OT: UConn Study On Marijuana (Warning Shocking Results) | The Boneyard

OT: UConn Study On Marijuana (Warning Shocking Results)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It took a "Study" to determine this? Wow.

Friends of mine :rolleyes: from my HS and Navy days use to recreationally partake of the herb and then made many purchases of McDonald's French Fries. Would that be considered junk food?

Reaction Score
I was in my local supermarket at 11:30 pm last Friday night to get some cough medicine for my wife....................I would say at least 75% of the people there were very loudly and happily stocking up on junk food...............I asked the cashier if this was normal and she said yes every Friday and Saturday night after 10 pm the hipster crowd starts to "filter" in.............it was actually quite amusing...........

Reaction Score
I'd wager that over 99% of all studies on the effects of Marijuana have been funded by entities opposed to decriminalization. And if you want those grants you better come up with results that your funding source is looking for. That applies in most any "scientific" study and feasibility study. While this correlation may be valid there are many factors that could be effecting the results.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info, I just invested my 401K in Doritos, Drakes , 7 Nabisco.
Retirement here I come.
Your 401(k) needs to add a significant holding in MJ, a growth ETF which holds 25 US and Canadian cannabis stocks. Also McD, a solid dividend-paying blue chipper which should be a beneficiary of pot legalization.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Heck they could have just asked Payton Manning, his Papa John's pizza businesses sky rocked after the sale of Marijuana was legal in Colorado. He expanded his franchises in the Denver area and gave the credit to the legal sales.

Reaction Score
Your 401(k) needs to add a significant holding in MJ, a growth ETF which holds 25 US and Canadian cannabis stocks. Also McD, a solid dividend-paying blue chipper which should be a beneficiary of pot legalization.

add that to some investment in Canopy Growth Corp. w/ Marta Stewart

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1rhgsd.jpg

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I'd wager that over 99% of all studies on the effects of Marijuana have been funded by entities opposed to decriminalization. And if you want those grants you better come up with results that your funding source is looking for. That applies in most any "scientific" study and feasibility study. While this correlation may be valid there are many factors that could be effecting the results.

That's a great theory. Do you have any supportable facts? Any?

Reaction Score
That's a great theory. Do you have any supportable facts? Any?

Well, I could also ask to see the proof of the opposing POV's but ....

A very close friend used to work in healthcare consulting for a big 5 accounting firm. Did a lot of feasibility studies for hospitals wanting to expand their services which needed approval from the gov. He told me that if he wanted to work and advance in his field he had better report back that the need was there. Hospitals don't hire firms that tell them there is no need.

I submit a lifetime of seeing/reading media reports concluding, among other things that "a new study indicates that marijuana leads to" a) heroin addiction b) impotency c) a criminal life d) sociopathic behavior e) f) g).... I can't recall even one study that concluded that pot is essentially harmless in and of itself. I'd guess that such studies exist but they never saw the light of day. Politicians who project themselves as being "tough on drugs" don't want the NIH to conclude otherwise.

Someone always has to pay for these studies. No one does it for nothing. If you are a bio-medical researcher dependent on grants that come either from the government or from the medical/pharmacutical industry, if you released a study that supports the use of marijuana to treat things that would render a lot of prescription drugs obsolete, or conclude that sanctions on pot use create more trouble than if they were decriminalized you would have a short career as funding went elsewhere. Do you think the DEA would continue to pay for studies that conclude that the DEA is unnecessary?

I'm all in favor of the scientific method buy it's naive to think that these types of studies are conducted in a purely unbiased way.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
UConn Study: Junk Food Purchases Increase after Recreational Marijuana Legalization Link---- UConn Study: Junk Food Purchases Increase after Recreational Marijuana Legalization - UConn Today
I remember a study widly reported about 25 years ago concluding that chocolate releases chemicals in the brain that make you feel good. That weekend on SNL, Dennis Miller cited this study, which found “what every woman already knew.”

As for finding what your funder wants you to find, it certainly happens with drugs, but is exceedingly rare outside of the medical field. Plus, the states (I think about half now) that have legalized medical marijuana, and those that have legalized recreational have looked at medical literature to inform their decisions. If it was all against, this wouldn’t be happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom