Our three point shooting | The Boneyard

Our three point shooting

Reaction Score
UConn was 3 for 17 last night and 6 for 39 for three against Northwestern and Illinois combined. It shows the dominance of Clingan and just how truly great this team is. What happens when we start knocking down threes?
The way I see it is that the recent inaccuracies added to the poor sightlines will cancel each other out and our shooting will improve, whereas other teams will have their shots thrown off.

Reaction Score
When you look at those two games, you think about the challenge of defending Boo Bouie and Shannon. In each game, the team put out an incredible defensive effort to not just contain those guys, but to totally eliminate them. I wonder if the level of energy required to play that defense didn't leave shooters legs feeling just a little flat. Maybe it wasn't the case, just a feeling I got after watching the games.

Reaction Score

I made a comment the first weekend about the balls... some of the dribbling has looked terrible and the 3pt shooting seemed off for tons of teams. I chalked it up to using a different brand than the regular season but if this is true - how does it happen and why? You'd think this was checked unless the spec is weird.

Reaction Score
Or we run. Who would expect that? Any doubters on our runnng abilities?
Idk what you mean by “we run.” we always try to capitalize in transition when we get a stop but we don’t play “fast”. Regardless We haven’t played a team as good as Purdue. Closest would be UNC and we went 10/31 from 3. I’d take that any day.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Idk what you mean by “we run.” we always try to capitalize in transition when we get a stop but we don’t play “fast”. Regardless We haven’t played a team as good as Purdue. Closest would be UNC and we went 10/31 from 3. I’d take that any day.
Oh brother, here we go again.

Reaction Score
Illinios is as good as Purdue. At least close. Marquette too.

Reaction Score
Balls are overinflated at many neutral sites. Causes 3s to go long.
So many of our threes aren't even on line, that's the most concerning part. Newton, and Cam, and of course Karaban have been having some bad misses.

Reaction Score
Karaban, Newton and Spencer seem to make them when we really need them. We have lead every tournament game by 30 at some point. We haven't really needed them yet. If we need them they will fall.

Reaction Score
I made a comment the first weekend about the balls... some of the dribbling has looked terrible and the 3pt shooting seemed off for tons of teams. I chalked it up to using a different brand than the regular season but if this is true - how does it happen and why? You'd think this was checked unless the spec is weird.
It's insane that they don't have a standard fill weight that they can dial in before games.

For crying out loud, for $1.50 i can fill all my tires to exactly 37 lbs at sunoco

Reaction Score

Rebound, push the ball, much like we did during the 30-run. If its not there in transition, you run the offense.

Reaction Score
Huh? Illinois is pretty good, so is Purdue, it’s definitely close with the slight edge to Purdue
Illinois is much closer to Bama than Purdue.

Purdue is just as good on offense as Illinois and UConn. Purdue is also a top 15 D. Illinois is garbage D like Bama.

Reaction Score
Mark Titus talked about it on his most recent podcast. Apparently they're using new balls this year (Wilson Evo vs Wilson Evolution. The new balls have more natural cushioning and give. His hypothesis is that they're being over inflated because of this. Insane that there isn't a standard, digitized PSI measurement.

Reaction Score
Mark Titus talked about it on his most recent podcast. Apparently they're using new balls this year (Wilson Evo vs Wilson Evolution. The new balls have more natural cushioning and give. His hypothesis is that they're being over inflated because of this. Insane that there isn't a standard, digitized PSI measurement.
I don't understand why leagues change balls as frequently as they do. It seems like the only sport that doesn't screw with the ball is the NFL

Reaction Score
Looks to me like the shots are slightly off balance and forced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom