OT: Thursday at 9 a.m., the Freeh Report is available. . . | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Thursday at 9 a.m., the Freeh Report is available. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
CS, it seems to me that your 15 minutes are just about up.

Reaction Score
I suppose so. If I'm lying I'm dying though.

I'm definitely out of my comfort zone around here though. I really don't want to offend anybody, and I'm not sure if the the idea of the girls out partying and hitting on guys is offending anybody?

I am not regular women's hoops follower so I'll go. Freshmen football players have all been on campus since end of June and everybody else should all be back on campus by next week pretty sure, no idea what women's schedule is like in the offseason.

Here's to a great 2012 though. Let's all kick the tar out of Syracuse one more time.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
?? I'm 100% Walters was there.
Kara Wolters came to UConn as a freshman in 1993. She was a junior in high school in 1991. Unless you mean Kiersten Walters, but she was in middle school in 1991.

Reaction Score
My years must be off then Nan. Sorry, I'm not a women's b-ball person. I know that a buddy of mine was cornered by who we both would swear was Walters, one night at the Bidwell and if you've ever seen a boxing match, and a smaller fighter get boxed into a corner by a bigger...well they left together. Clearly, my dates are wrong. I did consume quite a bit of beer during those years.

I had a sibling at uconn 83-88, and I was at uconn personally b/w 89-95 off and on paying my way through school. Originally went to USNA to play football, but transferred out for medical reasons after a non-football injury ended both football, and my chances of serving on a submarine, and almost lost my leg entirely below the knee. Got me B.S. at UConn and finished masters in 1995, and if Tom Jackson, or any of the other staff ahd any idea what had actually happened to me, they wouldn' have let me step on the field and compete at UConn as a walk on.

Man, this place is tough. two years and nobody gets personal info out of me on the football site, and Im here for two days and I'm spilling my guts.

Better go before I give up name rank and serial number.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Man, this place is tough. two years and nobody gets personal info out of me on the football site, and Im here for two days and I'm spilling my guts.

Better go before I give up name rank and serial number.
Welcome to our world. We have some great conversations here, lots of really smart folks hang out on the board, but we do tend to wander into areas we hadn't intended to discuss.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
As of this morning Steve Garban the Chairman of the Board of Trustees has resigned.

Steve Garban Resigns.

Twice the linked article states that Garban is the "first board member to resign." Elsewhere it mentions 3 new members recently elected by fellow alumni (they are entitled to 5 of total 32 members), all of whom campaigned on a "reform" platform.

It's a start. Reform must begin at the top and be supported, even demanded, from the bottom.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Twice the linked article states that Garban is the "first board member to resign." Elsewhere it mentions 3 new members recently elected by fellow alumni (they are entitled to 5 of total 32 members), all of whom campaigned on a "reform" platform.

It's a start. Reform must begin at the top and be supported, even demanded, from the bottom.
And uncovered by the national media in large part that is exactly what has been happening, Kib. A group of alumni organized an alternative collection of candidates last fall after the charges and news broke and three of those candidates won positions on the board. Many of these type of things have been going on and a number were included in Freeh's report but the media seems rather uninterested in covering the story from that angle.

BTW, the student run dance marathon "Thon" raised over $10.6 million last year to fight pediatric cancer. That is right $10.6 million dollars raised by students in one year in 2011. $7.8 million was raised in 2010. Since 1973 almost $80 million has been raised. It is the largest student run charity in the world. 15,000 students and alums gathered for the closing dance marathon in the Jordan Center.

Thon

Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member