OT: TPC Traveler's in Cromwell | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: TPC Traveler's in Cromwell

Reaction Score
Nice to hear doggie, doing the veteran thing Sunday. Curious about the veteran deck on 18, can any vet use the deck and where on 18 is it located.

Walk right out of the back door of the tent towards 18 and walk straight. It's 50 feet outside the gate, You can't miss it. I'm going back again tomorrow, have fun!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A bit of controversy at the watering hole about those last shots. Why did Spieth go first? He looked closer to the hole. Was he actually away? Or is there a rule we missed?

Reaction Score
A bit of controversy at the watering hole about those last shots. Why did Spieth go first? He looked closer to the hole. Was he actually away? Or is there a rule we missed?

There's really no controversy.. he wasn't on the green, Berger was.

Reaction Score
Field was widely overrated

Had 3 of top 5, 2 of which were completely irrelevant and only like 12-13 of top 50

They hyped off of top 3, good move and exciting finish and great win

Bubba Watson is a total joke now. Wouldn't shock me if he did an Ian Baker Finch move and quit

It's a great tourney, think could be a special feed next year with being week after US Open @ Shinnecock

They put on a hell of a tournament. Awesome field and the crowds look huge on TV. It's clearly one of the premier tournaments on the tour.

Reaction Score
There's really no controversy.. he wasn't on the green, Berger was.

I take that back, Berger was on the fringe.. couldn't see it as well from where I was.

Reaction Score
Field was widely overrated

Had 3 of top 5, 2 of which were completely irrelevant and only like 12-13 of top 50

They hyped off of top 3, good move and exciting finish and great win

Bubba Watson is a total joke now. Wouldn't shock me if he did an Ian Baker Finch move and quit

It's a great tourney, think could be a special feed next year with being week after US Open @ Shinnecock
They got arguably the three biggest names in golf to come just a week after the US Open. Please, stop being a clown.

Reaction Score
Oh really?

Rickie is the most popular player on tour by a mile and the guy I'd love to see most other than Tiger would be DJ

Also, Phil is more popular than anyone at the tourney and he never comes back ever as a former winner

The field was a total joke on a grand scale as always, why are you so oblivious

They got arguably the three biggest names in golf to come just a week after the US Open. Please, stop being a clown.

Reaction Score
Oh really?

Rickie is the most popular player on tour by a mile and the guy I'd love to see most other than Tiger would be DJ

Also, Phil is more popular than anyone at the tourney and he never comes back ever as a former winner

When nobody ever agrees with you, it just might be a you thing.

I thought this was all an act but it's becoming more clear you're just a miserable loser.

Reaction Score
Oh really?

Rickie isn't the most popular player. He is a loser (your speak). Why do you like him? You could pretty much figure out the most popular players by majors won.

I like Rickie and he is a fan favorite but he won't come close to being the most popular until he wins a major. Also, Phil skips US Opens now so its not shocking he skipped the Travelers.

Reaction Score
When nobody ever agrees with you, it just might be a you thing.

I thought this was all an act but it's becoming more clear you're just a miserable loser.

During "One shining moment" he is definitely thinking about all the bad moments.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh really?

First part of the sentence is demonstrably false. Rickie isn't the most popular of anything on the tour- endorsements, media, etc. Second part is fair game. Everyone is allowed to have their favorite.

Middle statement is debatable. Phil definitely has a huge following and 25 years of name recognition.

Final statement is false as well. Field was very strong with plenty of major champions, many of whom are still relevant and dominating. Plus plenty of young talent who are already making their mark such as Berger, Reed and Harmon.

When you have a field with Day, Spieth and McIlroy, it's never a joke field.

Reaction Score
Rickie isn't the most popular player. He is a loser (your speak). Why do you like him? You could pretty much figure out the most popular players by majors won.

I like Rickie and he is a fan favorite but he won't come close to being the most popular until he wins a major. Also, Phil skips US Opens now so its not shocking he skipped the Travelers.
I said arguably the three biggest names in golf, it's damn near impossible to argue against that. They are considered the three best players on the tour with the most major wins. Johnson is knocking on the door with his talent level.

Somehow JSM went with "popular" and his favorite player is Rickie Fowler who is a loser (JSM's words.) Maybe JSM relates to the "loser" part of Fowler and feels some sense of camaraderie. I find that hard to believe considering Fowler's life is a million times better than JSM's in every regard.

Reaction Score
Keegan with some nice praise. Jeff Jacobs had a piece and it was reported that Fowler had to miss for a reason, but would play (and has in the past), and that if Dustin Johnson's wife didn't have her baby the week before the US Open he would've been here too (has in the past). This tournament is only going to get better

Reaction Score
I agree, Spieth winning was huge

Next year could be big with proximity to US Open

The Travelers Championship had a huge, huge weekend.

It'll pay off in future years.

End of debate.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg
They put on a hell of a tournament. Awesome field and the crowds look huge on TV. It's clearly one of the premier tournaments on the tour.

We haven't seen crowds like these in 20 years!!! This is the view from my skybox looking up 18 with Spieth looking at his shot. The Bowl was SICK!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom