OT: URI head coaching search | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: URI head coaching search

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is a good one... let's say Cox is not the choice at URI. Many think he'll be an HC somewhere else the following year. So, he, and Tate come to UConn this year...and Cox lands a HC gig at some 'lower' school...does Tate keep his word and follow him? Or, is that just a 'this year' threat?

Not sure who's saying this. I'd think he'd do more than 1 year at UCONN. jmo and based on nothing.

Reaction Score
Not sure who's saying this. I'd think he'd do more than 1 year at UCONN. jmo and based on nothing.
The players are clearly just pressuring the AD to hire Cox. But I’m sure the AD will hire who he wants.

Reaction Score
Ok now it’s one of your turn to tweet at their AD asking if he’s going to let 17 year olds make his coaching hires for him. Really stir the pot.
Done and done.
upload_2018-4-2_17-33-8.png

Reaction Score
They aren't in that different of a position than we were a month ago. Are you going to cut off your nose to spite your face? If they don't think Cox is the right choice to be the head man then they have to deal with the loss of the recruiting class. Hiring Cox to save this class, without their AD thinking he's the best coach they could get long-term, would be as dumb as us keeping KO to save our three recruits.

Those tweets validate Cox is a great recruiter.

These tweets say a lot..

It does look like Cox creates quite a bond with his recruits. These tweets lead me to believe Cox is a real deal recruiter and Hurley coaches them up from there. Also looks like URI feels the same way.. Cox gets them but might not be the teacher-X/O’s guy at this point in his career..

Hurley obviously thinks Cox is a important piece to his rebuilding plan to be holding out for him like he has. And now after reading these tweets I am starting to see it myself.

Reaction Score
If Cox was going to be the guy, it would've been announced already.
Could be, but Bjorn Borg's also reportedly communicated no coach would be hired until at least after the Final Four and more recently not sooner than Wed or Thur this week.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can't blame him. Have to make sure that Wright or Beilein aren't interested.

I know, it's such a mind boggling concept. If you've got a guy you like, fight like tooth and nail to sign him ASAP.

What if somebody else becomes interested in the meantime?

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
26a9e823715249.563279e7df783.gif

Might be more than recruits on the line here.. would be a pretty shocking move to go away from Cox here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom