Over or Under: Ayanna to Dunk 5 Times in her First Year | The Boneyard

Over or Under: Ayanna to Dunk 5 Times in her First Year

PvP

Reaction Score
To my knowledge, no UCONN women's basketball player has successfully dunked in a game. I have to say I was intrigued when it was noted that Liv was able to dunk when she committed to Storrs, but consistent with her relatively passive play, she hasn't attempted one while at UCONN. Aubrey also has been said to be able to dunk but has had far fewer opportunities and never has.

But Ayanna has shown on many occasions that she has the ability and likely the intent to make the dunk part of her game. I think most of us have seen her two-handed dunk from standing still under the basket. It is certainly impressive.

I know I would love to be at Gampel the first time she dunks in a game. The place will explode!

I can also envision Paige and Ayanna exploiting Alley-Oop opportunities given Paige's loving of dramatic passes.

I'm for OVER.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fran Belibi of Stanford seems to have similar hops. How many does she have so far?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The coolest thing is she dunks with two hands, and I’m not sure even Griner does that.

Unfortunately she appears to travel every time. I think 6-7 is a good estimate so I will go with the over, and hope the refs look the other way.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Fran Belibi of Stanford seems to have similar hops. How many does she have so far?
Belibi has done it a few times in games, always on fast breaks, and always with one hand. Ayanna’s ability to throw down a 2-handed slam is special. I anticipate seeing it happen on a fast break, particularly if Paige is leading the break. But the more exciting potential will be on a back door cut, once again off of a feed from Ms Bueckers. :)

Reaction Score
None, I hope. UIConn has so many players missing so many bunny layups, and folks want to see someone dunk the ball? For what? A pointless exercise in chest-thumping and one more step toward making the women's game more like the men's which, IMHO, will not be an improvement.

Reaction Score
Really want to see she dunks at UConn uniform ...

Reactions: PvP

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If I were a gambling man, I would hammer that under.

She has the most functional dunk out of any UConn woman’s basketball player, and probably the most functional out of any woman college basketball player at least so far as I’ve seen. That said dunking isn’t easy and it’s not like she’s getting her head above the rim and will get over the rim passes from her teammates all night long. Her dunks will be few and far between.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If I were a gambling man, I would hammer that under.

She has the most functional dunk out of any UConn woman’s basketball player, and probably the most functional out of any woman college basketball player at least so far as I’ve seen. That said dunking isn’t easy and it’s not like she’s getting her head above the rim and will get over the rim passes from her teammates all night long. Her dunks will be few and far between.

Im no expert on female dunking.... but has a female ever dunked in traffic?? I can't recall seeing one.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I hope for at least one, and at a home game. In regard to over/under I am in the under camp.

Reaction Score
I hope for at least one, and at a home game. In regard to over/under I am in the under camp.
Stewie has had many opportunities, and has outside of High School not seemed to bother with it. She always gets the basket, it's about winning, not dunking.
There are a lot of other ways to make great plays that are more spectacular, then dunking.
Magic, Bird, Maravich, they made basketball exciting to watch.

Reaction Score
Again the dunk issue is risk/reward.

It’s nice and fun and you get recognition.

BUT the penalty for missing is quite high. Geno will mock you mercilessly for not scoring a layup.

So I ask ya, are you feeling lucky?

Reaction Score
In the past, I'll bet Geno has said something like "You can only dunk if you can guarantee it will go in!" I believe that this statement coupled with the natural "fear of Geno" has kept lots of UConn players from ever attempting a dunk during a game while at UConn. It has to be someone who is absolutely fearless and has an attitude sufficient to challenge Geno head to head who will attempt it. I can only see someone like Paige trying it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom