OT - worst song ever | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - worst song ever

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just down, or at all? Clarify your position on this immediately! ;)
Up, down, sideways and any and every angle in between. No (b)pun intend.

Reaction Score
As someone who lived through the 70s and lived to tell the tale, the choices for worst song are endless. “Disco Duck,” “Afternoon Delight,”—the list goes on and on. La Ross simply does not measure up—or down. The worst song of that, or any, decade is “You’re Having My Baby” by Paul Anka. It has the special added bonus of being extremely sexist in addition to sounding like elevator/cruise ship/doctor’s office music. Just my $0.02. Thanks for letting me share.

I grew up in the 1970s and I absolutely agree with you. Those 3 have to be among the worst ever.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm gonna hold! My guy left Debbie Reynolds and Princess Leia! What a dufus! Even my dad hated the frickin' song! :p
Now the man Eddie Fisher, yeah, dirtball. Left his family, the crumb. He actually paraded Liz Taylor around his estranged and yet to be divorced wife Debbie. But he got his screw turned when Liz, "The love of (my) his life" dumped him quick for Richard Burton. His career fast faded to the back of the sock drawer. I thought the real shame of it was when Carrie kept his last name. But he was her daddy and she loved him to the end.

Reaction Score
In my opinion the worst songs I have ever heard are Sugar Sugar by the Archies. totally inane song of nonsense. Chewy chewy by Ohio Express..another mindless concoction of stupidity and stupid lyrics. You Were On My Mind by We Five. totally stupid lyrics with little meaning. The bubble gum songs were a total joke.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Interesting what criteria people are using for worst song. For many it seems to be vapid lyrics. For me it's more about how it sounds. If someone just can't sing, I don't want to hear it.

Or in the case of the first thing I threw out there (2 Live Crew), combination of both. Sounds terrible and gross, filthy lyrics.

gipke1

LMULionFan
Reaction Score
You see!? There me and my wife were having a great time and someone just HAD to go and sing the KARAOKE version of this SONG!!!!

I WILL (won't) SURVIVE!!!

We're paying the tab before someone sings "Call TYRONE!!"
6695FDE3-1343-4BB2-A5B9-9EC9431E5A5A.jpeg

gipke1

LMULionFan
Reaction Score
I grew up in the 1970s and I absolutely agree with you. Those 3 have to be among the worst ever.

But I could almost give DISCO DUCK a PASS because I Rick Dees KNEW it was bad. It was kind of a ironic, parody on how much the commercial music industry had colluded together to treat absolute garbage as artistic expression. Kinda like most "modern" or "abstract" art. I mean c'mon a bunch of petrified cadavers, incinerated pieces of lumber or a hundred street lamps piled on top of each other is NOT meaningfully expressive.

All of this I have seen at the Los Angeles County Museum of "Art".

Oh, and by the way...concerning Disco , Duck I said "ALMOST"

Reaction Score
But I could almost give DISCO DUCK a PASS because I Rick Dees KNEW it was bad. It was kind of a ironic, parody on how much the commercial music industry had colluded together to treat absolute garbage as artistic expression. Kinda like most "modern" or "abstract" art. I mean c'mon a bunch of petrified cadavers, incinerated pieces of lumber or a hundred street lamps piled on top of each other is NOT meaningfully expressive.

All of this I have seen at the Los Angeles County Museum of "Art".

Oh, and by the way...concerning Disco , Duck I said "ALMOST"

"Hey Mama Shake a Tailfeather..kehkehkehkkehkeh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom