OT: What hobby keeps you busy ? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: What hobby keeps you busy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When I retire, I plan on tasting every craft beer in the US. That will keep me busy

Why wait until then? According to Untappd, I've tried 675 unique beers in the last 3 years or so.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For me it's golf, drinking/tying new craft beers, but I'm not retired yet. I'd really love to get into skeet and trap shooting, and bought a shotgun, but I haven't had the time and feel like I need a teacher/buddy to get me started. Tried learning guitar and failed. Anyone want to buy a guitar?

Reaction Score
Tried learning guitar and failed. Anyone want to buy a guitar?
If it's a Gretsch Electromatic 5120 black with a white pick guard I might. Like Malcolm Gladwell said it takes 10,000 hours to get good at it. I've been playing since '68 and I'm getting there.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I have kids. No time for hobbies...Is cleaning my car a hobby?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm a bit embarrassed for this board. Three pages in and no one has mentioned masturbation.
I was going to say Internet p0rn but it doesn't take up much of my time, just 5 minutes here and there.

Reaction Score
If you heat with wood, firewood is a hobby. The search for wood, where are the tree crews cutting and can you beat the other wood ticks to the supply? Good exercise, you are outside a lot and the wife is happy when you bring in wood before a big winter storm.

Reaction Score
I looked into volunteering at a rescue shelter, but I'm told it can be a bit depressing connecting with animals that may ultimately be euthanized.

I foster dogs for a small local rescue until we get them adopted. Takes some work but it's pretty cool. We pull them from the local shelters, get them checked out at the vet, then I do what I can to get them ready to be adopted. I'm sure you have some in your area. If you can't foster, there are other ways to help (centered mostly around fundraising).
Plus, a dog should be able to get rid of your groundhog. P>)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Doh...feeling my post was stinging and downright insensitively horrific, I deleted it. Without knowing you replied.

God, I hate myself.

his reply was hilarious tho.

Reaction Score
I got ripped for this in an earlier thread, but scambaiting is a hobby I have had for years, and in addition to providing hours of enjoyment is a hobby that really helps people. I have not kept track of the scammer bank accounts I have closed down, but I know it is well over 50. In some cases it is the bank account of the scammer, and in other cases it is the bank account of a "mule" being used by the scammer. Visit 419eater.com if you want to learn more. These are crimes that law enforcement really doesn't give a snow about, and if you learn how to bait well you can provide a really valuable service.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I got ripped for this in an earlier thread, but scambaiting is a hobby I have had for years.

I get two or three robocalls a day. I pressed the number, saying I was interested. When I get a call back, it's usually from a local company. I've been filing complaints with the Mass Secretsry of State.

The robocall are just marketing firms. Yesterday's call was for power washing. The marketing firm contacts local companies, and sells the guaranteed referral.

The local companies can't be prosecuted, I'm told, because I did say I was interested. They don't know this, and they've been giving up the telemarketers within minutes.

You're right ... It's getting fun.

Reaction Score
^^^ But these are criminals, and if they have your real life name and address you should stop. Rule #1 is to bait safely, meaning use phony email addresses and names. Rule #2 is see rule #1.

I was interviewed a few years back by a local television station, and during the piece they had the head of the Real Estate bureau on and she said that on average she would get a call a week from someone that was the victim of a rental scam.

Now if you want some real fun try getting one of these scumbuckets to get a tattoo of your church and travel thousands of miles to get money. It's rare, but the really exceptional baiters can get it done. Hell, there was one baiter that got his lad to travel over 11k miles over 5 years. Included in that time was 6 months he spent in an Egyptian jail. This lad was a first class P.O.S. and deserved everything he got and more. Sign up and give it a try Tom. They are a good group of people. They even set up an "Eater University" where you can learn the ABC's of baiting, and you can request an mentor to help you out on your baits.

Reaction Score
e8aef82f-b4ca-42fc-bc3a-fac7f7150b22_400.jpg

Ah, the trusty Target Containment system . . .

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not looking to kill it. Just tap it in the ass to get its attention. I'd use my co2 pistol, but I think that would do a bit more damage than I want.

I'm probably just going to trap it and let it go a few miles away. I have a friend who is always bragging about his garden. Maybe I'll drop it by his house.
Why get rid of it. Just train it to eat your weeds. Takes care of two threads for you.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think your definition of weed is different than mine and boba's.
Talking about the weeds in your grass and not the grass weed is made from.

I've got a rabbit that eats the weeds trying to get into my flower garden. I don't grow "weed" but if I did I'd train him to avoid that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom