OT: UConn men ride big second half to win over Colorado | The Boneyard

OT: UConn men ride big second half to win over Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Look out for the Huskies when they get on a roll in March. People who picked Kansas will be tearing up their brackets on Saturday night. :D

Reaction Score
Look out for the Huskies when they get on a roll in March. People who picked Kansas will be tearing up their brackets on Saturday night. :D
Yup - just a warm-up game for Kansas Saturday

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I'm 2.5 hours from Des Moines and it KILLS me that I couldn't get tickets.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I watched it. Wanted to get out about a dozen times. Geno is right about the men's game and BTW they miss lay ups too! The "head game" is bigger in men's basketball. The fundamentals are so flawed. Makes me think parity has so much to do with a lack of discipline/fundamentals in the game. Listened to Charles Barkley yesterday on how one and done has turned most NBA teams into a snore and a joke. Makes sense to me.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Great foul shooting down the stretch.

Bring on Kansas!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Win for the UConn Men. Between the poor calls by Refs and the men poor play down the stretch they tried to give away the game. The ability to make Free throws prevented that from happening.

The UConn Men and Women's Teams are #1 in the NCAA for Free Throw shooting percentage.

If only they have had gotten a different seed. Kansas will be a tough out.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Must listen or watch the Dan Patrick show as I heard it too. If the NBA can somehow get back to where salaries aren't exorbitant maybe kids would stay in school longer. Now the incentive is to get into the league sooner to get to the 2nd contract. NBA teams need to start drafting based on a players current ability to play in the NBA vs a players potential two or three years from now. Then the one and done players wouldn't be drafted so high.

I watched it. Wanted to get out about a dozen times. Geno is right about the men's game and BTW they miss lay ups too! The "head game" is bigger in men's basketball. The fundamentals are so flawed. Makes me think parity has so much to do with a lack of discipline/fundamentals in the game. Listened to Charles Barkley yesterday on how one and done has turned most NBA teams into a snore and a joke. Makes sense to me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great foul shooting down the stretch.

Bring on Kansas!
Both the men and the women lead the nation in FT percentage! Someone must have pulled out Olde Coach's treatise and is putting it into practice. Well done!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good Win for the UConn Men. Between the poor calls by Refs and the men poor play down the stretch they tried to give away the game. The ability to make Free throws prevented that from happening.

The UConn Men and Women's Teams are #1 in the NCAA for Free Throw shooting percentage.

If only they have had gotten a different seed. Kansas will be a tough out.
They didn't just get any 1 seed - Kansas is THE 1 seed. They certainly aren't as dominant as the UCONN women in comparison, but they were the top #1 seed in the entire tourney. The NCAA did UCONN no favors by seeding them as a 9 seed in Kansas' bracket.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
hopefully its a good one, with UConn pulling off the upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads