P out Weist in...should be interesting | The Boneyard

P out Weist in...should be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Feel bad for Coach Pasqualoni but it just wasn't meant to be....Ces't la vie. Can Weist inspire them to play better? I hope he can but a few things are certain:

• Hemingway isn't going to instantly add 30 lbs and a half step in speed, Friend's ankle isn't going to miraculously heel over night. The second string linemen are still going to be second string and opposing defenses aren't going to stop exploiting that right side just because Foley is the new line coach, no one is going to snap their fingers and come up with an extra blocking TE/FB.
  • Whitmer isn't going to grow 2 inches in height and learn how to scramble by the time conference play starts
  • McCombs isn't going to turn onto Donald Brown and start running over people anytime soon or be able to block anybody but his girlfriend. Delorenzo isn't going to beat many to the edge and turn it up field for a big gain.
  • The defense isn't going to turn into the Cowboy's famous "Doomsday Defense" and just shut teams down. As sluggish as the offense was against Buffalo it was the D that got scorched.
Now...what is good:
  • The fan base got what they wanted, a change at the helm and hopefully they won't lose faith and continue to support the team even if things don't dramatically change overnight. The team still has to win to increase it's fan base and sell out the Rent consistently.
  • Maybe the players see this as a breath of fresh air, a new start and start playing inspired football EVERY GAME like they did against Michigan.
  • Phillips should be back in time for conference play so one more weapon for the opposition to have to worry about.
  • With Weist on the sidelines instead of up in the booth maybe the offense can actually start "hurrying up" in between plays.
  • Manuel and Herbst seem to be on the same page about getting the right guy in place to bring the football program (and the other sports as well) to the next level.

Reaction Score
oh well, tough. I call em the way I see em.

And your sick of all the cheap shots as opposed to some guys taking cheap shots at the rest of the program. Difference is I'm not real nasty about it like some are.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Im getting sick of having to look at a 1" photo of the two girls in your avatar.

uconn-girls_display_image.jpg

Reaction Score
You're supposed to be gone too.

Feel bad for Coach Pasqualoni but it just wasn't meant to be....Ces't la vie. Can Weist inspire them to play better? I hope he can but a few things are certain:

• [ ] Hemingway isn't going to instantly add 30 lbs and a half step in speed, Friend's ankle isn't going to miraculously heel over night. The second string linemen are still going to be second string and opposing defenses aren't going to stop exploiting that right side just because Foley is the new line coach, no one is going to snap their fingers and come up with an extra blocking TE/FB.
    [ ] Whitmer isn't going to grow 2 inches in height and learn how to scramble by the time conference play starts
    [ ] McCombs isn't going to turn onto Donald Brown and start running over people anytime soon or be able to block anybody but his girlfriend. Delorenzo isn't going to beat many to the edge and turn it up field for a big gain.
    [ ] The defense isn't going to turn into the Cowboy's famous "Doomsday Defense" and just shut teams down. As sluggish as the offense was against Buffalo it was the D that got scorched.
Now...what is good:

• [ ] The fan base got what they wanted, a change at the helm and hopefully they won't lose faith and continue to support the team even if things don't dramatically change overnight. The team still has to win to increase it's fan base and sell out the Rent consistently.
    [ ] Maybe the players see this as a breath of fresh air, a new start and start playing inspired football EVERY GAME like they did against Michigan.
    [ ] Phillips should be back in time for conference play so one more weapon for the opposition to have to worry about.
    [ ] With Weist on the sidelines instead of up in the booth maybe the offense can actually start "hurrying up" in between plays.
    [ ] Manuel and Herbst seem to be on the same page about getting the right guy in place to bring the football program (and the other sports as well) to the next level.

Reaction Score
You're supposed to be gone too.
That will never happen. I've been a UConn fan since the early 70's and if I have something to say I'm gonna say it. The only difference is I can voice my opinion without being nasty about it. Maybe some of you ought to try it. It makes for a much more civil discussion, but I guess somewhere along the lines they stopped teaching civility in the schools. What a shame.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Here is some civil discussion - where a helmet while you are on top of that High Horse of yours - dont want you to fall off (or get pushed) and get a head injury.

Reaction Score
That will never happen. I've been a UConn fan since the early 70's and if I have something to say I'm gonna say it. The only difference is I can voice my opinion without being nasty about it. Maybe some of you ought to try it. It makes for a much more civil discussion, but I guess somewhere along the lines they stopped teaching civility in the schools. What a shame.

No. You're post is basically sour grapes. Nobody expects Hemingway to gain 40 lbs. But relieving P gives the team as much of fresh start as possible and I expect the team will play differently going forward.

Reaction Score

If you want a civil discussion you may want to start being civil to the targets of your angst.

Reaction Score
Notwithstanding the obvious in some of weyuo's comments, nor with a desire to get into the p!$$ing contest going on between some of you, and with a true belief in freedom of speech (even if the NSA is recording your every word)...some of the game-day things I'd really like to see as TJ takes over as HC (in no particular order) :
1. A 'fire breather' on the sidelines who's animated in such a way that the players, his fellow coaches, and fans know he takes this game seriously and will defend and support his team without reservation.
2. A person ready to deal directly and immediately with a player(s) who messes up while at the same being able to use that moment as a means to inspire, motivate, and maximize that player(s) level of confidence to play at the level he knows they are capable of.
3. A person who's confident in his abilities and belief that he expects to win no matter what.
4. A person who knows how to manage the clock.
5. A person not afraid to take a calculated risk (chance)...such as going for it on 4th and short, even when conventional wisdom dictates otherwise. Even if things don't work out as expected, I honestly believe this is a great boost to a team's perception in the HC's belief that they have the ability to get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom