OT: Way to go, Westport! | The Boneyard

OT: Way to go, Westport!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the first time ever, the Westport, Connecticut, Little League team is representing New England in the Little League World Series at Williamsport, Pensylvania. Going back some 60 years, Stamford, Norwalk (I think), and Trumbull, Connecticut have previously had the distinction.

Can't wait to see them on TV this Thursday! And against Nashville, Tennessee, no less!

http://tinyurl.com/kj4g68v

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
628x471.jpg

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
For the first time ever, the Westport, Connecticut, Little League team is representing New England in the Little League World Series at Williamsport, Pensylvania. Going back some 60 years, Stamford, Norwalk (I think), and Trumbull, Connecticut have previously had the distinction.

Can't wait to see them on TV this Thursday! And against Nashville, Tennessee, no less!

And my daughter's age group in 1999 I think the yr was from North Branford, I think we were 10-12,000 population at the time, came with in a hair of beating the Mass powerhouse from Middleboro I think that year to represent New England. One of the most exciting summer's ever for me and the town!

Reaction Score

If you are going back 60 years, how could you leave out Windsor Locks (1965 World Champs)?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
My youngest son played in Atlantic regional finals for both Wille Mays(9-10) and Pee Wee Resse(11-12 league(s)(Cheshire Mustangs)...white knuckler time for Oz.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
My youngest son played in Atlantic regional finals for both Wille Mays(9-10) and Pee Wee Resse(11-12 league(s)(Cheshire Mustangs)...white knuckler time for Oz.
Ozzie- when and or where was Morgan when she was quoted with your quote? was it over the summer over seas during a huddle in one of the games? What a great quote---

Reaction Score
Those poor kids. Instead of spending the summer in Saint-Tropez or Nantucket like their friends, they've had to suffer in Bristol and Williamsport.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Ozzie- when and or where was Morgan when she was quoted with your quote? was it over the summer over seas during a huddle in one of the games? What a great quote---

Over the summer...Lithuania

On Edit

Here ya go Geno-i

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2013/07/breanna-stewart-leads-us-to-u-19-title.html

MORGAN TUCK
What was the key to tonight’s victory?
I definitely think it was defense. In the second we only gave up eight points. We really focused on defending them and not letting them score. If they can’t score, they can’t win.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If you are going back 60 years, how could you leave out Windsor Locks (1965 World Champs)?
Simple - I was only thinking of Fairfield County, where I've spent over 80% of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom