCLA was 23-21 AT THE HALF! Cal-Arizona score 6 and 8 points each in the 4th quarte. The absolute “Homer cheering announcers” keep touting the defense yet all I see is dribble, dribble, dribble and poor shooting. In the Stanford game I watch Stanford miss a shot, Iriafen got the rebound and then proceeded to miss 4 SHOTS under the hoop before making one. And yes, @nwhoopfan ASU really is terrible. Adair needs to start recruiting at a P5 level soon otherwise she will be the cellar dwellar in the Big12 next year as well.

I have to keep reminding myself that College Coaching is all about 1. Recruiting 2. Recruiting 3. Coaching players to improve 4. Running a program 5. Actual X‘s and O’s for game management and the PAC12 has quite a few good at recruiting but not so good at #3 and #5….

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think it will be hard keeping Rueck at OSU according to some Washington Huskies who would like him. Could they pay him in Seattle is the big question. Need to make it a priority at all costs in keeping him.
Are you stirring the pot or being serious? I'd say before their revival this year he'd lost just about any cache he'd had from jump starting that program and getting them to the Final 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom