OT - UConn starts season 2-0 | The Boneyard

OT - UConn starts season 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I still think if UCONN FB can get to .500 or above the B1G would coming looking! I'd rather B1G than ACC or SEC (SEC would never offer because of TN)! UCONN is better than Rutgers is as an East Coast representative in B1G!

Reaction Score
Two wins against mediocre teams and we're just about going to get an invite to the Big 10? :confused:

Who knew it would be so easy?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Two wins against mediocre teams and we're just about going to get an invite to the Big 10? :confused:

nah its "two wins"

you can say the same about the UConn WBB team early in the season... 8-0 and they're going to the Final Four?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc said:
nah its "two wins" you can say the same about the UConn WBB team early in the season... 8-0 and they're going to the Final Four?
well, after eight games in a WBB season, the Final Four may have a better chance of happening than UConn getting picked up by a power conference. Sadly, UConn has been to 16 Final Fours, whereas being courted by a better conference than the AAC is a far less frequent occurrence.

Despite all of that, I do maintain faith that somehow, some way, UConn will have a home. At least we get to bring UConn to the Carolinas, to Florida, to Texas, etc., in the interim.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
UConn football needs all the wins they can get... bottom line, as many know Football decides who gets in what conference etc (silly as it is for us UConn basketball fans). Football needs the support and calling them mediocre wins doesn't help. Of course we need wins against Alabama and Miami but until then lets enjoy these wins over Nova and Army.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I still think if UCONN FB can get to .500 or above the B1G would coming looking! I'd rather B1G than ACC or SEC (SEC would never offer because of TN)! UCONN is better than Rutgers is as an East Coast representative in B1G!
It's not going to happen for you, UConn's FB program sucks and it's stadium is small, less than 50K and it offers no more access to the NY TV market than Rutgers. Commissioner Delaney said during Media Days that the conference is basically done looking eastward, they're still trying to convince ND that B1G affiliation is a better deal than what they enjoy now and like that woman in the bar that you know you have no shot at when you talk to her, ND says thanks, but no thanks. The B1G is not interested in UConn.

Reaction Score

It's too bad the wins weren't even against mediocre teams. Villanova is a good team for its level - but its level is 1-AA (FCS). And Army is possibly the worst 1A team in the nation, having opened with an 8-point home loss to Fordham. If UConn gets four more wins this year, I will be very pleasantly surprised.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UConn's FB program sucks
It not like every football team in ACC and Big 10 have world beating footballs teams that are significantly better than UCONN. In the ACC for example Syracuse lost to Villonova last year and in the Big 10 Indiana lost to Navy. When you consider the whole package that UCONN has to offer (athletics, Academics, media market) I have to agree with ASweet3781 prior post which said : There is something else going on here and it stinks IMO.
That "something else" stinks more than the UCONN football team IMO.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
It not like every football team in ACC and Big 10 have world beating footballs teams that are significantly better than UCONN. In the ACC for example Syracuse lost to Villonova last year and in the Big 10 Indiana lost to Navy. When you consider the whole package that UCONN has to offer (athletics, Academics, media market) I have to agree with ASweet3781 prior post which said : There is something else going on here and it stinks IMO.
That "something else" stinks more than the UCONN football team IMO.
With Power 5 Conference expansion, it's all about money and nothing else. It's not about the efficacy of UConn Football as opposed to other B1G teams. Do you honestly believe Rutgers and Maryland affect the competitive balance of the the B1G? It was about getting into the NY and DMV TV markets, that's why the brief flirtation with UNC. I've said in this medium before, Football is the straw that stirs the drink in the P5 and UConn Football just isn't attractive enough. There are enough mediocre to poor teams in the B1G, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, even TTUN. UConn could win 10 more Natty's in WCBB and it wouldn't get a B1G invite. It's all about Football and Economics.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's not going to happen for you, UConn's FB program sucks and it's stadium is small, less than 50K and it offers no more access to the NY TV market than Rutgers. Commissioner Delaney said during Media Days that the conference is basically done looking eastward, they're still trying to convince ND that B1G affiliation is a better deal than what they enjoy now and like that woman in the bar that you know you have no shot at when you talk to her, ND says thanks, but no thanks. The B1G is not interested in UConn.
Link to that media day quote? It's news to me.

Reaction Score
UConn FB is improving from its nadir, I hope. And may be we won't be the laughingstock of the football world any more. But if we win, they (power 5) will come!!! Daddychoc was right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom