Overlook DePaul? | The Boneyard

Overlook DePaul?

Reaction Score
Yes, I know the cliches. This might be the one case where, yes, we should spend some time looking ahead to Marquette.

The schedule does us no favors. We have a late game Wednesday, travel back to Storrs, then at most a day and a half to prepare for the biggest game of the season so far Saturday afternoon.

DePaul is historically awful, the worst team in conference, maybe in conference history. We just beat the second-worst team by 25.

Maybe we do some Marquette prep early today and tomorrow?

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t worry about that. Look how the coaching staff handled the 2023 NCAA tournament games

Reaction Score
If we lose to DePaul, Hurley should be fired on the spot, the team should be disbanded and the players prohibited from ever again going onto a basketball court. Come on. This is a bad NESCAC team we are talking about here

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Doooooooooooomed
This is probably not the chant we'll here during a quiet moment in Wintrust, but maybe @superjohn and Blue Demon Degenerate can work some kind of call-and-response shout-out to @FriarJ, and plan something more co-ordinated for when Ed Cooley's Georgetown Hoyas visit on the 24th.

Reaction Score
Wish the game were tonight. Marquette gets a day extra rest before Saturday. Go up 30 early and rest everyone.

Reaction Score
Be great to grab a solid lead - and rest as many starters for as long as possible so they stay fresh for Saturday.
Get some minutes for the deep bench guys

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yes, I know the cliches. This might be the one case where, yes, we should spend some time looking ahead to Marquette.

The schedule does us no favors. We have a late game Wednesday, travel back to Storrs, then at most a day and a half to prepare for the biggest game of the season so far Saturday afternoon.

DePaul is historically awful, the worst team in conference, maybe in conference history. We just beat the second-worst team by 25.

The team is well underway prepping for Marquette. Just need to keep their coach off the floor.

Reaction Score

Looking forward to seeing lots of Apostolos….

Reaction Score
Yes, we are looking past DePaul. We have to. I would be more worried if we were not looking past DePaul.

That said, someone on the staff is doing their due diligence for Wednesday's game.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Im sure Luke and Kimani have already been prepping a game plan, but no way Hurley is letting the players drop their guard for lowly DePaul. He was “beside himself” when they took their foot off the gas against Georgetown

Hurley yelling at Newton to Go Go GO! Newton was man……. I ain’t got time for this.

Reaction Score
Cant overlook anyone, the DePaul game is a business trip. Win right away get the bench work and get out immediately. I’m sure they have gone over some stuff of Marquette for the past month. Use the DePaul game as a glorified scrimmage no letup all game and that goes for the bench and everyone else.

Yes it sucks to play a late game on Wednesday but it is what it is.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd be more worried about the team getting there than not being ready enough to comfortably win the game.
BDL's pretty good for weather. And the storm should pass there by early afternoon.

Reaction Score
If we don’t win by at least 50 i will be pretty dissapointed this needs to be a serious business trip and used as a glorified pickup

Reaction Score
DePaul has fallen in the rankings since we played them.
They are now Kenpom 299, down 50 spots since we last played.
288th in offensive efficiency
279th in defensive efficiency

Reaction Score
So they can't score, but they try to make up for it by not defending?

Reaction Score
That's putrid for a Big East team. The school's administration should be embarrassed for putting such a bad product on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom