P just saved his job | Page 2 | The Boneyard

P just saved his job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
P's performance today reminded me of that scene in Dumb and Dumber, when the dude says "just when I thought you couldn't possibly do anything stupider, you go and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF" and high fives him.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
In this day and age you measure an OC by how the QB has developed. Whitmer hasn't improved one whit (pun intended) this year. He makes some abysmal reads and hasn't improved much mechanically either. In short GDL has to leave. I don't think P will be fired but I do believe the program is crying for a younger, more dynamic presence walking the sidelines.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Come on guys Louisville is the best team in the conference and the "TEAM" beat them. Can't you just accept that UConn won a game and be happy about it?
When the pick 6 in the first half was overturned, I was almost glad. I wanted the O to show something to make me think we could win the game on OFFENSE. Then we scored, and I though we were on our way. End of the game and its still 10-3. Terrible. No adjustments? No talent? No coaching? Not sure, but it sure took alot of joy out of the game. Proud of our D for sure though.

So I guess the short answer to your question is:

No.

Reaction Score
i'm happy for the guys for pulling one out, but if that means PP saved his job than this was the worst win in UConn history.

nobody outside of us diehards care about UConn football anymore and that is directly associated with the type of product PP has put on the field.

that means far more than wins and losses. we need a growing fan base, not a shrinking one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, he's having some success in-state. He's landed the #4, #6, #8, and #10 players in the state (Jasudowich, Thomas, Myers, Walsh). He recently got Jasudowich to flip from a BC commitment to a UConn commitment...

Thanks

Reaction Score
i'm happy for the guys for pulling one out, but if that means PP saved his job than this was the worst win in UConn history.

nobody outside of us diehards care about UConn football anymore and that is directly associated with the type of product PP has put on the field.

that means far more than wins and losses. we need a growing fan base, not a shrinking one.

My point was not about what I want to happen, it's about what will happen, and P will be retained.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He wasn't getting fired if they lost.

Reaction Score

Except for this whole ACC business, I agree. But UConn desperately needed this win today over LVille who may be their competition for getting into the ACC and more importantly getting out of the Big Titanic Conference.

He wasn't getting fired if they lost.

He needs to be fired ASAP You're Better than that Whaler. You gotta know he is a cancer slowly killing this program. Fire him now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Except for this whole ACC business, I agree. But UConn desperately needed this win today over LVille who may be their competition for getting into the ACC and more importantly getting out of the Big Titanic Conference.

He needs to be fired ASAP You're Better than that Whaler. You gotta know he is a cancer slowly killing this program. Fire him now.

I don't know if you know this.... I don't make the personnel decisions in Storrs. He isn't getting fired and he wasn't getting fired. I don't know Warde well enough yet to know if he'll make PP fire GDL. My gut tells me he won't.

Reaction Score
Than Warde has to go. PP is an incompetent coach who is dragging this program down. Manuel is in charge of that program and needs to show leadership. Yes, he does need to do the right thing and fire P.

Reaction Score
Than Warde has to go. PP is an incompetent coach who is dragging this program down. Manuel is in charge of that program and needs to show leadership. Yes, he does need to do the right thing and fire P.

Keep # beggingharder here...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, he's having some success in-state. He's landed the #4, #6, #8, and #10 players in the state (Jasudowich, Thomas, Myers, Walsh). He recently got Jasudowich to flip from a BC commitment to a UConn commitment...
What happened with 1, 2, 3 & 5?

I'm not claiming we should land the top six, merely wondering where they ended up (while also believing that two of the top four should be a reasonable goal, especially for someone as praised as P was by the in-state coaches).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
top 10 ct kids imho:

1)olanrewaju-uva(not from ct, from va and a prep school kid)
2)boyle-bc(xavier)
3) cory jazz-uconn(cheshire acd, bc flip, had other offers including psu)
4)isaacs-md(bc flip, man hs)
5)noel-uconn (st lukes, had ruty offer and told bc not to offer after they told him they were going to becuase he was uconn 100%)
6)van allen-harvard(had bcs offers)
7)myers-uconn(temple offer and under radar after deciding fball over bball. would have been more sought after but hes home grown uconn all the way and happy not searching for offers)
8)coggins- ? (was a bc commit but open now, has other issues. good wr prospect)
9)walsh-uconn( home grown happy with uconn not searching for other offers)
10) joyner-? (cheshire acd from nyc, has mac offers)

little(bc), stafford(umass), beckford(open), milone(uconn base) and olmstead(uconn base), basicilia(open) among a few others could also crack a top 10 list depending on opinions...

we have landed 4 of the top 10 and 3 of those 4 had other offers on our level or higher. thats a huge imporvement in ct from the past. i predicted around 10 bcs kids this year from ct way back and we are already at 9, the state is having a good year. next year will be the same if not better. fun times ahead and we are doing a better job for sure with the locals. i'm all about footprint kids and with how were doing in nyc, ma and schools like dean u have to see the improvement and think the future is bright local wise.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watching Pasqualoni and Deleone coach a game is like watching two drunks stumbling down the road, leaning on each other to keep from falling. I can't think of any other coaches I have seen where I say "WTF is he thinking" nearly as much as I do with these two.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What happened with 1, 2, 3 & 5?

I'm not claiming we should land the top six, merely wondering where they ended up (while also believing that two of the top four should be a reasonable goal, especially for someone as praised as P was by the in-state coaches).

Sorry, I just got this message. I know HFD threw up his picks, but I was just pulling mine from the Rivals site. I have to admit that I haven't seen many of them play a down. Here is the list according to Rivals:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/Connecticut/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3113

The only one not committed to a school seems to be Coggins, but I remember there being some controversy with the kid. HFD could probably enlighten us a little more on it, and I think there might even be a thread designated solely to him in the recruiting forum. In either case, landing 40% of the top 10 is a very good showing, in my opinion...

Reaction Score
Sorry, I just got this message. I know HFD threw up his picks, but I was just pulling mine from the Rivals site. I have to admit that I haven't seen many of them play a down. Here is the list according to Rivals:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/Connecticut/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3113

The only one not committed to a school seems to be Coggins, but I remember there being some controversy with the kid. HFD could probably enlighten us a little more on it, and I think there might even be a thread designated solely to him in the recruiting forum. In either case, landing 40% of the top 10 is a very good showing, in my opinion...

Coggins is a bit of an enigma due to injuries junior season and suspension this season - http://nvlfootballblog.com/2012/09/coggins-decommits-from-boston-college/

Reaction Score
If you beat a top 25 team on the road you deserve some credit. No matter how putrid the offense is a W is a W. Good Job Coaches. First time all year they managed their Time Outs appropiately. Whoever it was, especially on Defense.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I remember when people actually enjoyed beating a team that is supposedly much better than us. This is a dreary thread. That being said, I agree that GDL needs to be replaced. On the other hand, while HCPP is getting slammed over his OC, he seems to be getting no credit on this board for his DC. I don't see how he can be blamed for the one and then treated as if he has nothing to do with the other. That isn't to say that I think PP is dynamic, but he isn't as inept as some here would like to pretend. As far as our offense is concerned, let's face it. He really was stuck with using a walk on QB last year (I can hear the Nebrich fans howl, for all that he showed), and this year went with what almost every one here felt was his best choice anyway, a kid with no D1 game experience. His own recruit is red-shirting, as he should. There are some other personnel issues on O as well. On D, his coordinator had several very good hold-overs from the last regime to work with. So, yes, the OC has never seemed to find the way to have this group succeed, but the reality is that his green QB might have gotten us past NC State a few weeks later, and our pretty reliable PK had a horrible day against a Temple team that the D didn't stop on their last drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom