Our three point shooting | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Our three point shooting

Reaction Score
I'd be fine with a slightly below average streak. That would provide the cushion we need for me to stop being so nervous during these games. Although I think we'll be fine either way, but I prefer to stop being nervous in the first half if possible
If you gave me the option to push a button that would guarantee we would shoot exactly 30% on 3s this weekend, I would smash it in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
Supposedly makes ball lighter.
dwight know GIF

Reaction Score
Purdue is the best 3pt shooting team in the country with a unicorn center and are a much much better defensive team.
It’s a chicken and egg scenario though. They’re a good 3 point shooting team because most teams have to double or triple team Edey which leaves wide open 3’s. I expect our 7’ 2” center may be able to give Edey enough issues 1-on-1 that we won’t double him every time. This severely limits their shooting. Most guys don’t have a 7’2” eraser that can hold his own against Edey.

IF we play them and IF Clingan does get into foul trouble early expect us to:

1) Have Newton and Castle taking it into Edey’s chest to draw fouls on him as well.
2) Get out in transition and run run run (Edey can’t get up and down with us).

Purdue is one game that may require significant in game adjustments, but we need to worry about Bama first.

caw

Reaction Score
Purdue is MUCH stronger than Illinois

They are stronger at the four/five but Loyer and Smith are much weaker than Illinois' guards. Three is probably even

Reaction Score
They’re a good 3 point shooting team because most teams have to double or triple team Edey which leaves wide open 3’s.
I'd be curious about the splits: how do they do when the opposing defenses refuse to double?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom