OT: Video Streaming & slingbox | The Boneyard

OT: Video Streaming & slingbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey folks

The cord cutting thread below spurred this post.

I have a vacation house that I use occasionally and am looking for cheaper TV options...

I was thinking about a slingbox and a firestick for my non smart TV so I could just watch my home TV, but have been reading that slingbox now has ads? Is this true if I buy the app, or only if I use the free app?

Is the slingbox my best bet, or am I better off with the Vue service? If slingbox...which model? I can't seem to tell the difference in the literature.

I would like to be able to watch broadcast TV, and Espn, and as many live TV channels as possible.

Thanks as always for any advice

Reaction Score
I have the slingbox app on my phone and Ipad and have no ads. But I bought the app a couple of years ago before they offered the free version. I do get ads when streaming on my computer through a browser.

I have the 500, but probably would be just as happy with the M2. There is really no need for the HDMI connection of the 500 as the video quality of the component connections will be sufficient for streaming. I have Frontier and it was pretty much plug and play. No real issues in the two years I've had it. Its a nice piece of tech.

Reaction Score
I have the slingbox app on my phone and Ipad and have no ads. But I bought the app a couple of years ago before they offered the free version. I do get ads when streaming on my computer through a browser.

I have the 500, but probably would be just as happy with the M2. There is really no need for the HDMI connection of the 500 as the video quality of the component connections will be sufficient for streaming. I have Frontier and it was pretty much plug and play. No real issues in the two years I've had it. Its a nice piece of tech.

Thanks...so if the ads are on the browser I'm not worried about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak