OT: Tiger wins Bay Hill - regains #1 ranking | The Boneyard

OT: Tiger wins Bay Hill - regains #1 ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
LINK

Not sure how many people thought he would be able to once again exhibit the kind of consisency you need to get the #1 ranking back, but he's done it. Pretty good to reach #1 with three different swings. (He also had a fourth swing, the one he won the '97 Masters with, but he dismantled that swing in '98-'99 and was never the world #1 in that brief span, IIRC. I could be mistaken.)

Now we still have that little matter of winning another major............

He's putting very well since that lesson from Strick; maybe the upcoming Masters will see Tiger wearing green, for #15?

;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree - very impressive. I don't really follow golf but know who the top 2 or 3 guys in the world are. Still, interesting to see him sink so low and then be able to climb back. I'm sure there are some who still dislike him based on his personal life, but I'm rooting for him to win some more masters...

Reaction Score
LINK

Not sure how many people thought he would be able to once again exhibit the kind of consisency you need to get the #1 ranking back, but he's done it. Pretty good to reach #1 with three different swings. (He also had a fourth swing, the one he won the '97 Masters with, but he dismantled that swing in '98-'99 and was never the world #1 in that brief span, IIRC. I could be mistaken.)

Now we still have that little matter of winning another major............

He's putting very well since that lesson from Strick; maybe the upcoming Masters will see Tiger wearing green, for #15?

;)
His original goal was to have more Majors than Jack. He should aim higher and attempt to win more majors than the number of simultaneous girlfriends he had when he was married with two beautiful children.

Go Tiger.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
His original goal was to have more Majors than Jack. He should aim higher and attempt to win more majors than the number of simultaneous girlfriends he had when he was married with two beautiful children.

Go Tiger.

Nah, they weren't really girlfriends. They were more like hired help. Besides, his ex is doing OK. I saw a photo of Tiger's and her new boyfriends side by side and her boyfriend's is bigger.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"He's putting very well since that lesson from Strick; maybe the upcoming Masters will see Tiger wearing green, for #15? "

Absolutely. To be less than mediocre off the tee and still pull off the win was impresive.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
His children are well provided for, and his ex married for money. And sanctimony is unattractive.

Go Tiger. I care about excellence. The rest of it is irrelevant. Not every great athlete is going to be Maya Moore...nor do they have any obligation to anyone to be so.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Could not disagree more, Alex: a man's character is never, never irrelevant.

Reaction Score
His children are well provided for . . . And sanctimony is unattractive.
Funny how life is. I always imagined, as a father, that I had a responsibility to be there - DAILY - for my boys and girls. It's very difficult to be a good parent in the modern world. It's damn near impossible when you're not around your children but once in a while.
In addition to his absenteeism, it's hard to imagine the impact on a child when that child finds out this his/her father screwed over his/her mother so horribly, and so publicly. It must be brutal.
Money doesn't palliate mental pain.

Sanctimony is unattractive?
I guess it's a question of perspective. What the guy did to his wife and kids is as low as I've seen, short of physical abuse. If we can't be judgmental against such despicable behavior, then what's the sense of having any moral code whatsoever among good people?

I really feel sad for kids growing up in the world today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom