OT - Trip to North Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Trip to North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Recently went to Asheville and loved the breweries, music, food, scene.

I was skeptical at best about going to Sierra Nevada. Why would I want to go to a west coast brewery in North Carolina? I was blown away. It's kind of a fairy tail beer land out on it's own. Amphitheater in back, cornhole courts, impeccable scenery, unbelievable architecture and huge variety of beers that are all exceptional. You can google the pictures, but I'd recommend just getting the address and showing up. It's a really awesome place. If you can have a DD even better. Would not be a cheap uber to downtown but would be well worth it.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Charlotte stand up!

Reaction Score
I'm a little late to this thread and can't believe nobody has mentioned Pinehurst. It's fairly convenient from Raleigh and if you are a golfer it is one of the premier resorts. There should be some decent stay and play packages whereby you can golf and your better half can go to the spa. Pay the extra to play #2 if you like but there are nine courses, some of which are tougher than the US Open track (#7 is the most challenging in my book). If you don't golf, well, forget this idea.

Reaction Score
Lazoom tours in Asheville is really fun. They give a tour of the city and stop at a bar about mid way through. It's BYOB/W. Just look for the purple bus driving around.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Hit up Lynnwood Brewing in Raleigh. Just opened their brewery apart from the Lynnwood Grill to expand the brand. They have about 15 or more medals from national open beer competitions. Great craft beer. My favorite is Bad Leroy Brown Ale.

As someone said above, check put Puke and UNC. You might be able to get into Cameron and leave a turd on the D in center court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom