OT, YouTube TV price increase | The Boneyard

OT, YouTube TV price increase

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
In a notice to customers, YouTube TV said, “As content costs have risen and we continue to invest in our quality of service, we’ll be adjusting our monthly cost, after 3 years, from $64.99/mo to $72.99/mo, in order to bring you the best possible TV service.” New subscribers to YouTube TV will see the higher price effective Thursday (March 16), and existing members will see the price hike on their first monthly bill on or after April 18.

The price hike comes after YouTube TV dropped MLB Network from its lineup

This is unreal and will be looking for options. But if it's anything like previous rate increases, when 1 raises its price, they all do.

Reaction Score
That sux. I’ll be dropping them as soon as the tournament is over. I may be looking for another streaming solution next year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
But they lowered the monthly cost for 4k services. :eek:
So I wonder if they are still offering minimal (to be nice) 4k programming.

Reaction Score
Yeah, just got the email myself. I was paying $50 two years ago, now up to $72....

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
In a notice to customers, YouTube TV said, “As content costs have risen and we continue to invest in our quality of service, we’ll be adjusting our monthly cost, after 3 years, from $64.99/mo to $72.99/mo, in order to bring you the best possible TV service.” New subscribers to YouTube TV will see the higher price effective Thursday (March 16), and existing members will see the price hike on their first monthly bill on or after April 18.

The price hike comes after YouTube TV dropped MLB Network from its lineup

This is unreal and will be looking for options. But if it's anything like previous rate increases, when 1 raises its price, they all do.
I don't know of a single service that has not either raised prices, reduced programming, or both. I do not know the answer, but our "entertainment" bill grows like kudzu!

Reaction Score
I put this reply to another thread " Cord-Cutters" on the Boneyard earlier.

Just checked my email as well, and also received the price increase notice from YouTube TV. Luckily I will cancel my subscription on my next billing cycle on the 18th of month, since it will carry me through the Final Four. I have been cancelling and pick up again in Nov as Basketball season starts again.

Reaction Score
I have tried Hulu+(no ads), Fubo, Direct TV/ATT, and YouTube TV. For sports Fubo was the best option, for HD content they were really good too and the price was competitive. Hulu+ was my least favorite. I paid for no ads yest still had to watch them on DVR content which was way annoying. It did have a lot of good viewing but still not worth it to me. Direct/ATT was too expensive but the quality of the service was pretty good. One thing I noticed with them was the mouth and the video got out of synch a lot. YouTube was my wife's favorite so that is the one we currently have and it has been pretty good. It could include HD programming and improve the controls on the DVR a little but for half of what I paid for cable I can live with it.

Reaction Score
LOL. Like this was never going to become the same outrageous cost as the cable networks! Just another bait and switch game.
1970's cable tv monster - Bing video
It really was destined to eventually become just like cable, unfortunately.

At least with Hulu live TV I can turn it on and off at will and don’t have to do any of the equipment nonsense. As soon as the tourney is over then I am saying bye to my $69/mo subscription until next season.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Thats funny, I've been paying 69.99 the last year, so only a 3 buck jump for me. Was I being over billed? LOL, what hoot.

Reaction Score
Thats funny, I've been paying 69.99 the last year, so only a 3 buck jump for me. Was I being over billed? LOL, what hoot.
I also am paying $69.12 with CT taxes. The base price is $64.99/month.

YouTube don't want to tell you "+ taxes" where in reality that increase to $72.99 will ultimately be $77.62/month after CT taxes.

Reaction Score
show me 1 thing that has not gone up? Rich im not but 5 bucks i heard less moaning about season ticket prices. just sayin Go Huskies

Reaction Score
I also am paying $69.12 with CT taxes. The base price is $64.99/month.

YouTube don't want to tell you "+ taxes" where in reality that increase to $72.99 will ultimately be $77.62/month after CT taxes.

CT charges taxes? Indiana doesn't. I just pay 64.99 for it.

That sucks.

Reaction Score
I live in a 55 and over community where the management pays for internet. Lucky me. Of course, rent goes up six per cent every year.

Reaction Score
It really was destined to eventually become just like cable, unfortunately.

At least with Hulu live TV I can turn it on and off at will and don’t have to do any of the equipment nonsense. As soon as the tourney is over then I am saying bye to my $69/mo subscription until next season.
YTTV is the same. No equipment no contracts.

Reaction Score
Frankly, it is worth it if you are either a men's or women's basketball fan.

Reaction Score
I put this reply to another thread " Cord-Cutters" on the Boneyard earlier.

Just checked my email as well, and also received the price increase notice from YouTube TV. Luckily I will cancel my subscription on my next billing cycle on the 18th of month, since it will carry me through the Final Four. I have been cancelling and pick up again in Nov as Basketball season starts again.

Sounds like a plan.

Reaction Score
I'm rethinking the staying with cable myself, price increase is one thing, but there's another factor. As a prelude, I used to get Sirius FM with car I bought in 2019, kept renewing it, finally just stopped even with all the offers from them to keep at a lower price. There's enough radio on to entertain without Sirius, but I also have been enjoying peace of not listening to anything sometimes. I may not have saved much money, but quality of life seems calmer and, frankly, better.

With cable, we lost power for a day with Tuesday's snow storm. So, no TV- I had to read a book. It was nice. Typical tv watching for us includes too much news info, the headline news just repeats and my angst at the horrible state of the world just builds. Even watching a series is a problem as they extend forever and at the end, is it really worth all the hours devoted to watching them? Our cable bill (includes Internet) is around $200 per month. Maybe going without would be nice. If I do, then I just have to figure out the sports (if I want to see them live).

Reaction Score
Wonder if there'll ever be an option to just buy the UCONN Women games?
I wish I could just pay to only watch all UConn sports. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy being able to watch other big games (in other sports) too but I would happily pay to JUST watch UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom