Overtime Select | The Boneyard

Overtime Select

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I see that UConn commit, Kelis Fisher, has committed to Overtime Select, in fact, many highly rated players have announced their commitments as well. I didn’t know what it was so I found an article on it. I wonder if the league is NCAA-sanctioned? It must be, it’s been around for a while

Reaction Score
1000009382.jpg

Reaction Score
Overtime is a sports media company geared towards Generation Z sports fans.[1] The company distributes original sports content on social media outlets, including Facebook, Snapchat, and YouTube and sells apparel with its logos and branding.[2] In 2021, Overtime launched Overtime Elite, a professional basketball league for 16-19 year-olds.[3][4] In 2022, Overtime launched OT7, a low-contact, seven-on-seven American football league.[5] In August 2023, Overtime held its first Overtime Boxing (OTX) matches at Overtime Elite Arena in Atlanta.

Reaction Score
I'm conflicted in how I feel about this. I remember Geno saying that Euro players had better fundamentals as they practiced for the week, then had one game. The U.S. players played all week, but rarely practiced the fundamentals. And, if we're worried about overuse injuries, this is pouring fuel on the flame. So much for any semblance of student athlete. Between this and the Dartmouth men going union, it's going to be a tough haul for all but the best programs. If your college can't get you social media likes and NIL deals, forget about it.

Reaction Score
I see that UConn commit, Kelis Fisher, has committed to Overtime Select, in fact, many highly rated players have announced their commitments as well. I didn’t know what it was so I found an article on it. I wonder if the league is NCAA-sanctioned? It must be, it’s been around for a while

I love the braids.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Today I saw an ad for Overtime Elite MBB on Freevee.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a viable option to the circus that AAU has become based on what I have read.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I'm conflicted in how I feel about this. I remember Geno saying that Euro players had better fundamentals as they practiced for the week, then had one game. The U.S. players played all week, but rarely practiced the fundamentals. And, if we're worried about overuse injuries, this is pouring fuel on the flame. So much for any semblance of student athlete. Between this and the Dartmouth men going union, it's going to be a tough haul for all but the best programs. If your college can't get you social media likes and NIL deals, forget about it.
good for them. gives them some protection. a team vs. individuals. unity gains them at least a smidge of power.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
good for them. gives them some protection. a team vs. individuals. unity gains them at least a smidge of power.
Who’s going to pay their $42/month dues, I wonder

Reaction Score
Who’s going to pay their $42/month dues, I wonder
And I wonder what they'll truly get out of it. They had mentioned health insurance, but at their age, they're either covered by their parents or have to buy into the university health plan. All our kids when they went to college had to have some sort of insurance, either through us or the college. None of them will likely ever move up in competition. With rare exceptions, ivy league athletes are there for the education. About the only result I can see from this is that Dartmouth will simply cut the sport ion the "demands" become onerous. When you look at the tenuous economics of a large number of colleges around the country, dropping some of the sports programs is a handy way to go, and if unions spread, this will give them a good excuse. The ramifications of this aren't good.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t agree w Geno more in practice v play time, it’s a huge issue in American youth sports in general, not just basketball, unfortunately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom