OT: Zach Brown arrested again | The Boneyard

OT: Zach Brown arrested again

Reaction Score
Ollie knew there was something rewlly wrong and smartly cut him loose. Kid has run out of second chances, sad.

You said it, Donald trump's twitter

Has to be pretty hard to steal and get away with it when you're 7' tall, come on man

Reaction Score
I think he suffers from some mental issues. His decisions don't make any sense

Reaction Score
Robbing a Walgreens? Agreed with @AntG168 there's gotta be something going on with him that hasn't been diagnosed...I'm no social worker but this would appear to transcend emotional instability.

Basketball is the least of my concerns at this point. I just hope he can stay out of jail and get his life back on track.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cutting ties with him was a fairly easy decision - once he was thrown out of Putnam, his chances of qualifying academically were basically zero. Even before factoring in his habit of punching every third person he meets in the face, he wasn't a viable prospect at that time.

I don't know what St. John's was thinking. Forgetting academics, they took him after the first felony....how did they think this would end?

Reaction Score
Robbing a Walgreens? Agreed with @AntG168 there's gotta be something going on with him that hasn't been diagnosed...I'm no social worker but this would appear to transcend emotional instability.

Basketball is the least of my concerns at this point. I just hope he can stay out of jail and get his life back on track.
Not ssying there isn't something underlying that is wrong with him, but he also grew up in a horrible situation from what I know, based on the video and his story. No excuses, just not a good environment for the kid.

Reaction Score
Kid needs to go to school in Montana or somewhere far far away. Its getting ugly quick and he needs help. Basketball should not be the priority.

Reaction Score
You said it, Donald trump's twitter

Has to be pretty hard to steal and get away with it when you're 7' tall, come on man

Spot on. Sort of like after laptopgate, and the computer being fenced. The police asked the pawn shop owner if he could describe any of the people who had brought in the computer. The owner said "well, one of them was AJ Price."

Only the young man has the power to take control of his life and select the path he wants to be on. But if anyone was still questioning KO or the school for cutting ties, ....

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Basketball is probably the only thing keeping him out of being in even deeper trouble, so maybe it is a priority?

Reaction Score
But if anyone was still questioning KO or the school for cutting ties, ....

Nope. I criticize KO for his coaching and player development, but he handled the Zach Brown situation exactly right from the beginning.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I really feel for this guy
Doesn't seem like he has been given any proper direction at all
I don't care if he didn't come to UConn - it was a God send that he didn't
BUT maybe this is a cry for help
Basketball is the least of his worries

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nope. I criticize KO for his coaching and player development, but he handled the Zach Brown situation exactly right from the beginning.
But you conveniently omit Zach Brown in your discussions when you criticize the recruiting classes not being up to speck.

Reaction Score
I know when he visited at the XL Center shortly before he committed, there was a really odd-looking character following him around.

Reaction Score
But you conveniently omit Zach Brown in your discussions when you criticize the recruiting classes not being up to speck.
If the guardian really wanted to be looked at as the male version of the Sandra Bullock character in the Blind Side, then he needed to shut down Zach's basketball career a while ago. A 7 feet+ and with some apparent talent, he easily could've taken a year to find himself as a person and basketball would've embraced his return. Instead, he just talks about making a big mistake, but there are no
not sure. The guy looked like Carnival Folk.

Small hands... smell like cabbage?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom