OT Women's Gold Medal Hockey Game | The Boneyard

OT Women's Gold Medal Hockey Game

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is easily the best the 2018 Games have to offer as far as competitive sports go.

Canada up 2-1 in the third as a +160 dog.

The first game was actually better than this one so far but should be a good 18 minutes.

NBCSN for those that have a television set.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
USA has only capitalized on one out of five power plays.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Great goal by Monique Lamoreaux to tie it up. Last 6 minutes will be crazy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Shootout was pretty good. I just don’t get how you let a shootout determine your winner.

Reaction Score
Never thought I'd ever be so entertained by a women's hockey game. Hate to see such a game end in a shoot out. Least USA prevailed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed. Keep playing overtime periods until someone scores.

What’s the worst that happens? The Islanders and Caps play past the Easter Bunny?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If I were king, those Canadians would have a bitch of a time getting back into America to head back to college.

You know what the problem is with your visa? I cancelled it!

Also, I thought Ellen Page was excellent in goal.

Reaction Score
The shoot-out is awful but the fact that the U.S. was clearly the superior team in overtime makes it easier to swallow.

What will never cease to amaze me is the amount of people who are not rabid hockey fans who stayed up to watch this long into the night. To say the NHL blew it by not giving themselves the opportunity this type of exposure in our country is an understatement of massive proportions.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The shoot-out is awful but the fact that the U.S. was clearly the superior team in overtime makes it easier to swallow.

What will never cease to amaze me is the amount of people who are not rabid hockey fans who stayed up to watch this long into the night. To say the NHL blew it by not giving themselves the opportunity this type of exposure in our country is an understatement of massive proportions.

Yes that dumb NHL not playing their games at 2AM EST.

At that hour it’s still yesterday in Edmonton!

Reaction Score
This is easily the best the 2018 Games have to offer as far as competitive sports go.

Canada up 2-1 in the third as a +160 dog.

The first game was actually better than this one so far but should be a good 18 minutes.

NBCSN for those that have a television set.
Great game but doesn't compare to my all time favorite: Ice Dancing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought I was the only idiot who stayed up to watch this. It was great game. USA really turned up the pressure at the end of OT.

@Marat I kind of get it. You end of on a loss to get the silver in hockey. That's tough especially playing for a team that has won gold for what, the last four olympics?

Reaction Score
The US has now stopped the last two countries going for 5 straight gold medals in hockey!
Do you believe in miracles? 38 years to the day since the US devastated the Red Army Russkies 4-3 in 1980's Olympics semi-final. Then, beat Finland 4-2 for the gold medal.

After the Canucks' won 4 straight women's golds, a great win for the US women. However, women's hockey has only 2 consistently top teams and the third best nation rotates among opponents typically not close to the US and Canada. In 2014's gold medal game, the US women outplayed Canada as well. The better overall team just won at Sochi; similarly the better team won last night in PyeongChang. Big time redemption; nothing close to a miracle!

USA USA USA!

Reaction Score
Yes that dumb NHL not playing their games at 2AM EST. At that hour it’s still yesterday in Edmonton!
In Edmonton, is it really still yesterday at 2AM EST? Do your programmers agree? Our military and ISO standards know the answer. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom