OT- UConn Lacrosse | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT- UConn Lacrosse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fat unathletic but can hit a 98 MPH fastball or keep the hands back and wait for a 83 MPH duece and take it 440 feet over the wall...................yeah that's not as athletic as running around with a freakin ball in net of a long stick without having to dribble it or anything special? This thread is a joke at best..................I respect the people who like and play the game of Lax and it's tough kinda preppy game but it has no comparison to baseball whatsoever........

And if you knew anything about the fitness of the new "kid" coming up in baseball check out the indoor batting cages in the winter in the Northeast and the gym the same morning or night................bunch of 12-13 year olds trying to be real good at the national pastime.........you're lost!!!
Fat unathletic but can hit a 98 MPH fastball or keep the hands back and wait for a 83 MPH duece and take it 440 feet over the wall...................yeah that's not as athletic as running around with a freakin ball in net of a long stick without having to dribble it or anything special? This thread is a joke at best..................I respect the people who like and play the game of Lax and it's tough kinda preppy game but it has no comparison to baseball whatsoever........

And if you knew anything about the fitness of the new "kid" coming up in baseball check out the indoor batting cages in the winter in the Northeast and the gym the same morning or night................bunch of 12-13 year olds trying to be real good at the national pastime.........you're lost!!!

Brain surgery is also difficult. But, like baseball I also have no interest in watching it. Nobody. gives. A. crap.

The number of people who actually want to play the game is actually alot smaller than the people who actually give a crap. You, Tim Kurkjian, that left wing pos Buster Olney can get together with Baseball's other dozen or so fans and watch the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers play each other 75 times a season.

Maybe they could get the Marlins to move to Havana and people will actually start to give a crap about them too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You, Tim Kurkjian, that left wing pos Buster Olney .

Left wing pos? Bobby Hull was the best ever at the left wing position. Didn't know Buster played hockey.

Reaction Score
Left wing pos? Bobby Hull was the best ever at the left wing position. Didn't know Buster played hockey.

Well, considering it was you who posted this, that cashiers the maxim that it takes one to know one.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
running around with a freakin ball in net of a long stick without having to dribble it or anything special?
You're forgetting the part where a guy with a 6' metal pole is slapping you as hard as he can everywhere between the neck and knees trying to knock the ball loose.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I guarantee you that if you put a street fight together between pro LAX players and MLB players, it wouldn't even be close. LAX players might be quick shifty guys that like to bounce off each other and flick a stick, but baseball is made up enormous guys.
Yes, because a street fight is the best way to compare overall athleticism.

Reaction Score
Isn't Lacrosse the sport people play after they get cut from their High School baseball team?

Reaction Score
Isn't Lacrosse the sport people play after they get cut from their High School baseball team?

You have not read the earlier posts or have not been around youth sports in the last 10 years. The best athletes in grammar school and high school have left baseball in their rear view mirror and have taken up lax in droves. If you wait to high school to pick it up, it will be difficult to gain the stick skills that your classmates who have been playing lax since 3rd grade have.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The best athletes in grammar school and high school have left baseball in their rear view mirror and have taken up lax in droves. If you wait to high school to pick it up, it will be difficult to gain the stick skills that your classmates who have been playing lax since 3rd grade have.

Baloney. Kids leave baseball for lacrosse because it's easier and takes less time to get good. A great athlete might never learn how to hit, like MJ. OTOH, the greatest lacrosse player of all-time started playing in high school and only played in his spare time.

Reaction Score
You have not read the earlier posts or have not been around youth sports in the last 10 years. The best athletes in grammar school and high school have left baseball in their rear view mirror and have taken up lax in droves. If you wait to high school to pick it up, it will be difficult to gain the stick skills that your classmates who have been playing lax since 3rd grade have.

Can you provide a link to support this?

Reaction Score
I think you got it. But I stopped reading after the first paragraph.

Consider this: Look at how far baseball has already fallen. 60 years ago the sport was a religion. Now it is the third most popular sport and bleeding popularity fast.

Why is it inconceivable that it will continue its decline? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

All that you've done during this entire thread is completely ignore all the factual information posted by others. Baseball is more popular now than it was 10 years ago. That is a fact. The game's popularity hasn't dropped off.

Reaction Score

I can't believe you made me read through five pages of that article to find out that nowhere in the article did it actually state "The best athletes in grammar school and high school have left baseball in their rear view mirror and have taken up lax in droves". It never once said that, like you said in your previous post.

In fact, the article actually completely refutes your other point, saying that Allen Iverson nowadays could pick up the sport in a week or two, when you said a kid would need to play it since third grade in order to be on par with his peers.

The second article says nothing about lacrosse gaining more participants in place of baseball. All it says is that lacrosse is gaining more popularity.

Reaction Score

how many times do you have to be hit in the head before conceding..........

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44628826

"
Lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in America.

There were 1.6 million people who played lacrosse last year, a 37.7 jump. Lacrosse participation is up 218.1 percent over the last 10 years."

from the same article "
Baseball participation was up 5.2 percent in 2010, but still down 8.1 percent over the last decade."

37.7%>5.2%
218.1% gain >8.1% loss
Case closed.
Instead of wasting everyone's time with the childish reply of "it's not true, it's not true" why don't you offer your own evidence to refute that lacrosse is growing exponentially faster than baseball.

Reaction Score
how many times do you have to be hit in the head before conceding..........

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44628826

"
Lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in America.

There were 1.6 million people who played lacrosse last year, a 37.7 jump. Lacrosse participation is up 218.1 percent over the last 10 years."

from the same article "
Baseball participation was up 5.2 percent in 2010, but still down 8.1 percent over the last decade."

37.7%>5.2%
218.1% gain >8.1% loss
Case closed.
Instead of wasting everyone's time with the childish reply of "it's not true, it's not true" why don't you offer your own evidence to refute that lacrosse is growing exponentially faster than baseball.

What? Your two links in your prior showed NOTHING that would suggest that "the best athletes have left baseball in their rearview mirror and have taken up lax in droves". Nowhere did it say that.

And surely you do know why I don't need to offer up my own evidence. You're the one who made the point in the first place. Why on earth would I need to preemptively refute something when you're the one who made the assertion without presenting evidence?

Also, you still have not shown anything that says that "the best athletes have left baseball in their rearview mirror and have taken up lax in droves". All I see is that lacrosse has increased by a lot, considering the fact it had nowhere to go but up 10 years ago.

In fact, that SI article talks about how lots of college lacrosse athletes play other sports. That tells me that the lacrosse players played a bunch of sports and figured out that lacrosse was probably the easiest one.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Baloney. Kids leave baseball for lacrosse because it's easier and takes less time to get good. A great athlete might never learn how to hit, like MJ. OTOH, the greatest lacrosse player of all-time started playing in high school and only played in his spare time.
Kids are leaving baseball for lacrosse because in lacrosse you don't sit on a bench and watch (unless you deserve it) for half a game, and there is MUCH less waiting time (batters stepping out of the box every single pitch and taking 10 seconds to do whatever, foul balls, replacing balls [which happens any time the ball touches the dirt], teams switching in between innings). I've seen my fair share of Mets games and multiple times the game has taken 4 hours. Also, you get to freakin hit people.

And seriously get off the high horse. Nobody should play/care about a sport because it's alleged greater difficulty to master. What a snotty thing to care about. A sport should matter if it's fun to play. I'm not saying that lacrosse is more fun than baseball, just that some of you guys are trying to devalue the game for illegitimate reasons.

Reaction Score
Base

Baseball is for retards from Iowa or kids in places that don't play lacrosse yet.

But our best athletes are playing football and basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom