OT: World Cup | Page 52 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jozy not starting. Will be surprised to see him today. Bummer.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kompany and Fellaini both starting.

Rotten luck so far.

Hopefully they both go down and Belgium has to burn two subs.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Jozy not starting. Will be surprised to see him today. Bummer.
Jozy tore his hamstring about 13 days and 20 hours ago. I'll bet he can walk without a limp, but it still grabs at him in anything more than a jog. I assume he is hesitant to open it up his throttle.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Jozy tore his hamstring about 13 days and 20 hours ago. I'll bet he can walk without a limp, but it still grabs at him in anything more than a jog. I assume he is hesitant to open it up his throttle.

Doctors did clear him to play though.

I'm thinking this is klinnsman not wanting to be forced into an early sub.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Doctors did clear him to play though.

I'm thinking this is klinnsman not wanting to be forced into an early sub.
Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
JK going with a new 4-3-3 formation. Before up op on the wing no Beckerman.

Interesting.

Reaction Score
I like Allagash and Ommegang, can't say I have tried the others. I'll put them on the list. I do like a Belgian ale though, give me a Chimay and I'm a pretty happy guy.

I'm going with Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale.

At 9.7 ABV, the USMT will be responsible for whatever happens this afternoon.

Reaction Score
JK going with a new 4-3-3 formation. Before up op on the wing no Beckerman.

Interesting.

So GC in the midfield?!

Cameron and Gonzalez starting. I remember Cameron pushing the ball up well in qualifying, so maybe that's what Klinsmann is going for today. To be honest, I think Cameron for Beckerman brings more offense and more than adequate defending.

We'll see how it goes!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Cameron and Gonzalez starting. I remember Cameron pushing the ball up well in qualifying, so maybe that's what Klinsmann is going for today. To be honest, I think Cameron for Beckerman brings more offense and more than adequate defending.

We'll see how it goes!

Johnson has been so dangerous on the wing this cup, but I like him playing on the back right with Cameron in front of him. He's fit good speed and height... And more importantly, I don't trust Cameron in the back.

Reaction Score
Johnson has been so dangerous on the wing this cup, but I like him playing on the back right with Cameron in front of him. He's fit good speed and height... And more importantly, I don't trust Cameron in the back.

Johnson is playing forward??

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Johnson is playing forward??

I think you read that backwards!

If we can just tighten up that D we should be alright.

Sucks we lost Johnson, but yedlin looks awesome. So many great runs down the wing. Game changed when he went in. Would have loved to have seen Johnson and yedlin playing at the same time.

Zuni looks terrible. Look for a sub there at some point

Reaction Score
Gotta do a better job retaining possession in the midfield. Fortunate 0-0 given all the Belgian chances in the 1st half. But we've still got a puncher's chance, goddammit.

Reaction Score
Belgium seems to be much better. Could easily be 5-0. Ah well. Get em (x4) next year.

Reaction Score
Not sure why the last 10 minutes of OT we looked like world beaters given the fact that the first 90 minutes of the game we seemed to be content to play defense. If Howard doesn't have a GREAT game, we could have lost by much more.

Great effort at the end. Fun to support them. We're at the hump - just not quite over it.

Reaction Score
Not sure why the last 10 minutes of OT we looked like world beaters given the fact that the first 90 minutes of the game we seemed to be content to play defense. If Howard doesn't have a GREAT game, we could have lost by much more.

Great effort at the end. Fun to support them. We're at the hump - just not quite over it.

Agree- valiant effort and Howard was amazing.

I think the reason why the US looked good in the 2nd OT was because Belgium was gassed and Greene's goal gave us a huge lift.

Belgium deserved the win, but the US could've taken this game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
15 saves. Wow. Howard did not deserve to lose, but neither did Belgium.

Reaction Score
15 saves. Wow. Howard did not deserve to lose, but neither did Belgium.

I was thinking the same thing about Howard- the guy is an ultimate warrior.

Reaction Score
All of this wouldn't matter if he dropped kick that little guy in with 1 minute left………….

I'm afraid though that Argentina would've scored 10 goals today with belgiums chances

Reaction Score

Definitely at the hump. But we have made great progress. It was not long ago, just making it to the WC was an achievement. Going forward, I think anything less than the knockout stage will be a disappointment. We are setting the bar higher and higher, which is the only way you can achieve the ultimate goal. Very upset about the loss, but we have some great players to build for the future. Why couldn't Wondo finish that???? Cameron was great, Beasley, and Howard, along with a few others, IMO. Some others not so much. Both teams deserved something; the USA for its spirit, and ability to punch back when under constant bombardment, and Belgium for its determination to back-up their quality by doing enough to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom