Our First (or Third) Name | The Boneyard

Our First (or Third) Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
UConn: Sources tell us Buffalo quarterbacks coach / recruiting coordinator Don Patterson will join Bob Diaco's staff at UConn.

If you beat them, join them.

Reaction Score
Does he come is as qb coach or receivers coach? As ask because of the Chuck Long rumors. Patterson also has the HC experience that was listed on the ah coach posting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope coach D knows what he's doing. Hope this isn't the OC hire. On the back nine of his career 63 years old (eyebrows raised). buffalo 83rd in total offense this year, 77nd last year. I do like the West Point background.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing this rumor will not play out. We can do much better and deserve much better than this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Curious as to this too. Don't see him coming in as the OC, so it's weird to hear a position coach being named before the coordinator is named. Especially if he is the QB coach.

Reaction Score
Curious as to this too. Don't see him coming in as the OC, so it's weird to hear a position coach being named before the coordinator is named. Especially if he is the QB coach.

Nobody has been "named". This is just another rumor. Named is when the news comes from UConn.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I believe the OC has already been hired though. This is just the first coach's name leaked and I'm guessing this is our QB coach. I'm sure the Mystery OC had to sign off.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if he could be coming in as DOFO or Director of Player Personnel...

Reaction Score
Just tweeted John Silver saying I consider it a rumor because of all the mis-info put out by them during HC search. He tweeted me back saying it is comfirmed that Patterson is joining the staff. He thinks possibly as Assoc. HC.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nobody has been "named". This is just another rumor. Named is when the news comes from UConn.
I believe the OC has already been hired though. This is just the first coach's name leaked and I'm guessing this is our QB coach. I'm sure the Mystery OC had to sign off.

I agree that it's not official. I'm just surprised there's any chatter about position coaches without the coordinators being in place.

And I think both coordinators have been identified and they're just dotting I's and crossing T's.

Reaction Score
Just tweeted John Silver saying I consider it a rumor because of all the mis-info put out by them during HC search. He tweeted me back saying it is comfirmed that Patterson is joining the staff. He thinks possibly as Assoc. HC.

Associate HC means what responsibilities for our situation? Doesn't that sometimes include being a position coach? Just hope the guy is in good health if true. Too old for OC imo. Been there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Associate HC means what responsibilities for our situation? Doesn't that sometimes include being a position coach? Just hope the guy is in good health if true. Too old for OC imo. Been there.

Think George Blaney. Probably the QB coach as well as Associate HC. Being a HC for 10 years gives Diaco a person who knows all the nuances of being a HC. Works for me.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Think George Blaney. Probably the QB coach as well as Associate HC. Being a HC for 10 years gives Diaco a person who knows all the nuances of being a HC. Works for me.

Think Coach Luther. Ummmm
No

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Everyone hating has to relax. This will all play out fine. I think the staff that is being put together by coach D is going to be a shocking one as he pulls in quality names not big names. He is going to ge great teachers, recruiters and it is going to be overall a young staff. Just waiting until bowl games are over.

Reaction Score
Everyone hating has to relax. This will all play out fine. I think the staff that is being put together by coach D is going to be a shocking one as he pulls in quality names not big names. He is going to ge great teachers, recruiters and it is going to be overall a young staff. Just waiting until bowl games are over.
Tough to evaluate an individual naming of a coach without looking at the staff in totality to see what we have

Reaction Score
Anyone knocking this is crazy. This guy has an excellent resume for our QB coach/Associate head coach. Much better than Chuck Long's resume, this guy was a winner as a head coach. West Point grads probably know a thing or two about leadership.

"One of the Missouri Valley Football Conference's all-time winningest coaches, Patterson guided the Fighting Leathernecks to three playoff berths, a pair of conference titles and a No. 1 national ranking. He amassed an overall record of 63-47 and coached five of the top eight offensive teams in school history. In addition, Patterson coached eight conference players of the year."

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I like the Blaney analogy. Diaco needs someone on his staff who will tell him the truth. Someone who he respects.

Reaction Score
Hope coach D knows what he's doing. Hope this isn't the OC hire. On the back nine of his career 63 years old (eyebrows raised). buffalo 83rd in total offense this year, 77nd last year. I do like the West Point background.

You're also a time vampire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01