Other American Bowl Games (Every Game But UConn) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Other American Bowl Games (Every Game But UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprised no one in this thread mentioned the rain tonight.

Plenty of it. Changes things.

Reaction Score
Toledo was the better team. Every power ranking index/rating system (sagarin, espn fpi ratings, etc) had Toledo rated higher. Temple wasnt going to stop Toledos ground attack and Toledo's defense is stout ranked 31st in nation for defensive efficiency vs. Temple 19th.

Toledo beat Arkansas and Arkansas St this year along with Iowa St. They only lost to NIU (choked that game away) and Western Michigan. Toledo is a very good team.

Temple isn't a true passing team and the conditions didnt help them today.

Reaction Score
You're right. They should've been running wind sprints all afternoon instead of that pesky community service.
The community service is part of the bowl experience but seeing how the AAC is now 0-2 for bowl wins so far you would think that the mindset for the rest of the week would be on how to not lay another egg and beat Marshal. You would think there would be a laser like focus on that task and I'm sure there will be.

Reaction Score
Toledo is a very good team. The difference between them and Temple is razor thin. This was not a good draw for Temple. Add in the two injuries in the Temple's secondary, the rain, maybe some overconfidence by some of the players, and you get a matchup nightmare for Temple. I hate playing those MAC teams. You get no credit beating them, and yet they are very tough to beat. I am very happy we didn't get Toledo in our bowl game. Their d line would have had a field day against us.

Reaction Score
Toledo is better than Temple. Once they got Kareem Hunt rolling during the season, they were tough to beat.

With that said, we really need the aac to win some bowl games here.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Given that Temple has 26 seniors leaving the program, after only 1 decent season in memory- I'm actually really suprised that Matt Rhule didn't leave for greener pastures? I mean he had offers from other schools. I'm sure he was considered for the Cuse job, and probably the Virginia job before they got Bronco from BYU.

Reaction Score
Toledo and WKU both very good teams from a good G5 conference. Both beat P-5 teams this year.......and the conference has teams with a decent history of being competitive in and outside league games.....win or lose.

I don't think we should declare the AAC the best G5 conference based on one good year.......last year was not as good. And no doubt about it, this year was quite good . AAC needs a historical perspective before declaring itself king of G5, or a possible P6 conference. Let's see if the AAC can continue its success next year.......plenty of opportunities to stay relevant.....or not.

Marshall can score a lot and has a defense probably comparable to the best of the AAC. We all remember how Doc Holiday had WVU at the top of the BE for years before he left to become a head man at Marshall.

I'm not too confident about the game on Saturday.

10-14 points will not win it for UConn.

Reaction Score
The community service is part of the bowl experience but seeing how the AAC is now 0-2 for bowl wins so far you would think that the mindset for the rest of the week would be on how to not lay another egg and beat Marshal. You would think there would be a laser like focus on that task and I'm sure there will be.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that neither their focus nor preparation will differ one bit because of the results from the AAC's first 2 bowl games.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that neither their focus nor preparation will differ one bit because of the results from the AAC's first 2 bowl games.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that your going to try and pick a fight because you have nothing better to do.

Reaction Score
Temple was atrocious. They didn't even look like the same players we saw. Clearly they were checked out after a great season and uninspired with being paired with Toledo. Toledo and WKU are quality teams, but the AAC has to do better. Right now the conference is justifying its gloried MAC level conference perception. Hope they get it turned around.

Reaction Score
Bowl games are notoriously unpredictable. I think it is especially true for the "2nd place" team. A combination of disappointment, a big step down both contribute. Temple was playing for a BCS game 2weeks ago and ended up playing Toledo. Plus some coaches don't really ever figure out how to balance the "reward" aspects of a bowl game with the need to prepare to win. Even greats like Bear Bryant talked about that problem. Finally in this day and age when coaches leave before the bowls it is a major disruption. Now neither Rhule nor USFs guy left but both were being "recruited" which is at least a distraction for both coach and player.

Reaction Score
Cincy gives up 6 on opening kickoff. Down 14 zip halfway through 1.

Reaction Score
I'm not too confident about the game on Saturday.

Not sure why. We have the superior talent. We want it more. We will be the more energetic team. Newsome will set a St. Pete Bowl rushing record. We'll win the game and ESPN talking heads will say our future is as bright as any team in college football. Diaco will impress. Our band will be better. Our fans will be louder. You have to believe before you can achieve. Break out of your confidence funk and get on the freaking train!

Reaction Score
Not sure why. We have the superior talent. We want it more. We will be the more energetic team. Newsome will set a St. Pete Bowl rushing record. We'll win the game and ESPN talking heads will say our future is as bright as any team in college football. Diaco will impress. Our band will be better. Our fans will be louder. You have to believe before you can achieve. Break out of your confidence funk and get on the freaking train!

Thank God you don't drink much. ;). Enjoy the game and be loud.

Reaction Score
Cincy down 21-0. The AAC's been a no-show so far to these bowl games.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This is really bad. Need the American to start turning it around with UConn on Saturday

Reaction Score
Nostical said:

And if not? Blame the coaches.

Reaction Score
Cincy down 42-0. Why can't they play half this bad against us? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As opposed to just stating the obvious -- the AAC is awful. Bad football and basketball teams who play other bad football and basketball teams.

Bowl games are notoriously unpredictable. I think it is especially true for the "2nd place" team. A combination of disappointment, a big step down both contribute. Temple was playing for a BCS game 2weeks ago and ended up playing Toledo. Plus some coaches don't really ever figure out how to balance the "reward" aspects of a bowl game with the need to prepare to win. Even greats like Bear Bryant talked about that problem. Finally in this day and age when coaches leave before the bowls it is a major disruption. Now neither Rhule nor USFs guy left but both were being "recruited" which is at least a distraction for both coach and player.

Reaction Score
Cincy down 42-0. Why can't they play half this bad against us? :rolleyes:
1. Because they cared
2. They needed the energy of their home crowd
3. We played a soft zone

Reaction Score
1. Because they cared
2. They needed the energy of their home crowd
3. We played a soft zone

Not saying you're wrong (especially about 2 & 3), but why care about our game and not their bowl game? They completely phoned it in last night. The lack of effort by the AAC teams this week has been atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom