Over 125 UMass football alums petition against Molnar | The Boneyard

Over 125 UMass football alums petition against Molnar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting. I can't link the article; but, the general theme is that he has been ABUSIVE to his current players. (and ... further noise about he has not been welcoming to the past players at the University)

There is a video that is attached: Molnar had football players wrestling each other during the winter to "strengthen" mental toughness. There were a few injuries ... including a shoulder injury to a Quarterback.

He seems like a dink. (reference today's article on Sha'ki)

Reaction Score
Greaseball Eddie Lebec.

7390369.jpeg

lebec.jpg

Reaction Score
Interesting. I can't link the article; but, the general theme is that he has been ABUSIVE to his current players. (and ... further noise about he has not been welcoming to the past players at the University)

There is a video that is attached: Molnar had football players wrestling each other during the winter to "strengthen" mental toughness. There were a few injuries ... including a shoulder injury to a Quarterback.

http://www.gazettenet.com/home/8646...harley-molnar-for-better-treatment-of-players

Petition

Reaction Score
A certain amount of this sounds like some the stuff we went through in Edsall's early years when players who were recruited when we were 1AA were recruited over and replaced by freshmen. Not sure about the wrestling thing. Sounds a bit silly to me. It was apparently legal and while I wouldn't say it was common, I think others occasionally use that as a training technique. I believe Navy used it in the past, for example. I don't know much about Molnar, but he's in a very difficult situation in Amherst. I think its true they are trying to do this on the cheap, and that will not be good.

Reaction Score
With all the attention concussion studies are getting in the news lately ... why boxing??? Although not as bad ... seems a bit Mike Rice like ... demanding that players scream in the opposing players ears.

Reaction Score
With all the attention concussion studies are getting in the news lately ... why boxing??? Although not as bad ... seems a bit Mike Rice like ... demanding that players scream in the opposing players ears.

It actually seems worse than Mike Rice, you're not going to get injured from cursing and flying basketballs. This hand to hand combat stuff is ridiculous, imagine the lawsuit if a player broke his neck.

Reaction Score

were they naked? dressed like gladiators?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can get 125 signatures here asking him to be even meaner to people at UMass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom