OT: Test #443B | The Boneyard

OT: Test #443B

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..The Dalai Lama puts his hands together & makes a slight bow, the "_______ gesture".

15..The northern part of this northeastern state has the highest rate of vacant foreclosures.

16..What rule makes Mississippi the state with the highest rates of vaccinations?

17..In 1827 "Deserter" performed at NY Bowery Theater was a "first". How so?

18.."Ask Amy" (_________), advice columnist.

19..What geographical area had 1/3 of the world's shark bites last year?

20..In Jewish law, what is a "gett"(get)?

21..Corinthians: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not ____, it does not _____.

22..In Tuscon ther is no day off for Presidents, cause soon after there's 2 days off for R____ D___.

23..WCBB screening committee puts forth this retired superstar for inclusion in the HOF.

24..About a century and a half ago Alexander Stephens is appointed to what status?

25..The Grammy Album of the Year is "Morning Phase" by whom?

Remember not to let wind, snow, ice and low temperatures dissuade you from your appointed rounds.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
17. It's reputed to be the first ballet performed in the United States.
20. I believe it's a divorce, or perhaps it's permission to get a divorce.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
18. syndicated
19. Austrailia
22. Roller Derby
25. Beck

Reaction Score
15. New York
17. Used female actors to play women's roles.
18. Adams
19. Australia
20. A divorce
23. Lisa Leslie

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
19 Australia ??
22. I dunno. Tucson. Western. Rodeo Days???
24. Stephens was the Vice President of the Confederacy

Reaction Score
16. Neither Mississippi nor West Virginia allow anything other than medical exemptions for childhood vaccinations - no personal, philosophical or religious exemptions. As a result the vaccination rate in Mississippi is something like 99.7%.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
18. Dickinson
21. envy; boast
25. Beck, but Kanye asked me to tell you that Beyonce's album was one of the greatest albums of all time.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
19. Australia would surprise me, simply because of the low population of Australia - the lack of victims, if you will. Besides, the snakes, spiders, jellyfish, cone snails, blue-ringed octupi and salties provide stiff competition. I think that southern Africa, or even the gulf of Mexico (due to Bull sharks) might actually have more bites, if less dramatic results.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
21. it does not boast, it is not proud (NIV) not sure what version you're tying there.
25. I believe Beck, but I also don't believe West agrees.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
18 - Dickenson; she is in the local paper - I often don't agree completely with her.
21 - One of the blanks is "boast" I think, can't remember the other

24 - Alexander Stephens was Vice President of the Confederate States. I once visited his home on a tour of Georgia; my Georgia cousins never heard of him, incidentally, which I found odd.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..A hard one to provide a hint. Some of you may have seen it in print but understandably did not retain it to easily pull up
from the subconscious. Maybe you'd like to try a scramble--teeasnm.

15..Local cites therein would be Ho-ho-kus, Hackettstown and Blair Academy.

16..See Andy, BUT the key is enforcement. How so?

17..I suspect VAUC is making a WAG, but I can't prove he's wrong. However, rbny still practices the plie and releve,
after being impacted by the 1st ballet performed in the US.

18..Descended from the illustriou Fairleigh, Dickinson is cited by Wally & Knight, the latter takes issue with her a lot,
including how she should spell her name.

19..Now Pinot is heading down the right road, but we need a land mass(and the bites tend to come from species less deadly than bull sharks, like spinner and black tip. So, where's Volusia County?

20..Rbny is on target, in that among the orthodox a woman can't divorce w/o hubby's written permission. I'm surprised more
grooms don't get shot.

21..Meyers rearranges my wording. Hey fella, you can't do that. Wally is most complete with envy & boast.

22..This question is courtesy of Knights, but only geordi experienced it as a courtesy--Rodeo Days.
(Bonus: change 2 letters and you have what Woody Allen flic?)

24..The Confederate Veep, offered by geordi & Knights, 2 members of Daughters of the Confederacy.

23..Only VAUC has Lisa Leslie. The rest of you call yourselves fans of Women's basketball? Fie, I say.

25..Your testmeister doesn't care beans what Kanye thinks, and "good luck" in him getting into Beyonce' undies.
Meyers, waq & Wally won't do it either. Anyway, Beck.

Turn your focus to the 4 undone.

Reaction Score
15. New Jersey
16. One cannot enter public school without being vaccinated
17. Yes, definitely a WAG. One would think that ballet had come to the US well prior to 1827.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Volusia County is in Florida

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
15..Yes, it's Jersey with houses with nobody in them,(except squatters, homeless, derelicts, and guys like meyers
who can't make his rent).

16..VAUC has the reason.

19..Geordi mentions Florida, where surfers actually hope for a bite as a badge of honor.

1.Namaste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom