OT Subway cost question | The Boneyard

OT Subway cost question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went to the games down in NY this weekend and rode the subway for the first time in decades. I took it both into Penn station and the back after the game but my credit card got hit with 3 charges of $2.90. I not worried about paying it, just can't understand the third charge. Anybody got a explanation?

Reaction Score
Went to the games down in NY this weekend and rode the subway for the first time in decades. I took it both into Penn station and the back after the game but my credit card got hit with 3 charges of $2.90. I not worried about paying it, just can't understand the third charge. Anybody got a explanation?
I’ve noticed that a few times as well, especially as I commute in and out every day. I usually get a reimbursement on my statement so could just be some type of mistake, i’m not really sure. But check again and see if +2.90 comes at some point

Reaction Score
How many beers?

Reaction Score

Did you take the staten island ferry?

caw

Reaction Score
Metro should only be 2.90 each way, a new card has some kind of fee though, IIRC. I don't think it's the same as a fare though.

Reaction Score
When I read the title I thought this thread was going to be about the absurd prices you have to pay for a grinder at Subway, LOL!
I know, right? The 5 dollar footlong was the extent of what I'd pay considering quality. Anything more is outrageous and not worth it.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the (legitimate) answers. I'll wait it out for a refund, if not I'll just eat the $2.90. Not worth the effort of fighting it. Instead, I'm currently fighting with Stubhub to refund the cost of the tickets they issued me that were 16 rows behind the ones that they confirmed i ordered.

Reaction Score
The good old days, when life was more simple and more affordable ($2.90 is a 132% increase over the $1.25 per token in 1992):

NYC Token.jpg

I use this as a ball marker on the course from time to time

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Metro should only be 2.90 each way, a new card has some kind of fee though, IIRC. I don't think it's the same as a fare though.

It’s $1 for a new card. OP probably thought it didn’t swipe properly the first time and swiped again. It happens.

Reactions: caw

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the (legitimate) answers. I'll wait it out for a refund, if not I'll just eat the $2.90. Not worth the effort of fighting it. Instead, I'm currently fighting with Stubhub to refund the cost of the tickets they issued me that were 16 rows behind the ones that they confirmed i ordered.

Good luck with that. You may be successful but they are going to wear you down and its going to take quite a while. I refuse to use Stub Hub or any service where I cannot select the seats Im purchasing at the time of purchase. There are way too many stories Im intimately familiar regarding exactly your situation with stubhub. They are letting people sell inventory they dont actually possess at the time of listing. That is real bad business.

Reaction Score
Better Business Bureau. File a complaint if the normal pathways don't work. I've been successful getting situations resolved 3 out of 4 complaints.

The one time I failed was with an airline that screwed me over royally, and from what I've read they don't give a and never offer reasonable compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom