Our Texas guru: Coach Bill...any new news? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Our Texas guru: Coach Bill...any new news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wait a minute -- are we talking about this past weekend? If so, then the big news here is that Geno is out on the recruiting trail and is no longer convalescing at home.

That is the first I have heard that he is back in action.

This past weekend, yeah.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Back to Masonius for a second, this is a Blue Star write-up after an AAU tourney about two weeks ago:

Faith Masonius – 2019 – 6-1 – Guard / Forward – (Spring Lake, NJ – NJ Belles 17 Masonius) – A pure basketball player who defies position. Effective in all aspects of game. Can secure defensive rebound, push in transition, penetrate to pass, relocate on perimeter, use pick and roll and attack post mismatch, sometimes all in one possession. Advanced basketball IQ; two or three steps ahead of competition at all times. Excellent leadership; teammates respond to voice and intensity of play. Larry Bird comparisons are apt: can dial up extra speed or power when necessary.

USJN Capital City Classic - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
Back to Masonius for a second, this is a Blue Star write-up after an AAU tourney about two weeks ago:

Faith Masonius – 2019 – 6-1 – Guard / Forward – (Spring Lake, NJ – NJ Belles 17 Masonius) – A pure basketball player who defies position. Effective in all aspects of game. Can secure defensive rebound, push in transition, penetrate to pass, relocate on perimeter, use pick and roll and attack post mismatch, sometimes all in one possession. Advanced basketball IQ; two or three steps ahead of competition at all times. Excellent leadership; teammates respond to voice and intensity of play. Larry Bird comparisons are apt: can dial up extra speed or power when necessary.

USJN Capital City Classic - Bluestar Media

She's the real deal and if there ever was a UConn lean as a recruit, she's it!

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Coach Bill - Am I crazy or is Cristyn Williams a really terrific basketball player? I love the 2 UConn recruits you just discussed but I see Cristyn on a different level both in skills and athletically....she too is cool under pressure and fits the UConn profile perfectly.......also waiting for any comments on Jade Williams and Charli Coliier.

charliebball - Christyn Williams definitely warrants being considered an Elite / Top 10 prospect. As you would expect with a prospect that is only in Sophomore year, there is some more " game maturity" , consistency & some more overall decision making Growth left to be attained. I came away from seeing her last weekend with the impression that she very well could take on a very similar look that Megan Walker now presents. Both in terms of thorough skills, Mental maturity / focus & physical talent & overall Efficiency... and become a game in - game out dominant Overall player. All the foundation is there

I will look to offer up a EVal breakdown of her at some point today

I'll also provide one on Charli Collier within next 24 hours

** I am pretty confident that UConn has moved on from targeting Jade Williams .

Reaction Score
charliebball - Christyn Williams definitely warrants being considered an Elite / Top 10 prospect.=QUOTE]

Thanks so much for that analysis on CW..................I absolutely agree that Christyn is a smooth operator much like MW......if she continues to work I can easily imagine her being a top ten performer......................I wasn't blown away by either of the CY Fair bigs in the game I watched although they both had their moments

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
charliebball - Christyn Williams definitely warrants being considered an Elite / Top 10 prospect. As you would expect with a prospect that is only in Sophomore year, there is some more " game maturity" , consistency & some more overall decision making Growth left to be attained. I came away from seeing her last weekend with the impression that she very well could take on a very similar look that Megan Walker now presents. Both in terms of thorough skills, Mental maturity / focus & physical talent & overall Efficiency... and become a game in - game out dominant Overall player. All the foundation is there

I will look to offer up a EVal breakdown of her at some point today

I'll also provide one on Charli Collier within next 24 hours

** I am pretty confident that UConn has moved on from targeting Jade Williams .
Shame about Jade. Wonder why the reversal.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
and if you are into the twitter conspiracy thing that started with Azura Stevens,..............Jade just started following both Baylor Women's Basketball and Kim Mulkey

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
and if you are into the twitter conspiracy thing that started with Azura Stevens,....Jade just started following both Baylor Women's Basketball and Kim Mulkey
Like there's plenty of room at the post there for her.

Reaction Score
Like there's plenty of room at the post there for her.

I know..........like five 6'4" - 6"7" players not including her.......I guess if you want to stay in Texas it's between Texas and Baylor.....Texas has a bunch of very tall people too

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's my girl!!!!!!!

Is Manasquan's Faith Masonius UConn's Answer to the Mabrey Sisters

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by Charliebball, Mar 11, 2016.

1. While awaiting march Madness I couldn't help but think about future Connecticut players in our area. Why worry about convincing players from Texas to leave the Lone Star State if there is excellent homegrown talent just a couple of hours away.

I have already mentioned Saddle River Day's Michelle Sidor, NJ's leading scorer as a freshman in an earlier thread. The other super NJ freshman that has also been discussed on this site is Manasquan's Faith Masonius. Faith is a big part of Manasquan's continued high ranking in NJ basketball. It is the same school that has produced the two Mabrey sisters of ND fame with a third currently staring on the HS team.

Faith is the only NJ player listed in ESPN's top players of 2019. Here is recent comment about her game.

https://i2./hoopgroup.com/hoopgroup/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/untitled-300x240.png?resize=300%2C240&ssl=1https://i2./hoopgroup.com/hoopgroup/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/th5KFQ94RH.jpg?resize=413%2C239&ssl=1

FAITH MASONIUS- 6FT- MANASQUAN- SWING

She is one of the most talented players to enter the Shore Conference in years. The talented freshman is already one of the best players in the state for any grade. She not only lived up to the hype this year, but proved she could handle any type pressure. In big games her performances were breath taking. She was nothing short of sensational in the SHORE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. She averaged over 17 points a game against teams ranked in the Top 10 in the state (not counting her opening game of her career). This season Faith Mansonius averaged 13.1 ppg…6.4 rebounds and 2.5 assist on the season. This was just a start to what will be a brilliant career. While playing out of position all year, Masonius at times was dominant on the biggest of stages. Her ability to impact the game in so many ways, made it impossible for most teams to prepare for her. The shooting ability along with the ball handling skills make for a dangerous combination. She no question will be one of the most recruited players in all of America… Before she has played her last game she will enter the discussion as greatest player in Shore History.

As others have pointed out in another thread, Faith has UConn connections as her mother played college ball at St Joe's and later coached at UConn in the late 80's with GA and CD. Her brother is also currently playing on the UConn hockey team.

From what I observed in the times I have seen her play live, she is a highly skilled player with a great motor and high basketball IQ.

I certainly can't predict whether she will develop into a UConn caliber player but she is certainly headed in the right direction
I have faith in Faith!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The "Will visit" part sounds like future tense. She's already had her Husky visit. That last part seems an ad on about old news.
Exactly. It IS old news.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
CHRISTYN WILLIAMS : my 1st time seeing her live... after seeing a good bit of film.

As most of you already know, she is a Lefty . 5'10" ish , quality strength for a young h.s. prospect. I wouldn't assess her an "elite" athlete ( run, jump )...but she is def a very good athlete. Definitely capable of some smooth, impressive finishes. Quick first & second step.
Along with the Lefty advantage... her Quickness, Strength, Length and Handle make her a game in - game out LOAD to deal with off the dribble, attacking the rim.
She is very capable of creating mid range pullup shots (including vs contested defense ). she is already VERY tough to handle 1 vs 1 ( incl vs older defenders )
The afformentioned physical attributes also make her a consistent threat on the Offensive Boards.
As you would summize, she is certainly LOAD to deal with in the open court / Transition. Moving forward over the next couple years, I would like to see an enhanced capacity with Passing acumen off the dribble. She seems to represent the precocious type that has been so productive, talented with attacking rim - finishing on her own or drawing Fouls... that at times she misses the UConn-esque passing reads/ opportunities... to take it herself. Sometimes leading to difficult finish attempts.. where an "on time - on target " Pass would lead to an easier opportunity for a teammate.
Just a part of the Growth , Efficiency process for such a talented young scorer.

I would consider her at this stage a "good" perimeter shooter. She has a high arching shot that looks very solid in terms of structure. I saw her make multiple Transition spot up 3's... looking comfortable with catch & shoots after a transition run. Good sign of a competent shooter, quality stroke.
For the most part... she has a pretty good Recognition level in terms of shot selection. I also have a good impression of her feel, discipline for not "over" dribbling. She seems smart ( esp. relative to age ) about her commitment to Attack once she puts it on the floor. I didn't really see wasted dribbles.

She looks to be a Good FT shooter. which should prove to be a real x-factor in her career... since she is such a LOAD attacking paint, rim.. and should draw Fouls consistently with her aggressive, physical style.
She certainly seems to have a comfortability with contact... and the capacity to finish through contact.

Defensively.. she seems to have the requisite appetite, activity level, competitive Pride & Toughness to be a very competent Defender moving forward. She, like 95% of talented h.s. kids,, just needs college level training on that end. She also should be an Above Avg / very good Rebounder for a 2G / Wing

She doesn't appear to be an expressive competitor, teammate supporter on the level of her buddy Lexi Gordon... but she displays a smoldering internal Fire. I could consistently see it in her face, eyes. But she will show emotion here or there. There is definitely an internal "edge" to her on court presence. Appears ver competitive & driven.

I have said prior ... that a year from now, I could definitely envision Christyn taking on a very similar profile
( game / skills, physical presence, mental intangibles, consistent dominant impact, Efficiency ! ) that are currently on display from Megan Walker.

Reaction Score
CHRISTYN WILLIAMS : my 1st time seeing her live... after seeing a good bit of film
I have said prior ... that a year from now, I could definitely envision Christyn taking on a very similar profile
( game / skills, physical presence, mental intangibles, consistent dominant impact, Efficiency ! ) that are currently on display from Megan Walker.

Appreciate that analysis...................now just have to hope that CW is the CT lean I think she is...................would love to hear what you think about the post players you saw down there............UConn clearly is looking for their next great post player...........is that Charli Collier? Frankly I'm not sure.....................your thoughts on her or any other bigs that impressed you would be appreciated

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Charliebball - Charli & Sedona Prince are 2 legit candidates

Reaction Score
Charliebball - Charli & Sedona Prince are 2 legit candidates

They are both Texas girls right?................what are the odds of getting either of them to come North?..........Baylor and Texas seem to have more post players then they know what to do with so I guess that is a positive............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom