Over First Two Years - St Randy @MD or GROB @SU? | The Boneyard

Over First Two Years - St Randy @MD or GROB @SU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Who was worse?

Very close, very tough call.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pretty funny. Maryland is a missed chip shot FG and one play on defense from 6 wins - this playing their 3rd - then 4th and now 5th string 'quarterback'.

Reaction Score
if sdhusky wanted a legitimate comparison, he'd compare the job done by P and Edsall.....AT THE SAME SCHOOL.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If he wanted a fair comparison the competition would be between P (here), GRob (Cuse) and Krags (Ville).

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
SDHusky is a noted supporter of Paul Pasqualoni. Give him credit; he loved the hire and will defend it to the death.

I just see nothing out of his game day coaching, in term of innovation, clock management, adjustments, ability to communicate with players, etc...that make me think he will work out here.

Reaction Score
The snide references to "St. Randy" are growing tiresome. Yes, he had warts. But dude averaged 8 wins and a bowl app in in his final four years. A standard Monsignor Paul can only dream about

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Maryland scored 13 points today with a linebacker playing quarterback. We scored 6 with our first string QB, RB and receivers. I'd take Edsall over these clowns anyday
I'd take Edsel Ford over these clowns.

Reaction Score
Maryland scored 13 points today with a linebacker playing quarterback. We scored 6 with our first string QB, RB and receivers. I'd take Edsall over these clowns anyday
People may not like Edsall's personality but if he hadn't left we'd be in the top 25 year in and year out, the sky was the limit with him. Instead we turned into a retirement community for Ren and Stimpy and their god awful offensive offense

Reaction Score
The old saying " be carefull what you ask for" can be used now in terms of Edsall needing to go or not.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Not me. I value winning more, so I like PP more than Edsall at this point.

Reaction Score
People may not like Edsall's personality but if he hadn't left we'd be in the top 25 year in and year out, the sky was the limit with him

and you base this conclusion on what?

The sky was not the limit with him, he believes there are more D1 players at one high school in Maryland then there are in the entire state of CT. Randy believes that he took us as far as he could take us and it wasn't the top 25 let alone the sky.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Huh? Because PP is winning more than Edsall? I'm confused, do you mind explaining?

Reaction Score
I do not disagree here but these clowns beat Edsall - just sayin

Reaction Score

Nominee for most painfully accurate post of the year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Moron.

Seriously Moron doesn't capture that statement.

SD did Edsall bang your wife or something. This premise is so stupid you can't possibly mean it.

Reaction Score
SDHusky is a noted supporter of Paul Pasqualoni. Give him credit; he loved the hire and will defend it to the death.

I just see nothing out of his game day coaching, in term of innovation, clock management, adjustments, ability to communicate with players, etc...that make me think he will work out here.

Except that in a rational world, caring how Edsall does at Maryland is not a defense of P. What Edsall does at Maryland is totally irrelevant to what he did here, to what P does here or what P's successor will do here. It's not relevant to those who think Edsall did a good job here. It's simply the obsession of what has become a sick mind.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
BL, if you want rational thought, you are looking in the wrong place.

Fortunately for those of us who want to complain irrationally for the purpose of venting (and therefore not causing any real damage anywhere), places like the Boneyard exist.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you measure wins and losses but you obviously are doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom