OT War Horse - Movie | The Boneyard

OT War Horse - Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Saw War Horse and must say a thoroughly enjoyable movie with both action and touching moments. If you haven't seen it, IMHO its definitely worth seeing.

Are there any movies that you've seen recently that you would recommend?

Reaction Score
I wonder if there are separate awards at the Oscars for best animal performance. That horse had probably the best performance I have ever seen from an animal in a Hollywood movie.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Saw Warhorse. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I went on a $5 day, so yea that was prolly worth it. One a regular day ($10.50 or more) I would wait for DVD. The ending was really, really cheesy.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The "horse" was actually 14 different horses used in the filming.... Saw an interview with Spielberg.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Saw "War Horse" ... pretty good flick. Not Spielberg's best by a long shot, however.

"Super 8" ..... very good flick.

"Descendants" .... pretty good flick with a very nuanced performance from Nan's fav, George Clooney.

"Fast Five" ..... excellent action flick, if that's your cup of tea. Top notch adrenalin rush.

"Columbiana" .... average flick, with a far, FAR above-average leading lady.... (Zoe Saldana...) Ahem. :D

"Bridesmaids" .... downright HILARIOUS flick. Although since I now have the DVD, I find that it was much funnier in the theater, with everyone else laughing along with you.

"The Help" .......very good flick, with a few outstanding performances. I'm rooting for Viola Davis this year for Best Actress. Worried that Glenn Close might get it, though. Not the best movie of all time by any means, but it does get my Gold Star for the year in the Drama category. Very strong story line.

"Drive" ...... excellent in some ways, average in others. EXTREEEEMELY graphic violence, not for everyone. If you like dark, edgy flicks, this is right up your alley.

"Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows" ...... pretty good flick, loads of fun. Great entertainment.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Was that movie based on fact?
It is 'fact' in the sense that the army did seize almost every available horse for use in the war effort.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
hasn't Glenn Close been nominated something like 8 times or so? seems like it's been forever since she's been nominated. i think she must end up winning, and it may be for a role that was not her best as there's years she probably could have or should have won in the past. the trailer looks interesting tho.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Saw Girl With The Dragon Tattoo which was okay.... Not as good as the Swedish original even with sub-titles.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I read in the Wall Street Journal that one of the horses used in this movie is the same one that was in Seabiscuit. He has quite a resume.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203893404577098632229593726.html

I'll have to see it when comes out on HBO. The only movies I get to see in a theater these days are ones that appeal to seven-year olds. (Fortunately, that's not much of a stretch from my preferences anyway.)

On a related note, I'll be seeing Beauty and the Beast in 3D tomorrow night.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Fishy, who are you rooting for
I read in the Wall Street Journal that one of the horses used in this movie is the same one that was in Seabiscuit. He has quite a resume.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203893404577098632229593726.html

I'll have to see it when comes out on HBO. The only movies I get to see in a theater these days are ones that appeal to seven-year olds. (Fortunately, that's not much of a stretch from my preferences anyway.)

On a related note, I'll be seeing Beauty and the Beast in 3D tomorrow night.
Beauty or The Beast?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
hasn't Glenn Close been nominated something like 8 times or so? seems like it's been forever since she's been nominated. i think she must end up winning, and it may be for a role that was not her best as there's years she probably could have or should have won in the past. the trailer looks interesting tho.

Since I'm rooting for Viola Davis, yes, that's what I'm worried about re: GC. She is obviously one of the best actresses in the last 20 years or so, and she hasn't taken home the Oscar yet despite numerous noms. And here she comes with another highly regarded performance. Soooooo.... yeah. They could very well say "It's time." OTOH, "The Help" is probably much more of an Oscar darling in general as a film this year, and Viola Davis was not born yesterday as far as Oscar nominations go either. She has had a couple herself, and has paid some dues. So it should be interesting. (I really hope Meryl Streep doesn't get it, only because she has already won before, and she just got the KC Honors for this year. Shouldn't that be enough?!??! :p )

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows"[/B] ...... pretty good flick, loads of fun. Great entertainment.

I was about 30 minutes into the movie when it hit me that it was directed by Guy Ritchie. I like some of Ritchie's movies - I own the Snatch DVD - but I thought the best part of the first Holmes movie (also directed by Ritchie) was the chemistry and byplay between Jude Law and Morton Downey Jr. In Game of Shadows, Ritchie went more into his bag of tricks with the slow motion and special effects. The movie was good but it's more of an action film than a movie with clever dialog and snappy byplay between the protagonists like the first one.

BTW, still love George but Daniel Craig is looking awfully good.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My wife and I have seen The Descendants, War Horse, Sherlock Holmes enjoying all of the them, and will see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy tomorrow. I am looking forward to Gary Oldman in a role that should fit his acting talents well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Descendants" .... pretty good flick with a very nuanced performance from Nan's fav, George Clooney.

"The Help" .......very good flick, with a few outstanding performances. I'm rooting for Viola Davis this year for Best Actress. Worried that Glenn Close might get it, though. Not the best movie of all time by any means, but it does get my Gold Star for the year in the Drama category. Very strong story line.
Both very good movies. Two of the better ones I've saw last year.

Reaction Score
Saw Girl With The Dragon Tattoo which was okay.... Not as good as the Swedish original even with sub-titles.
Agree that the Swedish version was better, but was suprised at how good the US copy version was. Rooney Mara did a commendable job as Lisbeth. So, will we see two "Made in America" sequels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom