OT - Syracuse throwing an kicking on da Ville | The Boneyard

OT - Syracuse throwing an kicking on da Ville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
31-10 w/ 2minutes left in first half...
Syracuse is respectable, and 'Ville is highly overrated. The media likes the Cardinals because it makes a good storyline with Strong: "The black coach who was wrongly passed over for so many years finally getting his chance and proving all the doubters wrong." Don't get me wrong, I think it IS crazy that it took that long for Strong to get a HC job, and I think he has done well there, but I am convinced that this romantic story line is playing a role in how much credit Louisville has gotten in his time there. I'd be happy to have him as our coach, so I'm not knocking him in any way. But to think the team he coaches is a Top 10 team?! Crazy.

Reaction Score
They were 9-0. That's not romance. That's performance. With your theory, if we were 9-0 our ranking be based on the storyline of PP the AARP guy making good? Louisville deserves their ranking.

Reaction Score
They were 9-0. That's not romance. That's performance. With your theory, if we were 9-0 our ranking be based on the storyline of PP the AARP guy making good? Louisville deserves their ranking.
They are off to an excellent start to the year and deserve credit for that to be sure. But I believe only one of those wins came against a team with a winning record-Cincy. Cincy is a good team, but that's about it, they're no juggernaut. They absolutely should be ranked based on their record. If you think beating a bunch of teams with a losing record is worthy of a Top 10 ranking....fair enough. I just don't happen to agree. EDIT: I like your AARP storyline quip with PP btw! That nod probably goes to Bill Snyder however....

Reaction Score
“@steveandress: Charlie Strong was just asked to do an end of half interview by the ESPN sideline reporter. His response: "No."”

Gonna be fugly in that locker room @ half!

Reaction Score
Amazing what happens when you light a fire under the a** of your OL... motivate them to play an entire football game... 38-13 Orange...

It's possible in Storrs as well... we caught a glimpse last night in the first half... Can't play like we did like that half a** and call yourself getting better as the season (late in it) goes on... We gotta get the "smashmouth" back in our OL....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow Syracuse just ran down the play clock before a punt. Revolutionary.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Syracuse is respectable, and 'Ville is highly overrated. The media likes the Cardinals because it makes a good storyline with Strong: "The black coach who was wrongly passed over for so many years finally getting his chance and proving all the doubters wrong." Don't get me wrong, I think it IS crazy that it took that long for Strong to get a HC job, and I think he has done well there, but I am convinced that this romantic story line is playing a role in how much credit Louisville has gotten in his time there. I'd be happy to have him as our coach, so I'm not knocking him in any way. But to think the team he coaches is a Top 10 team?! Crazy.

Yes, let's make it a black thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Yes, let's make it a black thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, its not like they are one of the 6 undefeated teams left in the nation.

And McCombs better get a buck fifty next week. Louisville can't stop anything up the middle.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So how far will Louisville drop? This is a loss to a 4-5 Big East team and is a bad loss! If this was next year it wouldn't be so bad because it would be a loss to a middle of the road 4-5 ACC team. Ok sarcasm off....How far might they drop?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If this is Louisville's only loss then they will end up in the same exact bowl that they would ave gone to if they went undefeated.

I was thinking the same thing. They would have put a 2-loss SEC team in the championship game before they ever let in an undefeated Ville team, unfortunately (wasn't LSU still higher than them with 2 losses in the BCS standings before today?). Hell, even a 1-loss Fla St might have snuck in ahead.

The thing that stinks a bit is that UConn would have had the opportunity to take down a top10 team on the road, in an almost pseudo-bowl game for us. Now it will likely be just a top 25 team (which should still be treated as a pseudo-bowl game by us!). At least it lets our kids know that Ville is not indestructible and that we've got more than a puncher's chance, if we handle our business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom