OT - Tiger Woods: One More Time | The Boneyard

OT - Tiger Woods: One More Time

Reaction Score
El Tigre announced his comeback set for next month at the Hero Challenge

At best:
Will be an average PGA Tour driver
Needs to rely heavily on mid irons-wedges and leave himself uphill birdie putts
Potential to make a run at Augusta and Bellerive. Shinnecock and Carnoustie might be too tough for Tiger 3.0 (or 4, or 5, or whatever this round is)

At worst:
All it takes is one bad sleep, one bad swing, one awkward step on a slick surface, and it's all over

It feels a little early, but if he truly is ready, would love for a 2 yr run from the best to ever do it.

Reaction Score

At best:
Potential to make a run at Augusta and Bellerive. Shinnecock and Carnoustie might be too tough for Tiger 3.0 (or 4, or 5, or whatever this round is)

At worst:
All it takes is one bad sleep, one bad swing, one awkward step on a slick surface, and it's all over

It feels a little early, but if he truly is ready, would love for a 2 yr run from the best to ever do it.
He needs to forget about how he used to swing, and get used to using a swing that won’t kill him. He’ll never compete in long drives anymore, but if he can become smoother he can still win with his course management skills, his vision, and his putting. Hate to see him pretend nothing has changed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nothing would make me happier than to see him return and compete, but if he makes it through six months I would surprised.

If he makes it six holes it’s an upset.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Part of me would love to see him dominate for the next 3 years and win 6 majors over the young guns many of us have become enamored with (particularly Spieth for me). But I suspect he doesn't finish in the top 10 of a major for the rest of his career.

Reaction Score
Will Tiger ever play the Travelers?

I doubt he is going to play a week after a major and he is exempt from the rule that helped get a great field this year because he has over 20 PGA Tour victories. Its kind of funny that he is the #1180th ranked player in the world but he has a lifetime exemption to play the Masters, PGA Championship, Open Championship until hes 60 and the US Open can give him an exemption if they want and of course, they want.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

At best:

At worst:

Tiger isn't on steroids anymore. They masked a lot of problems. It will be fun to see if he can figure out a way. It may be that he goes the same route as David Ortiz which is to go back on steroids for one last run then retire completely.

Reaction Score
I doubt he is going to play a week after a major and he is exempt from the rule that helped get a great field this year because he has over 20 PGA Tour victories. Its kind of funny that he is the #1180th ranked player in the world but he has a lifetime exemption to play the Masters, PGA Championship, Open Championship until hes 60 and the US Open can give him an exemption if they want and of course, they want.
Tiger has earned any and all exemptions. He had a lot of pride and if he can't compete he'll give it up.

Reaction Score
Tiger isn't on steroids anymore. They masked a lot of problems. It will be fun to see if he can figure out a way. It may be that he goes the same route as David Ortiz which is to go back on steroids for one last run then retire completely.

Sorry don't think Tiger was ever on steroids but do believe working out too hard led him to many of his problems. He had the right idea but took it over the top.

Game may not need him per se, but he brings something to it these kids just don't have. I Love Thomas, Speith, DJ etc etc but I don't have to watch golf on the weekend with them playing like it used to be a must viewing with Tiger in the hunt.

Reaction Score
Well they don’t just hand out exemptions all Willy Nilly. Have to think he earned ‘em just IMHO

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Sorry don't think Tiger was ever on steroids but do believe working out too hard led him to many of his problems. He had the right idea but took it over the top.

Game may not need him per se, but he brings something to it these kids just don't have. I Love Thomas, Speith, DJ etc etc but I don't have to watch golf on the weekend with them playing like it used to be a must viewing with Tiger in the hunt.
Oh no El Tigre was definitely on steroids. Did you see his six pack on the ESPN Mag cover? You don't get that from a 100 crunches a day. He had classic Barry Bonds biggness and like Bonds, Ortiz and all the others when they came off the steroids went right on the disabled list. He's done, but like I said he may decide for one more year like Ortiz and go back on them to win a major or two.

Reaction Score
Oh no El Tigre was definitely on steroids. Did you see his six pack on the ESPN Mag cover? You don't get that from a 100 crunches a day. He had classic Barry Bonds biggness and like Bonds, Ortiz and all the others when they came off the steroids went right on the disabled list. He's done, but like I said he may decide for one more year like Ortiz and go back on them to win a major or two.
Ah, you are one of those guys. Sucks.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Don’t know if he was or wasn’t on roids but those didn’t help him 150 yards and in or knock in putts. That’s where he won his titles.
Steroids don't only make you stronger.

Steroids also increase muscle coordination, increase the speed of reflexes, and can even improve visual/spatial perception.

Steroids really are a multifaceted biological enhancement tool.

Reaction Score

Steroids also increase muscle coordination, increase the speed of reflexes, and can even improve visual/spatial perception.

Tiger was pretty darn good before he bulked up. 3x junior champ. 2x amateur champ. Won the masters by 12 shots as a 21 year old. Won 4 straight majors including the us open by 15 shots. Heck tiger was breaking par 72 when he was like 8 years old.

It was after he bulked up that he started to get injured a lot and his game started to decline, although he was still pretty dominant for a few years. Then the whole scandal and multiple knee and back operations and here we are.

Reaction Score

Hell I need some then.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Would love for him to be great again. Highly unlikely it happens.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
If he's healthy he will win tourneys. I have no doubt about that.

Reaction Score

Steroids do NOT make you a better putter. Absolutely zero evidence of that.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Steroids do NOT make you a better putter. Absolutely zero evidence of that.
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I'm sure nobody ever looked into it specifically.

But that's besides the point. Nothing in my post is wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom