OT: Stock trading | Page 130 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I didn't heed my own advice and switched from re-opening to tech too soon.

What are the thoughts to this tech dump? Is the correction from euphoric highs about done? Or is the tech bubble gonna pop for real?
I dunno, man, but I feel like a genius for getting out of ARKK on the dead cat bounce at $136. (Would have felt like more of a genius if I got out at $156, but c'est la vie.)

It may be a good long term play, but looks real shaky in the short/medium term.

TSLA P/E ratio of 1100 looks awfully bubblicious.

I might get back in depending on how things look in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Mutual fund to cash Jan/Feb sales saved my arse and old energy, materials, and food stocks soothed day. Nibbled on NEE, FLIN, and VNM. Holding off exercising SPY, QQQ and TSLA puts, and selling or buying ARKK (doubt it's going to avg at $51). Wonder if the ETF of the high-fee SPACs has puts, or how much it's being shorted by some HFs

Reaction Score
Thought this was interesting.
Imagine that, boring summer and fall energy, hospitality materials, and industrials buys smoking out the frothiest froth fall. Nibbling on perceived oversold quality, added new TA, and even added some ARKG today. Still haven't pulling trigger on SPY, QQQ nor TSLA puts

Reaction Score
Imagine that, boring summer and fall energy, hospitality materials, and industrials buys smoking out the frothiest froth fall. Nibbling on perceived oversold quality, added new TA, and even added some ARKG today. Still haven't pulling trigger on SPY, QQQ nor TSLA puts
So you think ARKG is going to rebound, yet TSLA is going to continue to lose more than a third of its recent ath? The overall market and sectors are calling the shots right now. They won't diverge.

Reaction Score
So you think ARKG is going to rebound, yet TSLA is going to continue to lose more than a third of its recent ath? The overall market and sectors are calling the shots right now. They won't diverge.
Nah, not immediately simply note differences between a not as frothy genomics ETF versus an uber frothy battery and tech vehicle company also held in uber frothy ARRK BUT NOT included in ARKG. Yup, compelling reasons existed when buying TSLA puts; not exercised yet. ARKK avg share price = $51, but timing of purchases and being flat for the week influences LT perspective.

Reaction Score
Nah, not immediately simply note differences between a not as frothy genomics ETF versus an uber frothy battery and tech vehicle company also held in uber frothy ARRK BUT NOT included in ARKG. Yup, compelling reasons existed when buying TSLA puts; not exercised yet. ARKK avg share price = $51, but timing of purchases and being flat for the week influences LT perspective.
perhaps ARKG goes down 5% and TSLA 6% or ARKG goes up 4% and TSLA only 3%. But no way in this climate does ARKG go up 4% and TSLA down 6%. Won't happen, everything is essentially moving with the market except to different degrees per sector and amount of early year pump. The only spread would be one rebounding quicker and harder, or vice versa. There are much bigger forces at play right now. Save oil excelling today and cruiselines being impervious thus far until today's big dumping.

Or GME being the tether of the stock market.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I continue to hold SENS because it's a great long-term play. They reported excellent results yesterday, will be starting to sell in the US in April and have the FDA approval for their 180 product coming soon. Nothing but good news from here in my opinion. Buy now if you can, I added to my position when it dipped below $3. I also bought some TSLA at $575 because 10 years from now that's going to look like a bargain. I get they have a very high P/E, but there are very few innovative companies and TSLA is one of them. They will continue to come out with products that their fans will buy up before they can even see them (similar to Apple fans). TSLA isn't just a carmaker, you'll soon see a fully integrated company that provides the power to your home, your car, etc. I expect at some point they'll integrate with Starlink to provide packaged deals for home internet. Elon Musk continues to be about 5 steps ahead of his competitors and that's where I want my $$ invested as of right now.

Reaction Score
Not a coincidence:

TSLA:

1614977655531.png

ARKG:

1614977727511.png

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
SENS on BOGO sale today,
Had a buy order trigger today for SENS @ $2 limit. Forgot all about it bc I put it in when it was up around $5.

I've been getting kicked around all week but this afternoon was a nice turnaround at least.

Reaction Score
Not a coincidence: TSLA: ARKG:
Yup, except massive differences exist with recent, initial ARKG buys at prices down about 25% for the year (biggest before noon at $78.80). By contrast, hanging on to ARKK and TSLA bought last April ($51 avg & $148 avg). And, haven't exercised TSLA hedges > $850 yet. Date & prices of respective buys and LT perspective vs day trading acknowledged, reasonable differences exist. That's OK.

After institutional investors and invididual people (ST traders, hybrid, LT investors) mull over their particular situations and opportunities, Monday may be interesting. More than a few pfennigs conveniently in cash may be put back to work, or not. SMH near lows for the year?

Reaction Score
Yup, except massive differences exist with recent, initial ARKG buys at prices down about 25% for the year (biggest before noon at $78.80). By contrast, hanging on to ARKK and TSLA bought last April ($51 avg & $148 avg). And, haven't exercised TSLA hedges > $850 yet. Date & prices of respective buys and LT perspective vs day trading acknowledged, reasonable differences exist. That's OK.

After institutional investors and invididual people (ST traders, hybrid, LT investors) mull over their particular situations and opportunities, Monday may be interesting. More than a few pfennigs conveniently in cash may be put back to work, or not. SMH near lows for the year?
So after more thought, you'd essentially be hedging you ARKG shares with tesla puts. Market goes up, your ARKG shares look good, but your TSLA puts likely won't hit. Market goes down, your TSLA puts hit, and you go long with your ARKG shares. I can get on board with that.

Reaction Score
So after more thought, you'd essentially be hedging you ARKG shares with tesla puts. Market goes up, your ARKG shares look good, but your TSLA puts likely won't hit. Market goes down, your TSLA puts hit, and you go long with your ARKG shares. I can get on board with that.
Even simpler, ARKG predominantly invests in separate sectors from ARKK and other ARK ETFs AND distinctly different companies than TSLA. Different allocations of available cash. If the TSLA puts ever end up being exercised, they are intended to hedge TSLA shares and provide some ARKK hedge. No direct relation to ARKG. Currently, no specific ARKG hedge exists on brand new buys. QQQ/SPY and low stop limit I guess if ALL US mkt caps and sectors actually implodes at some point.

Reaction Score
Even simpler, ARKG predominantly invests in separate sectors from ARKK and other ARK ETFs AND distinctly different companies than TSLA. Different allocations of available cash. If the TSLA puts ever end up being exercised, they are intended to hedge TSLA shares and provide some ARKK hedge. No direct relation to ARKG. Currently, no specific ARKG hedge exists on brand new buys. QQQ/SPY and low stop limit I guess if ALL US mkt caps and sectors actually implodes at some point.
If it works that they diverge in the next month in opposite directions I will buy you a Uconn's game worth of beer if we can ever go to games again. I'm telling you you will see similar charts like posted above regardless of their substance. It's as simple as that. Look at their charts over the last 3 months. You're thinking of it like we're not in a pandemic market.

Unless of course Elon holds another battery day or there is a miracle find in genomics.

Reaction Score
I continue to hold SENS because it's a great long-term play. They reported excellent results yesterday, will be starting to sell in the US in April and have the FDA approval for their 180 product coming soon. Nothing but good news from here in my opinion. Buy now if you can, I added to my position when it dipped below $3. I also bought some TSLA at $575 because 10 years from now that's going to look like a bargain. I get they have a very high P/E, but there are very few innovative companies and TSLA is one of them. They will continue to come out with products that their fans will buy up before they can even see them (similar to Apple fans). TSLA isn't just a carmaker, you'll soon see a fully integrated company that provides the power to your home, your car, etc. I expect at some point they'll integrate with Starlink to provide packaged deals for home internet. Elon Musk continues to be about 5 steps ahead of his competitors and that's where I want my $$ invested as of right now.
Yeah, I've been DCA'ing like crazy as I was 1/2 cash before the bubble popped. If we don't get a good stimmy / re-opening bounce back, then I'll revert to long-holding. I rarely sell for losses, I'm too stubborn.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Yeah, I've been DCA'ing like crazy as I was 1/2 cash before the bubble popped. If we don't get a good stimmy / re-opening bounce back, then I'll revert to long-holding. I rarely sell for losses, I'm too stubborn.
My problem this week was I had maxed out my funding into stocks and had no cash on hand. I wanted to buy substantially more $ SENS. Maybe another dip will occur before the FDA clearance.

Reaction Score
What would be your strategy buying calls on SENS with a 3-19 strike of either $2.50 or $3? The $2.50 strike is .40 and the $3 dollar strike is .25 (both on the ask if not mistaken). After hours it was trading up to around $2.69 (after the CEO confirmation) so it looks like it will open higher putting the $2.50 in the money or above strike in the first 15 mins of trading.

Any trends on SENS at open Monday would be appreciated. Is a quick pullback putting the $2.50 strike back out of the money in morning trading a good possibility? I was thinking of buying four or five contracts.

I wear the Dexcom G6. It looks like the FDA is scheduled to start review on the Eversense 180 day sensor (approved in Europe as you know) on April 15th. I think CEO has lowered expectations per conference call on when approval should be granted. So under promise over perform could the plan? I need to check short interest. Do you know what it is?

It will be interesting to see how those large stake holders like Smith/Coyle who I think are locked in @.39 c (Smith is) will move with their shares and when (I need to read terms). Partner Ascensia is hiring a bunch of people for marketing purposes like you mentioned with the April target.

Thanks for any info relating to your DD. :) Hope everyone is doing well.

Best Always,
BDH

Go Huskies!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're thinking of it like we're not in a pandemic market.
To be fair, it's reasonable you may be unaware of what I (or others) believe regarding the current status of the SARS-2 virus in the US vs in other nations globally. Similarly, my perspectives on diverse sectors, various markets and respective impacts, risks and opportunities several months to a year+ down the road. Likewise, most posters and I have minimal direct insights to really know or to accurately understand your individual perspectives.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder(s), including various day traders versus different LT investors with different risk spectrums, investment experience, etc. Fortunately, different perspectives as well as reading and trying to interpret posts and actions can make for interesting discussions. Good luck with your objectives.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If it works that they diverge in the next month in opposite directions I will buy you a Uconn's game worth of beer if we can ever go to games again. I'm telling you you will see similar charts like posted above regardless of their substance. It's as simple as that. Look at their charts over the last 3 months. You're thinking of it like we're not in a pandemic market.

Unless of course Elon holds another battery day or there is a miracle find in genomics.

I'm not sure what is and isn't a "Pandemic Market". Near normal is probably 2-3 months away in my view. What does that change? WFH? Not much. How about ordering from Dunkin on an app and picking it up? You think that stops? Nope. The end of the Pandemic will drive large companies who have been sitting on cash to invest it. Where do they invest it? I have been long tech because I believe every company is a tech company now. Grocery stores? Win with tech. Retail? Tech. Transport? Tech. Finance? Tech. Some are lagging and others are early adopters.

Think of it this way. Fifteen years ago did you consider retail a tech sector? Media and entertainment? How about 5-6 years ago, did you consider the taxi business a tech business? What about the hotel/short terms stay business, was that a tech business before AirBnB? Paypal was around, but it feels like Venmo has replaced cash. My belief is that the shift from now to 2030 will be bigger than the shift from 2010-2020.

Who wins? Who loses? Not sure other than that anybody standing still is going to lose.

Reaction Score
To be fair, it's reasonable you may be unaware of what I (or others) believe regarding the current status of the SARS-2 virus in the US vs in other nations globally. Similarly, my perspectives on diverse sectors, various markets and respective impacts, risks and opportunities several months to a year+ down the road. Likewise, most posters and I have minimal direct insights to really know or to accurately understand your individual perspectives.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder(s), including various day traders versus different LT investors with different risk spectrums, investment experience, etc. Fortunately, different perspectives as well as reading and trying to interpret posts and actions can make for interesting discussions. Good luck with your objectives.
ARKG -4%, TSLA -5% Hope you only went with the TSLA puts! Well played if so.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom