P.A. System Needs Fixing | The Boneyard

P.A. System Needs Fixing

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If you sit in the corners up top, the sound cuts in and out constantly. Not sure if that's changed for this year, but it was rough in the past

Reaction Score
Also, the field lighting was really crappy. Shadows on the field. The ribbon banner changes effected the field going fro dark to bright. It was light they were running half of the lights.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Probably already discussed elsewhere but the piped in cheer and screaming, especially during Wagner extra point attempts, was a joke.

Reaction Score
UConn has way more pressing issues that need fixing. Fixing the P.A. system is number 1,136 on that list.
Wrong. You want people to enjoy the game and know the players. You can’t do it when you can’t here their names called or even hear the referees. It has not always been like that. This is the first year I couldn’t hear one word.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Wrong. You want people to enjoy the game and know the players. You can’t do it when you can’t here their names called or even hear the referees. It has not always been like that. This is the first year I couldn’t hear one word.
It has. Since day 1.

Reaction Score
The sound was bad starting with the band pre-game show. The big turn and flourish during “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” wasn’t loud or powerful. Stadium audio was spotty from there on, including the referee’s mic. Several times during the game, the band section mics were way too loud for random chants, like the band wanting dessert. (Who else heard them play Stick It In when Wagner had the ball on their own 20?) Sound was bad during the hokey “Know Your Teammate” segment with Mensah and Thompkins. They have some extra time to get it right for next week.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Cutting the PA for the band altogether would be a cheap and substantial improvement. We don’t need a mic for our band.

Reaction Score
Did the Band have a new director or a large number of graduates from last year? They were off all night. The Wagner stick it in cheer as well as doing nothing most of the time.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Honestly I was a little disappointed by the lack of overall care put into getting The Rent ready for another season. Seemed like things were missing (I.e. Husky Heritage banners behind north end zone) or broken (I.e. men’s rooms) all over the place. The place is nearly 20 years old and showing its age badly IMO.

Reaction Score
Honestly I was a little disappointed by the lack of overall care put into getting The Rent ready for another season. Seemed like things were missing (I.e. Husky Heritage banners behind north end zone) or broken (I.e. men’s rooms) all over the place. The place is nearly 20 years old and showing its age badly IMO.
It's a dump. If they took care of it and put some money into it could be a nice stadium.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I pointed out 5 years ago the Rent was starting to go to seed and they don’t seem to give a damn

Reaction Score
I pointed out 5 years ago the Rent was starting to go to seed and they don’t seem to give a damn
It’s amazing how they want younger fans to go. Yet they lack all of amenities that younger people want.

How could you have a stadium in 2019 without WiFi?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom