Our future basketball schedules | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our future basketball schedules

Reaction Score
When we win our next national championship in the new Big East, will it be considered our third NC in three separate conferences? Would have a nice ring to it.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Cincinnati ( maybe a home and home) given the special rivalry we’ve developed with them. I think it would be good for both schools and fans

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Lighten up Francis. This is why the Big East wants us. We bring a little swagger, even when we are down.

Glad about the home and home. Living 20 minutes from the Dunk, I always go to the away game there. Never easy, lost to a lot of mediocre PC teams there over the years.

Reaction Score
One small thing that some of you have probably forgotten is that we get one more perk of joining the Big East; we play in the Big12 and B1G challenges every year.

Our schedules are going to be sweet.

20 Big East games
Big 12 team (Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, or West Virginia)
Big 10 team (Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan or Ohio State)
Syracuse (most years)
3-team tournament
One more big school (Arizona, Oregon, Tennessee)
4 local creampuffs (Yale, Harvard, Quinnipiac, Vermont)

We are going to have a top 10 SOS almost every year, and 18 wins will probably get us in to the tournament most years. 18 wins wouldn't get us into the NIT out of the AAC. We would need 23-24 wins just to get to the tournament. This move was the right move. We needed to get basketball right. Football will sort itself out. Big 10 schools and ACC schools schedule home and homes with us (Duke just did a week ago).
UVM, Yale, Harvard are cream puffs?

Reaction Score
Given what happened with the old boneyard, I’d say you’re all a bunch of d bags

Reaction Score
One small thing that some of you have probably forgotten is that we get one more perk of joining the Big East; we play in the Big12 and B1G challenges every year.

Our schedules are going to be sweet.

20 Big East games
Big 12 team (Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, or West Virginia)
Big 10 team (Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan or Ohio State)
Syracuse (most years)
3-team tournament
One more big school (Arizona, Oregon, Tennessee)
4 local creampuffs (Yale, Harvard, Quinnipiac, Vermont)

We are going to have a top 10 SOS almost every year, and 18 wins will probably get us in to the tournament most years. 18 wins wouldn't get us into the NIT out of the AAC. We would need 23-24 wins just to get to the tournament. This move was the right move. We needed to get basketball right. Football will sort itself out. Big 10 schools and ACC schools schedule home and homes with us (Duke just did a week ago).

It'll be refreshing to know that 26-10 won't get us a 7 seed..... I think

Reaction Score
It'll be refreshing to know that 26-10 won't get us a 7 seed..... I think
26-10 in the big east (i'm assuming that means we have a good amount of quality wins) would probably land us on the 4/5 line depending on what the W/L looked like. The Big East is a much much much stronger basketball conference in the eyes on the committee (and in every metric across the board)

Nova went 25-9 this past season and got a 6 seed in statistically the weakest year for the Big East since the C7 split off. On the other hand, Cincinnatti went 28-6 in the best year ever for the AAC, and got a 7 seed. In the exact same region. Lol

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Yours. Spare the kids the lunacy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member