Our Tournament Odds | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Tournament Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will never be able to process going 0-4 against Temple and Cincy. Decent teams, no world beaters for sure. Figured 2-2 at worst. 3-1 more likely. Not winning any of those games hurts.

It's not even so much the 0-4, which sucks of course, but it's the way some of the losses happened. Beyond frustrating.

Reaction Score
Things are fine baring disaster. They need to go 3-1 in their next 4 games and probably have to win one in the AAC tournament. There isn't a bad loss on this teams resume and I think that's a savior. And who knows, the AAC is at a neutral location since its in Florida. And yes I'm throwing away the USF/UCF games as easy wins, because if they lose those we have way bigger problems.

And I'm not worried about Houston. They come into Gampel on a Sunday afternoon. Once the students drink some Gatorade and work of the hangover the place should be rocking.

Reaction Score
It's not even so much the 0-4, which sucks of course, but it's the way some of the losses happened. Beyond frustrating.
I'm really hoping this can be corrected with the ball in Jalens hands to create offense with 2 minutes left. Losses came because we couldn't finish because no one could score or build offense. I don't hate Gibbs but I think Jalen is ready to create the offense this team needs.

Reaction Score
rebounding and lay ups. Kinda the basics tell our season story.

Reaction Score
I guess seeding is an amusing topic to discuss, but really does anyone believe this team has the ability to string 3 good games together to make any sort of postseason run? 7 seed. 11 seed. 3-1 in the next 4 games. Okay. Whatever, I guess.

Reaction Score
The Houston game at home scares me the most. Potential trap game right before SMU, but we win that and USF/UCF we should be good.

Reaction Score
I guess seeding is an amusing topic to discuss, but really does anyone believe this team has the ability to string 3 good games together to make any sort of postseason run? 7 seed. 11 seed. 3-1 in the next 4 games. Okay. Whatever, I guess.
Say we get the Brooklyn pod with a 9 seed. Would you want to be the 1 seed who potentially could play us in the next round? I think our defense can get us to the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to win all of their last 4 games and make it to the conference championship that involves a win against Cincinnati and/or Temple. With that, UConn should get a 6 or 7 seed and avoid the nightmare of being a 8/9 seed stuck playing a 1 seed in the second round at their home court for all intent.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think it's about luck. If we're a 9 seed there is a good chance we end up playing Villanova. And I will take that all day every day. Especially if that game ends up in Brooklyn.

I'm not big on seeding but is there a chance that we play Providence (8 seed) then Villanova the next round. Because I love those match ups.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think it's about luck. If we're a 9 seed there is a good chance we end up playing Villanova. And I will take that all day every day. Especially if that game ends up in Brooklyn.

I'm not big on seeding but is there a chance that we play Providence (8 seed) then Villanova the next round. Because I love those match ups.
So would the people at the Barclays. In whats shaping up to be a horrible year in college basketball, the best thing the NCAA can do is put UConn in Brooklyn.

Reaction Score
So would the people at the Barclays. In whats shaping up to be a horrible year in college basketball, the best thing the NCAA can do is put UConn in Brooklyn.
I was just making sure I wasn't missing anything that makes those matchups impossible.

If providence is another first round opportunity I think our odds are almost even more in our favor for a couple of early wins. Providence is an hour drive from Storrs and that place gets loud. Idk who the home fans would cheer for though. If it was UConn Villanova round of 32 we might be better off playing in a church considering how much PC fans hate both teams.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We have a pretty similar resume to Temple's last year. The more I think the SMU game is a must win...

Human factor turns me away. We have 0 committee members representing the AAC in the selection committee.

Reaction Score
rebounding and lay ups. Kinda the basics tell our season story.
Yes really the lay ups. Had we made most of those bunnies this would be a different season

Reaction Score
We have beaten-woman syndrome.

I don't care how many more wins we have. I won't believe we're in the dance until we win the AAC tourni and take it out of the committee's hands.

We know they view our conference as garbage. Looking at Loontardy's predictions as a point of support is very foolish.

WIN THE AAC tourni. No other route is certain. Don't leave it in the judges' hands.
Agreed. Don't care if we win out the regular season, I'll still be nervous because the committee has no respect for the AAC.

We need to win the conference tournament.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We should be in and I think we will be...the only concern is the undisguised contempt the committee has gone out of its way to show American Conference programs. I think that dings us by at least one and probably two bracket lines.
Looking forward to the day that Jalen states "And this is what happens when you dings us in the brackets" after NC #5!!!

Reaction Score
We have a pretty similar resume to Temple's last year. The more I think the SMU game is a must win...

Human factor turns me away. We have 0 committee members representing the AAC in the selection committee.

Eh. Not really. Temple had a loss to a 13-18 St. Joe's on their record, and a loss to a 17-15 UNLV. One was sub 175 the other sub 100. Those more than cancelled out their Kansas win considering they lost three times to SMU, and got embarrassed by 20+ against both Duke and Villanova.

Temple racked up their wins vs. the bottom of the league. They went 1-5 against SMU/Cincy/Tulsa.

Again, we don't look great in some ways, but we have Michigan and @Texas wins OOC, no bad losses, and no blow-out losses. Also, our advanced metrics are still much better than what Temple's were last year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Eh. Not really. Temple had a loss to a 13-18 St. Joe's on their record, and a loss to a 17-15 UNLV. One was sub 175 the other sub 100. Those more than cancelled out their Kansas win considering they lost three times to SMU, and got embarrassed by 20+ against both Duke and Villanova.

Temple racked up their wins vs. the bottom of the league. They went 1-5 against SMU/Cincy/Tulsa.

Again, we don't look great in some ways, but we have Michigan and @Texas wins OOC, no bad losses, and no blow-out losses. Also, our advanced metrics are still much better than what Temple's were last year.
They were 22-9 going into the AAC Tournament with an RPI of 34. I see double digit losses and AAC and it puts me on edge.

Reaction Score
They were 22-9 going into the AAC Tournament with an RPI of 34. I see double digit losses and AAC and it puts me on edge.
Right, but that's only a superficial look at their resume.

They were also:

BPI: 63
Sagarin: 62
1-5 vs. RPI 25
2-8 vs RPI 50
7-8 vs. RPI 100
16-2 vs. sub-100

UConn is, by contrast

BPI: 24
Sagarin: 27
1-1 vs. RPI 25 (with @Texas just outside)
3-2 vs. RPI 50 (with N-Michigan, N-Syracuse, Cincy games just outside just outside)
7-8 vs. RPI 100 (with 2 more to go)
12-0 vs. sub-100 (with 2 to go)

Temple played more Top 25 and Top 50 games than us, but they lost pretty much all of them.

Reaction Score
We need to just get in anyway possible. I have yet to see a team that I would call a favorite to win the title and everyone of the top seeds has issues and are beatable by UConn on a good night.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't sleep on that usf game. It is a an away game with a big team whose perimeter players are improving . They just controlled Memphis down there. We have also had problems playing down there. We should win it but I'm scared about this game.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I wouldn't sleep on that usf game. It is a an away game with a big team whose perimeter players are improving . They just controlled Memphis down there. We have also had problems playing down there. We should win it but I'm scared about this game.
Memphis to put it bluntly is not good.

Reaction Score
Temple just helped us a little in terms of AAC tourney seeding by winning at Houston. Was tied with 30 seconds left.

One game at a time. Go Huskies! Beat USF!

Reaction Score
What will the committee think of our being swept by two conference bubble teams -- Cincy and Temple?
We'll likely have to play at least one of them again in the AAC Tourney. If we're 0-5 against those two bubble teams at the end of the season, we might find ourselves on the outs with this year's committee. If we don't win, our fate is out of our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom